Decoding 2020

fryoj

Does anyone have any clue to why we're seeing more trees knocked down as of now? We've seen what we believe to be the layout of this ride, so could X-Base be getting some flats as well (in tune to what CF did with the area where Copperhead Strike was placed, for instance) or is this just something ordinary (thinking of last year's venture in the Giga Speculation Thread where trees were being cleared by The Beast just because of termites or something like that).

• Like 7

1 minute ago, starlitfire said:

Does anyone have any clue to why we're seeing more trees knocked down as of now? We've seen what we believe to be the layout of this ride, so could X-Base be getting some flats as well (in tune to what CF did with the area where Copperhead Strike was placed, for instance) or is this just something ordinary (thinking of last year's venture in the Giga Speculation Thread where trees were being cleared by The Beast just because of termites or something like that).

My guess is now that they have the station footers drilled, they were able to physically look down the line and noticed the trees were too close to the eventual track location and needed cut back. The plans would show flats if they were going to be any. If that was the plan, they probably wouldn't have the station where its at blocking off expansion areas. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, fryoj said:

My guess is now that they have the station footers drilled, they were able to physically look down the line and noticed the trees were too close to the eventual track location and needed cut back. The plans would show flats if they were going to be any. If that was the plan, they probably wouldn't have the station where its at blocking off expansion areas. 

This is what I think too. After seeing it in person, they aren't widening it by THAT much so far. Maybe 5-10 feet wider down the bulk of the length. I honestly don't think we would have noticed if it weren't for the actual trees laying in the clearing 

• Like 5

34b358e320e1c5deb3e2d765f7610378.jpg
Anybody need pictures of anything while i’m here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, anywhere you can send since I wont be at park until mid July. Thanks to everyone who goes to the park, CSF and six in the air for the truly awesome fotos

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yes, anywhere you can send since I wont be at park until mid July. Thanks to everyone who goes to the park, CSF and six in the air for the truly awesome fotos

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I already left, I go before work, since I live next door to KI, and get free food every day

• Like 5

1 hour ago, starlitfire said:

Maybe they figured out the logistics of construction and concluded that they need this area as a path for equipment.

• Like 7

No you don’t, but the likelihood of that being the case is very near zero, mostly because these are the plans that were filed with the city, not just a random find on an online forum. Messing with enthusiasts and guests is one thing. Doing so by sending fake plans to a government building... doesn’t sound like fun on KIs behalf if they did this imo

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Not really sure where they came to the conclusion that BGW would be getting a 355 ft tall coaster ?.... As @Logan Goddard said above, an Intamin Multi-Launch coaster has been all-but confirmed (the blueprints are out there) for next year. The likely outcome of this 2021 project would be a Drop Tower. 

For those curious, the link below provides some insight into the 2021 project and the 2020 Intamin multilaunch, both for Busch Gardens Williamsburg:

BGWFans

Don’t they already have a Drop Tower ride in Mach Tower? It could be a Windswker type ride or perhaps a Slingshot upcharge ride. It could also be a really tall building for an indoor ride, who knows?

• Like 1

As long as everyone was safe I think it would be kinda cool to be on a valleyed coaster. That doesn't happen often...unique credit??

I’d think so, good thing sensors are in place to make sure 2 trains will never be on the track at the same time. I heard it poured rain on them too

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1988602284500537/permalink/2715524938474931?sfns=mo
Hopefully this doesn’t happen to our giga, GateKeeper got stuck. Due to possible high winds

1 minute ago, CoasterMegRN said:

As long as everyone was safe I think it would be kinda cool to be on a valleyed coaster. That doesn't happen often...unique credit??

1 hour ago, CoasterMegRN said:

Anybody ever got stuck at top of a lift hill? Our train once stopped at the top of Magnum XL-200 and we sat there for what seemed like 5 minutes. Gotta say I was getting nervous at the prospect of walking down the lift hill on those little steps. I also didn't know about anti-rollback features at the time. Kind of scary. lol

• Like 3

Anybody ever got stuck at top of a lift hill? Our train once stopped at the top of Magnum XL-200 and we sat there for what seemed like 5 minutes. Gotta say I was getting nervous at the prospect of walking down the lift hill on those little steps. I also didn't know about anti-rollback features at the time. Kind of scary. lol

I got stuck on MF at CP for 45 minutes and it started to rain, we each got 4 exit passes

• Like 2

10 hours ago, presto123 said:

My sister got stuck at top of Drop Zone when it opened. They were up there like 15 minutes....

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic