Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

In this picture am I right in my assumption that they are able to adjust the supports prior to filling with grout. Is this gap left there to help fit and adjust track pieces together?
067dca31ab17375b5895fb1562abcaf6.jpg

Yes. They want the track pieces to bolt together squarely without 'fighting' any resistance from the supports where they meet the ground, so they will keep the support-footing connections 'loose' until the track in the vicinity is bolted tight. If it weren't for this small bit of float, then the track pieces may not bolt together as they're intended and could leave a noticeable kink in the track connection. 

They can also manually adjust these areas too. Here's an image from Banshee's construction where you can see two hydraulic jacks (beefier version of what you'd use to lift up your car). They may have used these to lift the supports another inch or two to meet up with the track at top. Image is from KIC's construction pics of Banshee.

jacks.jpg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

That guy is pretty strong to be holding up that track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah! He is The Beast.

It looks like he's removing the protector end plates that keep the edges of the rail from damage prior to assembly. Here's a closeup image of those plates and a footing. Pic from here:

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2013/10/scott-and-carol-present-kings-island_28.html

end plate.jpg

• Like 6

On 6/15/2019 at 3:40 PM, BSBMX said:

In the link quoted above, some of the images show new clearing down towards Racer's turnaround. This clearing is near an overhead electrical line. 

Per the electrical blueprints, this area is marked with an ES28 tag, which explains that the overhead lines will be replaced by an underground conduit. With the electrical blueprints already being released, I'd expect this will occur before any bigger construction goes on in this area, meaning that the additional clearing we see going on in this area may just be for this move of electrical service. 

567491E5-4E5E-4D6C-A326-0C8C8CF43FAC.jpeg

83FB28D3-DEC7-4F2F-83F1-B047689F2BF6.jpeg

3CD756DB-3F4B-490F-854E-0C8FC33AB9F8.jpeg

• Like 5

Someone may have pointed this out earlier (or I did), but for the sake of new conversation, Yukon Striker is the only rollercoaster in the Cedar Fair chain that has a water fountain in the station in order for people to dump out their drinks before placing them on the new ride storage bin system. Do you think that the reason there is a water fountain in the station is for the giga to have a similar ride storage bin system? I know Amusement Insiders pointed this out in a video long ago, but I was just thinking about it again today because I didn’t know if anyone had put more thought into it...

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Someone may have pointed this out earlier (or I did), but for the sake of new conversation, Yukon Striker is the only rollercoaster in the Cedar Fair chain that has a water fountain in the station in order for people to dump out their drinks before placing them on the new ride storage bin system. Do you think that the reason there is a water fountain in the station is for the giga to have a similar ride storage bin system? I know Amusement Insiders pointed this out in a video long ago, but I was just thinking about it again today because I didn’t know if anyone had put more thought into it...

The water fountain is on the exit side of the station, so no. I think it's simply for employee use.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pkiknex25 said:

The water fountain is on the exit side of the station, so no. I think it's simply for employee use.

I have not been to Canada’s Wonderland to experience the new ride storage system, so I don’t full understand how it works, but if it is anything similar to how plain bins in the station work, it would be on the exit side of the station. When you board, let’s say Diamondback, you step over your seat to the exit side to put your items in the bin. I will probably have to research how Canada’s Wonderland’s system works to find out more about it before I can say for sure...

• Like 2

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

I have not been to Canada’s Wonderland to experience the new ride storage system, so I don’t full understand how it works, but if it is anything similar to how plain bins in the station work, it would be on the exit side of the station. When you board, let’s say Diamondback, you step over your seat to the exit side to put your items in the bin. I will probably have to research how Canada’s Wonderland’s system works to find out more about it before I can say for sure...

Yukon Striker carries your stuff from the entrance side of the station to the exit side, with the bins on a conveyor belt crossing over the track. There's no stepping across the train required.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fryoj said:

WindSeeker is this tall

But WindSeeker doesnt drop this fast. WindSeeker just has several slow motion helixes then a 1 minute descending break run to the ground.  Sitting in the back seat of WindSeeker doesnt feel faster either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

But WindSeeker doesnt drop this fast. WindSeeker just has several slow motion helixes then a 1 minute descending break run to the ground.  Sitting in the back seat of WindSeeker doesnt feel faster either.

Yeah, but we are talking about @sixohdieselrage's fantasies here, not yours. 

• Like 2

What I meant by my statement was, I would love to have a 301' drop on a wing, dive and flourless before a drop like that on a giga. I'd prefer the giga to be around 320', but at least we are getting something.

Agreed. A 301’ flyer would be nice.e060009738482f7ca42f4de7715dd000.jpg
Yukon striker looks huge next to WindSeeker, so that wouldn’t be a bad addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

flourless

Hasn't it been independently confirmed Project X is gluten free? I'm not sure about vegan :lol:

On the real, inverting coasters don't need giga height to do what they do and some of the best are smaller...you only need to look to Maverick and similar coasters for the evidence of that. The floorless effect is the closest thing to a gimmick that B&M have ever pulled, it does very little for ride experience. I do agree that a flying coaster could be amazing at 300'+ height, Tatsu has a total altitude variance of 263' and it makes for an awesome ride experience. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

not the best pictures but here’s from today. If you use them make sure to mention me1280x768.

That's probably not the top of the lift. There's not a chain guide on that piece of track. You can see what I'm talking about on the hershey track in the foreground of the pic. Theres a channel for the chair to ride in. That piece is poissibly ST3 which would be part of the brake run. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BSBMX said:

3CD756DB-3F4B-490F-854E-0C8FC33AB9F8.jpeg

Thanks for this photograph and your continued insight, @BSBMX.

Off-topic question: The re-tracking of The Racer seen in that photo-has the ride improved at all and was it done by a particular company?

On-topic question: One of the comments repeated on KIC since 2007 has been that XBase needs a restroom. Have these blueprints revealed the potential of any restrooms being constructed?

On-topic followup question: If the park does build restrooms in X-Base to go along with this new ride, will they be somewhat shorter, abbreviated, and only almost as good as their Canada and Carolina counterparts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Thanks for this photograph and your continued insight, @BSBMX.

Off-topic question: The re-tracking of The Racer seen in that photo-has the ride improved at all and was it done by a particular company?

On-topic question: One of the comments repeated on KIC since 2007 has been that XBase needs a restroom. Have these blueprints revealed the potential of any restrooms being constructed?

On-topic followup question: If the park does build restrooms in X-Base to go along with this new ride, will they be somewhat shorter, abbreviated, and only almost as good as their Canada and Carolina counterparts?

No bathrooms

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic