Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 hours ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Not sure if this was posted, but there is blacktop around the new structure. Were those 4 footers in the background there before? 

Those are not footers. They appear to be concrete weights. While never that big, I've seen something similar to that being used to secure tents to. I wouldn't think that this type of structure would need those, their presence suggests otherwise. 

• Like 1

I created a visual of the station in CAD using the blueprint data. The blueprints left a lot of unknown dimensions, but tracing over the silhouette images and using the known dimensions got me a pretty close representation of the station, IMO. Overall, building is 40' wide, 50' long, 39' tall, with the main platform being 20' off the ground. Main entrance steps on rear of station, which will have some kind of wall separating two individual queues up the entrance steps, a set of exit steps and elevator on the front of the station, and a set of maintenance steps on the transfer side of the station as well as at the bottom of the exit steps. 

A lot of fine details are not shown here (railings, steps, metal siding, etc.). Adding all that superfluous detail brings my laptop to its knees, and would take several more hours to create, so it's just not going to happen...anyways, here's some pics. I plan on dropping it into my footings/piers CAD model soon to get a better overview visualization of the whole area.

station1.jpg

station2.jpg

station3.jpg

station4.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Is it possible, based on the blueprints, that this new ride will have a storage system similar to Yukon Striker’s new overhead storage system? I don’t know if this has already been talked about, but I was just wondering about it!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Is it possible, based on the blueprints, that this new ride will have a storage system similar to Yukon Striker’s new overhead storage system? I don’t know if this has already been talked about, but I was just wondering about it!

Seeing that the locker Bay is being expanded, I highly doubt it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BSBMX said:

I created a visual of the station in CAD using the blueprint data. The blueprints left a lot of unknown dimensions, but tracing over the silhouette images and using the known dimensions got me a pretty close representation of the station, IMO. Overall, building is 40' wide, 50' long, 39' tall, with the main platform being 20' off the ground. Main entrance steps on rear of station, which will have some kind of wall separating two individual queues up the entrance steps, a set of exit steps and elevator on the front of the station, and a set of maintenance steps on the transfer side of the station as well as at the bottom of the exit steps. 

A lot of fine details are not shown here (railings, steps, metal siding, etc.). Adding all that superfluous detail brings my laptop to its knees, and would take several more hours to create, so it's just not going to happen...anyways, here's some pics. I plan on dropping it into my footings/piers CAD model soon to get a better overview visualization of the whole area.

Pretty good work, but it's missing that drinking fountain in the drive booth! You might want to add that in!

(kidding, in case there was any confusion. I know plain text makes sarcasm hard to catch sometimes. Great job!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, homestar92 said:

Pretty good work, but it's missing that drinking fountain in the drive booth! You might want to add that in!

(kidding, in case there was any confusion. I know plain text makes sarcasm hard to catch sometimes. Great job!)

It's missing way more than that! I actually thought about adding that fountain in, but I was ready to be just done with it last night. @DustinTheNow might be taking these files and dressing them up, making them more realistic looking, so we'll see where this ends up. 

On a side note, if anyone in the Mason area could swing by the city office and ask for any new blueprints, that would be appreciated!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not really sure where they came to the conclusion that BGW would be getting a 355 ft tall coaster ?.... As @Logan Goddard said above, an Intamin Multi-Launch coaster has been all-but confirmed (the blueprints are out there) for next year. The likely outcome of this 2021 project would be a Drop Tower. 

For those curious, the link below provides some insight into the 2021 project and the 2020 Intamin multilaunch, both for Busch Gardens Williamsburg:

BGWFans

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic