Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm excited to have a quonset hut in the queue line. Looking at these pictures, I think they could put some theming or something in there and make it cool.

Image Source: 

https://www.stclaircounty.org/Offices/parks/gallery.aspx?id=12

Quonset Hut.jpg

Hut Interior 1.jpg

Hut Interior 2.jpeg

Seeing your images made me wonder how large the quonset hut will be. Adjusting the overhead electrical plans to proper scale to match where the foundation plans have the footings, the quonset hut is right at 30'x40', which appears to be a fairly standard size for huts after a quick search. Not quite as large as the ones you have imaged, but still cool!

hut.jpg

After all, the quonset will only hold 3 main queue rows according to below, with perhaps some decor between the two sets, so it won't be a huge hut. I'm sure it'll be cool nonetheless.

hut better.jpg

38 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

I would really like to see this coaster have a light package like fury325 I just love the way it looks

Pc:

2c40c051ef7d6dc10193465669281202.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The electrical plans show an extensive light package will be underneath all high points of the coaster. Not sure how that'll compare to what Fury has, but I'm sure it'll look quite good. Page 0-E7.4 with keynotes ES30 and ES34 of the electrical plans detail this. I detailed this many, many posts ago if you feel like digging thru old posts. Use the keynotes to find where they're located along the track's path.

dmx.jpg

• Like 9

From a marketing standpoint, I would expect teasing to start after July 7th. I believe that's the final night of Gold Season pass sales. I would expect the teasing to start right after that date. I could see them getting a early jump on Gold passes for next year at that point. Again, I don't have any inside info, but being in marketing, this is what I'd do.

• Like 5

This is off topic but way back someone made an rmc model of The Beast. Can someone do that for SOB? I can’t atop wondering how epic that could have been 

There have been quite a few made. Just look up “RMC Son of Beast” and have fun watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I'm just stating that in my opinion, people complaining about the new coaster is getting old. You don't have to agree. You can give your opinions, I can give mine.

Your right, at least we are gettin something new. Had a lot of people do the same for Mystic Timbers and it turned out pretty good I’d say. 

• Like 2

The reason everyone wants teasers so badly is because there is only so much to talk about now in this thread. From the teasers, I hope we can figure out the exact stats of the rollercoaster and the general theme and the name of the ride.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, presto123 said:

How can anybody be disappointed in a giga? SMH

I think most of us are excited to ride it. Yes, it was disappointing to see the layout. KI is a great family park with a great collection of coasters. However, it's just not a world class type of coaster park. They had the land to go bigger and longer than are going. But, we're still thankful and excited for what we're getting.

• Like 3

So In 3 years we are getting a 419ft tall B&M hydraulic launch coaster.  Has to be close to Dragster but not Intamin and a little bit shorter. Lol only kidding, would follow Cedar Points plan though 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SonOfBeast1979 said:

I wonder if any high level exec's are on this blog watching us all devour any piece of info that we can find about this like the rabid dogs we are :D. No but seriously do you think anyone notable that knows the plans is keeping an eye on us?

Well I mean @DonHelbig is on KIC frequently enough that there's no doubt in my mind other folks that he works with and for have probably seen and heard of the KIC discussions. 

• Like 6

How can anybody be disappointed in a giga? SMH
While I am excited we are getting something new, and I'm excited that that something new is a Giga, I absolutely have the right to be somewhat disappointed or let down that it's not going to be as big or as tall or as fast as Fury. I'm sure most here, while also excited for this, are on some level a bit disappointed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Just another reference point that is mostly useless for us: Leviathan was having it's first footers poured in mid-July (14th-ish) of 2011. They at least had a generic sign up talking about building something new, but nothing in terms of theming or what was being built. Teasers started a couple weeks later, on or around July 28th. Station supports were in the parking lot around August 7th. The official reveal was the morning of August 18th. It's worth noting that they had their WindSeeker opening that season and it opened late, for some reason.

I could see teasers starting today, or a month from today. Going by the Leviathan timeline, it would be very soon, within the next week since footers have been in for several days. Also, July 20th is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, and a Saturday, so maybe they would start then with space exploration being a hot topic of conversation that day.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

Your right, at least we are gettin something new. Had a lot of people do the same for Mystic Timbers and it turned out pretty good I’d say. 

I think Mystic is the best ride in the park, but that's my opinion.

• Like 4

Just now, teenageninja said:

bEcAuSe ItS nOt A gIgA - Some teenager who didn't get to experience KI installing such great rides like Invertigo, Backlot, and TR:TR.

Preach it! KI has gone long enough with the paramount years of crappy ( in some eyes) additions. Thank you Cedar Fair for putting Ki back on the map!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Paramount added some great rides towards the beginning of their ownership. Flight of Fear comes to mind first. 

I will agree with that as well as keeping Phantom Theater going for so long.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Paramount added some great rides towards the beginning of their ownership. Flight of Fear comes to mind first. 

I agree, and I felt like the park was more diverse in what it offered back then. It definitely has a lot of great coasters now, but I miss having things like shows in the Action Theater and Tomb Raider:The Ride to break it up a little bit. FoF is still the best themed ride in the park, and still a good ride. Delirium is great, Drop Tower is good. If only they hadn't missed so big on Son of Beast... I can only dream of a KI that has an RMC'd SOB, Beast, Diamondback, and 2020 giga.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic