Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, pkiknex25 said:

The water fountain is on the exit side of the station, so no. I think it's simply for employee use.

Been at Carowinds the last 2 days. Copperhead Strike has the water fountain on the exit side. Only saw them use it for employees, and when a train was out in the sun for about 10 min due to mechanical issues, they gave the riders on that train cups of water using the fountain.

• Like 6

Thanks for this photograph and your continued insight, [mention=11660]BSBMX[/mention].

Off-topic question: The re-tracking of The Racer seen in that photo-has the ride improved at all and was it done by a particular company?

On-topic question: One of the comments repeated on KIC since 2007 has been that XBase needs a restroom. Have these blueprints revealed the potential of any restrooms being constructed?

On-topic followup question: If the park does build restrooms in X-Base to go along with this new ride, will they be somewhat shorter, abbreviated, and only almost as good as their Canada and Carolina counterparts?

The retrack was done by GCI, and you can tell when you ride it cause you can hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, fryoj said:

That's probably not the top of the lift. There's not a chain guide on that piece of track. You can see what I'm talking about on the hershey track in the foreground of the pic. Theres a channel for the chair to ride in. That piece is poissibly ST3 which would be part of the brake run. 

I agree it's not part of the chain lift portion of the lifthill, but it has the larger box spine seen in the lift/crest/drop, not part of the brake section. The ties in this piece are different than their standard track ties. I'd guess that this piece is the piece at the crest just after the chain stops. 

In the blueprint, you can see a dashed circular outline in the very top piece (yellow circle below). This is the return gear wheel for the chain. I'm guessing the piece of track we're talking about is the piece just beyond this, circled in red, or the piece just beyond that. 

Below is basically the same piece on Fury. You can see there's no chain through in the previous piece. From below:

https://www.coaster101.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Fury19.jpg

FA3C7A0B-7972-41BC-83D2-593AA839F90B.jpeg

2EBC3C81-AA91-4AA0-A08F-CF0EC6B8CF8A.jpeg

1F3AB61A-5A1D-4B7E-9E50-B6A083840276.jpeg

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

And ironically, it's the bumpiest part of the ride now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I honestly did not think it was “rough,” but I can see why you say that as it made a very strange noise navigating the turnaround. I think it is smoother than last year, though, because while it may seem to have a vibration to it, it does not jerk you around like it did in the past. I think it is because the park is using old PTC trains on modern GCI track. If The Racer could get the Ghostrider treatment with all-new track and trains, it would be one of the best in the park, but that is something for another topic...

• Like 6

I honestly did not think it was “rough,” but I can see why you say that as it made a very strange noise navigating the turnaround. I think it is smoother than last year, though, because while it may seem to have a vibration to it, it does not jerk you around like it did in the past. I think it is because the park is using old PTC trains on modern GCI track. If The Racer could get the Ghostrider treatment with all-new track and trains, it would be one of the best in the park, but that is something for another topic...
Rough, no. Just bumpy. I agree, a complete retrack and trains would make this ride so much better. But then again, they could investigate Racer 75 because it has the original PTC trains and is glassy smooth. But if I remember correctly, Gravity Group worked on it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I have nothing going on tomorrow and I don’t live that far from CSF , should I walk there and get video? “Remember I’m 14 and can’t drive” also coming back from my basketball they had a part of the drop on that little crane thingy, i couldn’t get any pics but here’s what it was ⬇️ 

625128A1-1AE1-4601-9F18-71153D462900.png

• Like 7

At least Cedar Fair is taking a year off from the brown track and actually doing something colorful. Their most recent additions have mostly been brown/red/copper colors with strange names ie. Mystic Timbers, Yukon Striker, Steel Vengeance (not weird imo), Twisted Timbers. The only exception was Hangtime in 2018. Anyway I'm excited for this coaster and theme! It'll be nice having a very good coaster next to FoF and not an average Vekoma. It used to be I would skip that area because of the horrendous lines. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I have nothing going on tomorrow and I don’t live that far from CSF , should I walk there and get video? “Remember I’m 14 and can’t drive” also coming back from my basketball they had a part of the drop on that little crane thingy, i couldn’t get any pics but here’s what it was ⬇️ 

625128A1-1AE1-4601-9F18-71153D462900.png

It would be cool if you could get some video, but just make sure it is not down pouring when you go. LOL! I as well as the others would greatly appreciate that. Also, have you seen any painted supports yet that aren’t grey/silver for the Hershey Hyper?

Edit: Just make sure you don’t trespass on their property... I see that posted every time on a B&M plant tour, and while I am not sure what will happen, it is better to play it safe!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It would be cool if you could get some video, but just make sure it is not down pouring when go. LOL! I as well as the others would greatly appreciate that. Also, have you seen any painted supports yet that aren’t grey/silver for the Hershey Hyper?

Edit: Just make sure you don’t trespass on their property... I see that posted every time on a B&M plant tour, and while I am not sure what will happen, it is better to play it safe!

I will make sure not to trespass! Also I have not seen any supports painted yet. I’m guessing they could be storing the supports back here maybe”1”  and they are starting to put track right here”2” they could be putting supports there later. ⬇️ 

663D2DC2-5A84-4F7E-BD5E-BC1B168664A6.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It would be cool if you could get some video, but just make sure it is not down pouring when you go. LOL! I as well as the others would greatly appreciate that. Also, have you seen any painted supports yet that aren’t grey/silver for the Hershey Hyper?

I'm not sure if you have a camera with good zoom or not, but a pic of the end of one of the blue pieces with the "MCT" marking clearly marked would be nice. I think we are sure that it is there, but I've not seen a clear shot of one. Also pics of the area to the right where the gray pieces have been stacked to see whats there now. 

Edit: Meant to quote @collin.klopfstein

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I'm not sure if you have a camera with good zoom or not, but a pic of the end of one of the blue pieces with the "MCT" marking clearly marked would be nice. I think we are sure that it is there, but I've not seen a clear shot of one. Also pics of the area to the right where the gray pieces have been stacked to see whats there now. 

Edit: Meant to quote @collin.klopfstein

I will ask my dad if I can use one of his cameras, hopefully he will say yes! And if he doesn’t I’ll get video on my iphone

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic