Decoding 2020

fryoj

I reached out to Mason's Eng/Building Dept. via email and received confirmation from them that no new additional plans/blueprints have been submitted yet. Also confirmed that the foundation plans and electrical plans that we have already seen are the only ones that exist so far. Because of this, I do not expect to see any additional footings/piers to be drilled anytime 'soon' that are beyond the lift/station/transfer/brake area, but electrical work can still commence in all areas detailed by the electrical plans.

I say 'soon' because, even though no new plans have been submitted yet, it only took the original foundation plans a total of 2 days to get approved...so new work beyond what's shown on the existing foundation plans may still happen soon, but the plans just haven't been submitted to the city yet.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As much as I would love Millennium Flyers on those two coasters, I don't think the park is interested in doing that. 

1 hour ago, Snowball said:

I personally don't think they would look good on The Beast but I would love them on Racer.

I would prefer them from a comfortability standpoint. PTC trains aren't that comfortable to ride in; especially when going over airtime hills. In addition I love how much space you get when you're in a millennium flyer train.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

Off topic: I wouldn’t mind putting millennium flyers on The Racer.

The Racer is so much smoother this year, GCI (who I believe they said helped retrack it) did a great job. Wouldn't mind GCI cars. A new paint job with new cars would be a nice addition along with this giga. Give that side of the park a fresh look.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I have nothing going on tomorrow and I don’t live that far from CSF , should I walk there and get video? “Remember I’m 14 and can’t drive” also coming back from my basketball they had a part of the drop on that little crane thingy, i couldn’t get any pics but here’s what it was ⬇️ 

boys.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bansheeback said:

Saw this mentioned earlier, here is the link to the PDF blueprints that I posted about a week ago. Fryoj, you can also put them up top if you want.

bit.ly/kipx2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for double post...…………

Link doesn't work.

• Like 2

So I was reading a post somewhere on Facebook a couple days ago and someone commented that they work at KI and saw blue track somewhere. Interesting bit of info, do you think she could be referring to our photos from CSF or do you think there is some track already snuck in just not visible to the public?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Is there still land clearing being done or are they done with that....going back to posts from last week.

I think they are pretty much done with land clearing, but there may still be a couple trees to come down or some dirt to be moved. Maybe someone who has been to the park recently has more insight on this.

• Like 3

I know we’ve been saying it for a while now, but I really do think teasing will start within a week. It makes sense to wait until Grand Carnivale starts so as to not take away from it, but I don’t think they’ll wait all the way until it’s finished as, going off when announcements have been done in years past, that would give them only about a month of teasing before the announcement. Who knows, maybe that’s what they have planned. Maybe they won’t tease at all. Imo that would be very strange given the scale of this project, but if not teasing causes more hype, so be it.

Plus, if their intent was to have people spread rumors about a giga before teasing starts, mission accomplished. Most everyone, including a lot of the GP, know something big is coming, most likely a 300’ y’all coaster. However, with no really big recent developments (For the point of argument, im saying the hype around track color has died down), I think some teasing should be in order to keep people excited.

Just my two cents on the matter.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

I know we’ve been saying it for a while now, but I really do think teasing will start within a week. It makes sense to wait until Grand Carnivale starts so as to not take away from it, but I don’t think they’ll wait all the way until it’s finished as, going off when announcements have been done in years past, that would give them only about a month of teasing before the announcement. Who knows, maybe that’s what they have planned. Maybe they won’t tease at all. Imo that would be very strange given the scale of this project, but if not teasing causes more hype, so be it.

Plus, if their intent was to have people spread rumors about a giga before teasing starts, mission accomplished. Most everyone, including a lot of the GP, know something big is coming, most likely a 300’ y’all coaster. However, with no really big recent developments (For the point of argument, im saying the hype around track color has died down), I think some teasing should be in order to keep people excited.

Just my two cents on the matter.

If I remember correctly, Carowinds didn't start the teasing for Copperhead Strike until the end of June. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If I remember correctly, Carowinds didn't start the teasing for Copperhead Strike until the end of June. 

The teasing for Diamondback didn’t start until July 4, and that construction was in the middle of the park!

• Like 2

^True. I always forget about DB. I just think about Banshee and MT, which (I believe) both started on the first day of the season. If not, they were very near the beginning.

To me it’s just strange that there’s been next to nothing in terms of teasing.

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic