Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, fryoj said:

Not sure why we got 2 minutes of walking down the street there, but ok

Yeah, he zoomed in on some of the track, but the camera was so shaky that it was impossible to make out what any of the labels said in the video!

• Like 2

I hope the supports have good contrast to the blue track! I am not a fan of how the track color and support color on Leviathan look almost identical. However, I love Banshee’s color scheme with the blue/purple supports and the red/pink track (I am not sure those are the actual colors), but I am not a fan of Diamondback’s color scheme because the yellow has been faded for years. On the giga, I am personally hoping for white or black supports as I think those colors would look great!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Footers are starting to be poured.1280x768

9F66E25E-3C9F-4A44-B61C-A5AE65918BB4.png

Got any indication where this is in area? My guess is this is still just a pier for a footing (yellow, below) instead of the footing itself. The coaster support footings will have grout pockets formed in them plus the anchor bolts (green, below). The orange spray paint around this pier is likely the outline of the footing that has yet to be poured. But still, exciting times!

pier.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Got any indication where this is in area? My guess is this is still just a pier for a footing (yellow, below) instead of the footing itself. The coaster support footings will have grout pockets formed in them plus the anchor bolts (green, below). The orange spray paint around this pier is likely the outline of the footing that has yet to be poured. But still, exciting times!

pier.jpg

369C1E9E-C464-41BA-82D8-5519FC482151.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Yeah it does, and that comes directly after the helix element which should have one or two of it's own.

I can confirm that there’s “plenty” of room around the clearance envelop, however there will be at least 4 headchoper moments on this coaster from my 3D layout model. This will be a fun ride! Stay tuned for a full element analysis video this week! Only on Blue Fire Coasters YouTube channel! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

I can confirm that there’s “plenty” of room around the clearance envelop, however there will be at least 4 headchoper moments on this coaster from my 3D layout model. This will be a fun ride! Stay tuned for a full element analysis video this week! Only on Blue Fire Coasters YouTube channel! 

That's a tight fit! It looked from your video like there were a couple other near-misses with supports leading right into this coming out of the helix. I would guess the 4th is on the speedhill after the turn around? I'll check out the video and find out since it's tough to tell on 2d video!

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 1.10.26 PM.png

• Like 3

Some fun facts about the first poured pier and its accompanying footing:

• Just this pier (pier ST7D) alone is 48" in diameter and 27.75 feet deep
  • The engineered top height at this particular footing is 742.753' above sea level (FYI, the 'zero' height for this project is 740', so this pier surface is ~2.753' above zero)
  • Above what you see will be the poured footing. The particular footing here will add another 48" on concrete on top of what you'll already see.
  • This pier plus its two accompanying piers plus the footing on top will use approximately 109 tons of concrete, just for this single footing/pier combo! (this pier/footing is ~1514 cubic feet, using an estimated concrete density of 145 lbs/ft^3, disregarding the rebar within)
  • Below is a CAD model of just this pier/footing combo. The round portions are the piers (the underground portion). The box-shaped piece is the above-ground footing, that we're all accustomed to seeing.

ST7D.jpg

ST7D cad1.jpg

ST7D cad2.jpg

• Like 12

On 6/9/2019 at 9:51 AM, collin.klopfstein said:

Yeah I was about to say it could just be light or a reflection, sucks it’s only solid blue

I'm with you. Can't say I'm surprised though. Fancy paint job would have cost more. They don't seem to be splurging on anything with this one.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

That's a tight fit! It looked from your video like there were a couple other near-misses with supports leading right into this coming out of the helix. I would guess the 4th is on the speedhill after the turn around? I'll check out the video and find out since it's tough to tell on 2d video!

Check out this vid to have a better perspective on that! 

(There’s 2 after the helix, one in the low turn out of the first turn arround and one after the first airtime hill. However these last 2 are more hand chopper then head chopper)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Yeah the first clue that it's not complete is the rebar sticking up. They are pouring these piers as soon as they are drilled, so they all have concrete at them at this point. 

• Like 2

^Seems to be a theme here. I understand people not wanting to get their photos posted without credit, but if the watermark covers the whole photo, it really defeats the point of the photo because you can’t see any detail in the photo. Am I crazy for thinking this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, standbyme said:

^Can’t decide if that’s a photo of footers with a watermark...or a photo of a watermark that just happens to have footers in the background. :rolleyes:

Don't you know? Watermarks are the new spoiler tags, duh. :P

• Haha 1

• malem locked this topic