Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

And I even mentioned that his stats are inaccurate according to the blueprints. Here’s his reply:

c3b99dfa4743e579c80c8f05615935d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol B&M doesn't even consider it a Giga anyway. Their product catalog on the website mentions hyper coasters, but not giga coasters, and if you look at the photo gallery on their product page for Hyper Coasters, there are pictures of Leviathan in there...

• Like 5

While the blackout/greyout conversation is interesting, maybe someone should throw up a poll to allow the conversation continue further there?  

Regarding decoding, I've been seeing a lot of new faces here going over items which have been somewhat "settled" by the community based upon things we've learned/seen from the blueprints.  Now that this thread is 200+ pages, I'm wondering if would be a good idea to refresh the good stuff from waaayy back.  Searching this thread for the good nuggets is difficult.  I've tried to bookmark some good posts, but need to sort through them.

If everyone posts some links to their favorite/interesting posts from previous weeks/months, that could bring some cream back to the top?  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Maddog said:

While the blackout/greyout conversation is interesting, maybe someone should throw up a poll to allow the conversation continue further there?  

Regarding decoding, I've been seeing a lot of new faces here going over items which have been somewhat "settled" by the community based upon things we've learned/seen from the blueprints.  Now that this thread is 200+ pages, I'm wondering if would be a good idea to refresh the good stuff from waaayy back.  Searching this thread for the good nuggets is difficult.  I've tried to bookmark some good posts, but need to sort through them.

If everyone posts some links to their favorite/interesting posts from previous weeks/months, that could bring some cream back to the top?  

I like this idea. I was trying to go back to past posts. it's interesting reading but just  a lot of look at lol 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, fryoj said:

We have our first on site piece of evidence of construction for 2020. Let the games begin. 

57373070_2508465412519824_90906758096093

Source: https://www.facebook.com/fyecoasters/

Add this to what we already know. Plans were filed in August 2018 with Warren county named the "2018, 2019, 2020 Additions and Modifications to Kings Island Park" with Bolliger and Mabillard named as Contractors.

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 6.45.49 PM.png

Source: https://oh3laredo.fidlar.com/OHWarren/AvaWeb/#!/search

LOL didnt know this was shared ha, love looking back through these kind of things! So excited to see what this is going to look like when its all done! Can't wait until teasers! Wish they would do something like they did with Dback and Mystic. Unless its not for 2020 lol jk...

• Like 2

Lol B&M doesn't even consider it a Giga anyway. Their product catalog on the website mentions hyper coasters, but not giga coasters, and if you look at the photo gallery on their product page for Hyper Coasters, there are pictures of Leviathan in there...

I even replied back after I took that screenshot and told him that. Lol

• Like 1

Even though there's no distinction on the product page, I think it's important to make note of the fact that B&M's design philosophy with a 300' coaster is notably different than with a 200' coaster. It's basically the difference between Magnum and Millennium Force, with the former emphasizing airtime moments and featuring relatively few/simple turns and the latter emphasizing speed, overbanks, and sometimes laterals. I'd have liked to see a bigger lift for Project X to make the difference more pronounced, but that's another conversation. 

Another thing that's always been true is that we don't know the exact height of the lift...we only know the zero height given on the blueprints and drop height. I think it's almost guaranteed that the official height of this coaster will be 300' or 301', and the exact lift height doesn't matter to ride experience anyway. I think this is a coaster that'll end up surprising people with its elements and pacing. I had to get over an initial wave of disappointment myself...but that doesn't mean the end product won't be amazing. I'm just stoked to see another solid giga going up, it doesn't happen every year.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

Even though there's no distinction on the product page, I think it's important to make note of the fact that B&M's design philosophy with a 300' coaster is notably different than with a 200' coaster. It's basically the difference between Magnum and Millennium Force, with the former emphasizing airtime moments and featuring relatively few/simple turns and the latter emphasizing speed, overbanks, and sometimes laterals. I'd have liked to see a bigger lift for Project X to make the difference more pronounced, but that's another conversation. 

Another thing that's always been true is that we don't know the exact height of the lift...we only know the zero height given on the blueprints and drop height. I think it's almost guaranteed that the official height of this coaster will be 300' or 301', and the exact lift height doesn't matter to ride experience anyway. I think this is a coaster that'll end up surprising people with its elements and pacing. I had to get over an initial wave of disappointment myself...but that doesn't mean the end product won't be amazing. I'm just stoked to see another solid giga going up, it doesn't happen every year.

You're right about the differences in design, but the argument the guy was making is that it can't possibly be 296 feet because B&M wouldn't call it a Giga then - but they don't call it a giga anyway so his claim is moot.

Yes, the design ideology will be vastly different from a ~200 foot hypercoaster, but whether it's 296 or 301 won't affect B&M's branding when Apollo's Chariot and Fury 325 are both considered to be the same model in B&M's catalog.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2019 at 1:02 AM, presto123 said:

Anybody ever got stuck at top of a lift hill? Our train once stopped at the top of Magnum XL-200 and we sat there for what seemed like 5 minutes. Gotta say I was getting nervous at the prospect of walking down the lift hill on those little steps. I also didn't know about anti-rollback features at the time. Kind of scary. lol

We were stuck at the top of The Beast's second lift hill last year for about 20 minutes.  The first car or two had crested and the remainder were still on the lift (I was towards the back).  It was about 9:30 PM and fairly dark.  They made a couple announcements and sent two people, a staff person and a supervisor, to make sure that we were okay.  They climbed all the way up to us.  After a few minutes, they got the call that the ride was going to be restarted and they cleared out.  Moments later, the lift restarted.  Didn't scare us but was a little aggravating because my bladder decided that it really needed to go right there and then.  It was a very quick hustle out of the station once we unloaded.

I no longer get in line without first consulting my system needs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't "Giga coaster" a marketing term that Intamin came up with? 

Indeed. However it should be noted that Fury 325 was marketed as the world's tallest & fastest giga coaster so it is a classification Cedar Fair has acknowledged to claim those records. Interestingly I don't think Leviathan has been referred to as a giga coaster in any marketing that I could find (just "one of the world's biggest & fastest roller coasters").

Makes me think they might not market this as a giga coaster since it's not breaking any records. Like Leviathan, this is a big ol roller coaster.

• Like 4

I was at the park for a few hours today and spent a lot of time on the Eiffel Tower. It was very crowded today. I had to leave at like 3:30 since today is my birthday and we were going out for dinner. But here is the picture I got of the site from the tower. I could see a lot of action and workers working down there. 
IMG_20190614_142519_339.thumb.jpg.59f594caee85246bc7c68eb4d97aa506.jpg
Happy birthday! On another note I love seeing the worksite so active recently

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

Happy birthday! On another note I love seeing the worksite so active recently

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! And same! I'm glad they're moving forward with this project. My OCD would make me worry that the project would be cancelled since some people are ungrateful about this coaster. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, christian.mov said:

Hey Everyone. I found I think the most realistic re-creation on the internet yet! ( From the blue prints ) 

It is definitely the best and shows the ride much better than the previous people's did. 

Lol why are you self advertising your ride?? It's not accurate. Me and lots of other people know this is your NL2 channel...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Logan said:

How long does it usually take from going vertical to completion of the track?

For Cedar Fair parks, they usually go vertical in late July or early August (their recent B&Ms have gone vertical shortly after the official announcement) and are finished with the track several months before the season starts - Banshee's track was completed in mid-January.

Now, if you're Six Flags or Kennywood, you start in October and finish track construction halfway through the following season, it seems.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

Thank you so much! And same! I'm glad they're moving forward with this project. My OCD would make me worry that the project would be cancelled since some people are ungrateful about this coaster. 

They wouldn’t cancel this multimillion dollar project just because less than 2% of the population weren’t satisfied with the blueprint. Everyone I’ve talked to outside of the community about this ride seemed thrilled to have a rollercoaster with a drop of 300 ft.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Adrenaline Obsession said:

Lol why are you self advertising your ride?? It's not accurate. Me and lots of other people know this is your NL2 channel...

It's not the fact that he advertised his own video. I can understand that when it's in good faith. But when he acts like he just happen to stumble upon this video and passes if off as someone else's most-accurate recreation, that's when it's preposterous. 

AND his user name here is the same IG name that he lists in the video description. Come on!

If he is an engineer like he says he is in one of his YT replies, he would be able to concisely explain or show his validation behind the figures he used in his "recreation". Cool video nonetheless. 

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic