Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well according to this Instagram post today, some pieces were delivered to Hershey

Screenshot_20190620-214102.png

just a thought here if that is the hershy track on site, then those supports behind it are definitely for it too, and they're a much more white grey than the dark ones we were talking about, so i'm still on board with the dark grey ones being either primer or finished for KI

On 6/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, thatguyfromohio said:

9154cb65c2b949967d8501f7ad5328f3.jpg
Possibly. Same 2 lower colors. Track blue, support gray like this building. That’s our teaser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call! 

I'm still banking on seeing teasers after July 7th.  End of Carnivale and Gold goes away the same day. As in years past, I'm sure the announcement will come along with sales starting for 2020 season passes.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2019 at 3:02 PM, Captain Nemo said:

On 6/19/2019 at 3:02 PM, Captain Nemo said:

Here are photos from today's flight over the construction site and the steel fab site. Took at least 400 photos, here are a snippit of them.

Enjoy,

-Captain Nemo (Gabriel) 

DSC_5467.JPG

Screenshot_20190620-214102.thumb.png.e7757cfe15f21f43057960ba31c2a21b.png

I think I know what happened here:

B&M: Yo Hershey, you like this color for your supports?

HP: Yea

B&M: Yo KI, you like this color for your supports?

KI: Yea

B&M: Yes, hello? Can we just double that order of gray paint?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Joshua said:

So where exactly is the queue for this going? 

Going here. Red outline is for the main queue, and the green outline is either single-rider or Fast Lane/Pass/whatever it's called. Both queues will pass thru the quonset hut. The main queue has multiple misty fans and FUN TVs (seriously, it's in the blueprints). 

queue.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

it looks like it is going to be used as an overflow queue for FOF

I wonder if they're assuming that FOF's ridership will skyrocket simply via proximity or if Firehawk's former queue will be overflow for the new ride until things die down?

Fun fact: FOF's "pre-shows" were designed to only be heard once. There are two: the radio programs that played outside and the video inside. In theory, with four trains running at full capacity, riders would be moved along quickly enough to hear the outdoor recordings once and see the video once before entering the saucer. Not that the ride ever ran with four trains, moved that efficiently, or had that much up time at the outset...

@BSBMX - am I interpreting the above drawings correctly in that the exit path of Project X will lead to the Firehawk queue stairs (which used to lead you down and to one of the stations)?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@BSBMX that information on the plate will show the steel type, thickness, batch number, probably some other information.  

Source: I work for a company that uses a ton of sheet metal.

As for reusing the old Firehawk queue.  The capacity of this thing would eat through that queue in like 30 seconds.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

I wonder if they're assuming that FOF's ridership will skyrocket simply via proximity or if Firehawk's former queue will be overflow for the new ride until things die down?

Fun fact: FOF's "pre-shows" were designed to only be heard once. There are two: the radio programs that played outside and the video inside. In theory, with four trains running at full capacity, riders would be moved along quickly enough to hear the outdoor recordings once and see the video once before entering the saucer. Not that the ride ever ran with four trains, moved that efficiently, or had that much up time at the outset...

@BSBMX - am I interpreting the above drawings correctly in that the exit path of Project X will lead to the Firehawk queue stairs (which used to lead you down and to one of the stations)?

If you go back and look at @Captain Nemo's photos on the last page.  It appears that the steps are staying, but that they might be putting in some footings for a bridge or deck.  Otherwise, I'm not seeing anyway of getting handicapped to and from the ride with the steps on the entrance and exit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

My theory is that we are going to see a full retheme of FoF and Xbase in general. This would explain why the que is getting an overflow section. It would also explain the trademark of both Polaris and Orion. Also the large Xbase sign was removed recently.

I think I could get on board with this. It will be sad to see the FoF name go away unless they name it like "Orion - Flight of Fear" or "Polaris - Flight of Fear" that would be cool too. I like your theory though!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

@BSBMX that information on the plate will show the steel type, thickness, batch number, probably some other information.  

Source: I work for a company that uses a ton of sheet metal.

As for reusing the old Firehawk queue.  The capacity of this thing would eat through that queue in like 30 seconds.

That's what I figured, I just want to see if the zoom is good enough to actually show what it says.

36 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

30 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

If you go back and look at @Captain Nemo's photos on the last page.  It appears that the steps are staying, but that they might be putting in some footings for a bridge or deck.  Otherwise, I'm not seeing anyway of getting handicapped to and from the ride with the steps on the entrance and exit.

Yes the existing steps will remain, but they're not for the exit of the new coaster's exit. Instead, they lead to the maintenance area of the new coaster (my image below doesn't fully show it, but the path with steps leads directly to the maintenance steps coming from the coaster's station). 

The foundation wall (in yellow below) is a bit misleading, but the exit path will go right over it while remaining fairly level (for wheelchairs). Note how the entrance queue go right over the foundation wall as well. This is just a sub-surface retaining wall I'm guessing. 

area.jpg

• Like 3

Could this be our first teasers? I have no idea but this was on fye coasters and it ask does anybody know what this is from? Source-https://www.instagram.com/p/By-SVpvB65v/?igshid=x31s2s721ove

DB322ADB-E893-4CB6-AEBA-451838D53D6E.thumb.png.18fb0783cf4ebe337b4f920523a0fd5a.png

FYE Coasters does this every Friday. It’s just a fun guessing game and the answers right now are Soak City hence the Danger: Chlorine sign. Not everything is going to be a teaser. Have patience, the park will start doing them soon.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

Thanks! I see it now. Trying to envision how the crew will change out all the trash cans using those stairs. I imagine all trash will have to be bertha'd away to the nearest food stand, and then the next closest when the first food stand is already backed up with weeks of un-emptied dumpsters and decaying ice cream. Big if true. 

59 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Yes the existing steps will remain, but they're not for the exit of the new coaster's exit. Instead, they lead to the maintenance area of the new coaster (my image below doesn't fully show it, but the path with steps leads directly to the maintenance steps coming from the coaster's station). 

The foundation wall (in yellow below) is a bit misleading, but the exit path will go right over it while remaining fairly level (for wheelchairs). Note how the entrance queue go right over the foundation wall as well. This is just a sub-surface retaining wall I'm guessing. 

Thanks for the clarification and insight, the wall was definitely throwing me off. Appreciate it! 

• Like 1

Looking at my own set of blueprints, the black dots on the lift are the egress lighting. Are the black dashes line lighting a la Fury? At first I thought it was the chain but this print shows electrical detail for the lift.

4C0EE775-E0CF-4A2C-938C-C2B8F8B47732.jpeg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

From the blue prints that queue is going to be used for Flight of Fear.

Just seems like a lot to add to FoF que line. Why would they add all of it? Does it really need to be added? I hate seeing coasters with large areas of unused que like. haha

Also if I am seeing things right the blue prints for the current FoF que are wrong. Some of the que lines are going in the wrong direction. When you get to the lines to the right of the UFO  ( when facing UFO) they are wrong lol BLUE PRINTS ARE FAKE !!! haha ^_^

area.jpg.88a3178cf801d6707c5e8bbdaf3ace47.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Just seems like a lot to add to FoF que line. Why would they add all of it? Does it really need to be added? I hate seeing coasters with large areas of unused que like. haha

Firehawk’s queue will be tied to the Flight of Fear queue. You will enter the giga’s queue through the Firehawk photo booth. Why waste two perfectly good structures?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KIghostguy said:

Firehawk’s queue will be tied to the Flight of Fear queue. You will enter the giga’s queue through the Firehawk photo booth. Why waste two perfectly good structures?

I am not saying waste them. I am saying why not use for new coaster and why does  FoF need anything more. Not waste, I am not sure where you got that?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am not saying waste them. I am saying why not use for new coaster and why does  FoF need anything more. Not waste, I am not sure where you got that?

My guess is that this new ride (like a lot of B&M's) is going to be a "people eater." Even in slow operation, it's going to move a linn relatively quickly. There may be a few weeks/months where temporary queues are needed ala Diamondback 2009, but just via proximity—Flight of Fear is probably going to see an uptick in interest/ridership. Unlike a reliable B&M ride with three trains that can each seat 32 riders, Flight of Fear's two small trains don't move people as quickly. It may need the additional space of Firehawk's queue for a season or two to handle crowds in that area. 

Like Dominion, KI should add a third train to FoF, but that was a losing battle years ago. 

• Like 6

Looking at my own set of blueprints, the black dots on the lift are the egress lighting. Are the black dashes line lighting a la Fury? At first I thought it was the chain but this print shows electrical detail for the lift.
4C0EE775-E0CF-4A2C-938C-C2B8F8B47732.thumb.jpeg.605a06e0edf3920088f8e218443bacd0.jpeg

The lines are arrows linking them, stating that they’ll be sharing the same power source.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late to the party today. I got a new phone finally! Anyways, according to the blueprints, it looks like there will be no gift shop at the exit. I wonder where they'll sell the merch for this coaster since there aren't really any gift shops nearby and with this coaster being this big, I'm sure they'll want to sell merch for it. 

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic