Decoding 2020

fryoj

^ why would they not? I’m fairly certain we’ve seen them manufacture track for China before. It’s no different than Mack charging a premium to have their stuff built here as it’s done overseas.

• Like 4

B&M manufactures all of their rollercoasters at Clermont Steel Fabricators, and if that grey track is all ready to go, I am certain it is for Hershey as the color matches up perfectly with the animation. Also, while I do believe our supports will be grey, I think it will be a lighter, shinier shade of grey according the partial support attached to the blue track.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Gray supports look the exact same as pic of HP coaster. I won't call it Candymonium because that is by far the dumbest name for a coaster.

That is the name that seems most likely at the moment, and I agree, it sounds like a Six Flags name for a giant frisbee... sorry for the double post!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

^ why would they not? I’m fairly certain we’ve seen them manufacture track for China before. It’s no different than Mack charging a premium to have their stuff built here as it’s done overseas.

I can't recall where I read they use a plant in Europe for installations outside of the America's. Who knows.... I can't  find my source on that but I could of possibly been reading about another company haha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That is the name that seems most likely at the moment, and I agree, it sounds like a Six Flags name for a giant frisbee... sorry for the double post!

Could go with “Hershyparks CraaazzzyCoaster”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Gray supports look the exact same as pic of HP coaster. I won't call it Candymonium because that is by far the dumbest name for a coaster.

@KevM86 Look at the last pic in the new set of pcs by @Captain Nemo

Its at the top of the very last pic.

@THE_BEASTmaster They wouldn't use CSF for a coaster in China.

CSF has fabricated several coasters bound for China in the past few years.  Notable is the bright yellow track that sat there a couple of years ago - it went somewhere in China.

Edit:  Actually, it was last year for the yellow track.  It was yellow wing coaster track that ultimately went to the Happy Valley park in Beijing.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

CSF has fabricated several coasters bound for China in the past few years.  Notable is the bright yellow track that sat there a couple of years ago - it went somewhere in China.

Edit:  Actually, it was last year for the yellow track.  It was yellow wing coaster track that ultimately went to the Happy Valley park in Beijing.

Like I said above. I must of been reading about another company. I can't locate the article I was reading. The wing coaster at Happy Valley a lime greenish color as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Good afternoon good people. 

Here are additional photos from yesterdays flight. If there are any areas you want a closer look at please reply to this message and I'll zoom into my raw files :)

I added some different perspectives and some shots of the finished supports at the fabrication plant. 

Does anyone in shot 7 know what the purple track is?

-Captain Nemo (Gabriel)

DSC_5261.JPGDSC_5369.JPGDSC_5389.JPGDSC_5394.JPGDSC_5429.JPGDSC_5453.JPGDSC_5474.JPG

Let's see how close your zoom can go. Are you able to read anything in the white wordings on these steel sheets from any of your pics?

I expect it'll say what thickness, grade of steel, where it's from, etc. Just curious what kind of information is on there. Thanks!

AE68EBBE-C043-4877-85D9-016AB2738087.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Good afternoon good people. 

Here are additional photos from yesterdays flight. If there are any areas you want a closer look at please reply to this message and I'll zoom into my raw files :)

I added some different perspectives and some shots of the finished supports at the fabrication plant. 

Does anyone in shot 7 know what the purple track is?

-Captain Nemo (Gabriel)

DSC_5261.JPGDSC_5369.JPGDSC_5389.JPGDSC_5394.JPGDSC_5429.JPGDSC_5453.JPGDSC_5474.JPG

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I am thinking this track is for Mako @ SeaWorld San Diego. Based on the color and the rendering they released.

No clue what the purple track could be though.....

3 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Could the purple track be for Happy Valley’s unknown wing coaster?

https://rcdb.com/15667.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found some interesting similarities between yesterday's overhead images and what's currently on Google Maps. Based on what I'm seeing now, I don't think those pieces are for the new Mako, and I don't think the purple piece is for anything new, either.

I have no idea when these Google images were taken, but there appears to be a lot of purple and yellow track pieces in the front parking lot, so perhaps someone could narrow down the time frame. That purple in the front parking lot looks like the same purple piece in the rear lot. That same purple piece in yesterday's image (and pile of curved tubes next to it) circled in red is the same and unmoved compared to Google's older image. 

Also, the 'Mako' track and several piles of junk near it (circled in yellow) all appears to be the same and unmoved in yesterday's image versus Google's older image. The color of the track appears to be off a bit, but they're laying exactly the same way, same shape, same support mounts. They gotta be the same. 

I don't think either of these track pieces are new. Guessing they're just scrapped pieces for some reason. 

D8BF702F-4A86-47B4-B127-6E31A9CA4764.png

6309F257-01F9-414B-B319-74FD0E1E8A93.jpeg

8E34E405-5D23-40A2-A76A-A0916F735042.jpeg

44FCE51A-E6A4-47DF-9261-758EC6E0FCEC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah could be scrapped pieces. Now if this is the only plant that makes track for B&M..... Where is the Mako track? Maybe they will make the track for that after our giga? Since Busch parks open coasters mid season lol

I can't think or any purple tracked B&M coasters? I think Banshee but it doesn't look the same to me. Also google map image over head the factory is a 2019 image!!! Maybe that yellow we see isn't really yellow and is greensish and SWSD already has the track on site.

• Like 3

Count me in the those pieces are scrap camp. With the amount of track they make, theres going to be screw ups. Maybe they got dropped. Or hell, maybe someone forgot to hit "next" on the super C&C machine(or whatever cuts the steel) and they made duplicates. Either way, if they were going to be sent out, they wouldn't be buried. 

• Like 4

I agree those definitely look like they have been set out of the way for a while. The light blue track you can see tall grasses growing around it. The purple piece is in a terrible place to start stacking new track. Probably just a screw up.

I think all the rust pieces on the side of the building are ours. I’m counting 40 plus pieces in that area.

I’m a little surprised we haven’t seen the Hershey pieces being moved yet. They are well along on their footers so I’m not sure what the delay is.

• Like 6

On 6/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, aj74205 said:

The Bat and Vortex are not clones in the same sense that Bizarro and Scream are not clones. The Bat was 100% a clone of Vortex placed onto KI terrain. Top Gun (The Bat) was built in 1993, Vortex in 1991. Kings Island's sister park at the time (Paramount's Great America) also got a Top Gun coaster in 1993 which is low key one of the best B&M inverts ever built. It's interesting to ponder how things would have shaken out if KI got a custom B&M invert during that era. 

Also, let me echo the thanks to @Captain Nemo for some amazing pics! It's good to see the progress at CSF, it looks like they've gotten up to the drop now. I have mixed feelings about such a similar color scheme to Millennium Force, but it'll be slightly brighter and I'm sure look amazing on the skyline.

The Bat.png

Great picture showing the comparison! To me, Bat looks like a “tighter” version of Vortex (as the latter seems more drawn out). Wonder which is more intense?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Great picture showing the comparison! To me, Bat looks like a “tighter” version of Vortex (as the latter seems more drawn out). Wonder which is more intense?

The layouts are the same, so really the ride experience is very similar. I liked going over the water with Vortex (haven't ridden since Yukon Striker) but The Bat feels faster because there are so many mature trees all around, there's near misses almost the whole time.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well according to this Instagram post today, some pieces were delivered to Hershey

Good to see track on site at Hershey, it's looked ready to ship out for a while. 

• Like 1

Vortex at CW also has 6 car trains where as The Bat at KI has 7 which might differentiate the experiences.
Vortex at CW also has smaller wheels on its trains compared to Our Bat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Thanks- @aj74205 for the comparison!  I find it interesting that the turnaround helix on both rides ended up interacting closely with other rides.  On Top Gun, that train flew so close to Son of Beast.  It was always fun to watch!  Obviously, Yukon Striker has a tunnel under that same helix on Vortex.

Edit: To add to the confusion about the differences between Bat and Vortex, RCDB.com has a picture of Vortex's plate which lists a recommended speed of 100 km/h which converts to 62 mph.  RCDB says Vortex's speed is 55 mph, so ????  I'm guessing the speeds were actually measured at some point since they are less than the speed listed on the ride plate.  I can see how speed would be variable depending on what conditions they were measured under.  Weather can play a big factor, along with beginning/end of season. 

I'm wondering if the differences in length are simply a mistake.  These rides were pre-internet so I'm sure accurate information was hard to come by for RCDB.  Now, all they have to do is copy the announcement information.  (I have a great appreciation for this website though!) 

• malem locked this topic