Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 hours ago, fryoj said:

Paramount was trying to do more of the Disney thing than the CP thing. Theme park over amusement park. They just didn't have the budget and the the ability to do year round operations for that to work. That being said, Paramount added 5 coasters to the park. As of right now, CF has added 4. During the Paramount Era, CP also added 5 coasters, only 2 of which were B&M. If SOB hadn't been so poorly built and was still here to be RMC'ed today, I think the Paramount era is looked at differently. 

I remember when Paramount basically stated this.  They also stated that they were focusing on family-oriented rides and missed the fact that regional parks like KI probably have a higher reliance on rides that drive attendance, which is more thrill ride related.  Family rides augment the offering but I'm not sure that they drive attendance up significantly.  

I am so happy that Cedar Fair bought the Paramount parks.  They really cleaned up Kings Island, in my opinion, and they have added some major rides on a consistent enough basis to keep the park fresh and fun.  This giga (near enough if we're right on the height) continues that trend.  The current guesses look like great ride experiences and I am pretty excited for 2020.  Now, if only the rain would cut back some so that I can get back to my weekly visits.    

• Like 11

On 5/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, Maddog said:

Someone asked about the lift lights a few pages back (sorry this is a very active thread), and where I came to the conclusion of stream/chaser lights possibly like Valravn, see highlighted section from lift electrical prints below, circuit LP-247B-7:

Lift Lights.png

Personally I'm glad this lift will look different in the skyline than Diamondback (the single point egress lights every so often don't really highlight the lift).

Digging this post up from 57 pages back (wow...) regarding lift lighting.  Besides the safety egress lighting (@Hawaiian Coasters 325), and the DMX base lighting (@thatguyfromohio) it appears we will also have chase lighting similar to Valravn.

• Like 6

It will be funny if they just name it... Giga.

I dont think they'll name it Polaris or Orion. Trademarked names so early dont really get used for name of ride the way I'm seeing it.

It's probably the name of the trains or nothing.

Speaking of rain, our local news said weve had rain 21 out of 23 weekends so far.  Weve been waiting 6 months so far for our master electrician to upgrade our house to 200a service... the rain is ridiculous here.

But, I've been to ki 3x this year so far rain or not... I don't care. 

Last saturday they blew a transformer around 3pm when first band of storms came in. Didn't effect anything I seen. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

It will be funny if they just name it... Giga.

I dont think they'll name it Polaris or Orion. Trademarked names so early dont really get used for name of ride the way I'm seeing it.

It's probably the name of the trains or nothing.

Speaking of rain, our local news said weve had rain 21 out of 23 weekends so far.  Weve been waiting 6 months so far for our master electrician to upgrade our house to 200a service... the rain is ridiculous here.

But, I've been to ki 3x this year so far rain or not... I don't care. 

Last saturday they blew a transformer around 3pm when first band of storms came in. Didn't effect anything I seen. 

‘Hangtime’ was filed in May 2017. ‘Copperhead Strike’ was registered in April 2018.  There’s not really a pattern suggesting when they’re gonna use trademarked names.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rifleman said:

its also possible that the gray is still primer gray, and they are simply waiting on the blue paint to cure before masking it off and painting the support.

They'd still have it inside if it still needed painting. Like the other person said. It doesn't need much time before you can mask it. That gray should be the support color. Honestly, with that blue, I think gray probably matches as well or better than any other color. Also, you'll never need to paint the supports.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

I’d say Mille is “The Hunk of Junk” and KIs will be “The Better Blue Coaster” emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where I have to disagree. MF set the bar man. Its the OG giga coaster and will forever be a classic. Forever a top 5 for me no doubt.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Idk... this may be a dumb question with me just being clueless, but are these blacker looking supports painted?

Edit: Since there is no shine, I do not think they have been painted yet...

21AC94A5-2E8F-451C-B0E7-B1C9DAB485A8.png

Sorry for double post..

No those are not painted. There are no dumb questions!!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Sorry for double post..

No those are not painted. There are no dumb questions!!

Thanks for the reply! That is what I was initially thinking honestly, but I found it odd that these pieces were completely rusted black when the other supports around them were just brown and grey.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Thanks for the reply! That is what I was initially thinking honestly, but I found it odd that these pieces were completely rusted black when the other supports around them were just brown and gray.

I think they "baked" them too long and they are burnt haha

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic