Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

You realize they could build it on a platform right?  Doesn't have to be at ground level.

The question is why do that when you can find level ground. I do realize that. just seems like extra cost that is not needed. They really could just put in in front of the wall there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Let's see how close your zoom can go. Are you able to read anything in the white wordings on these steel sheets from any of your pics?

I expect it'll say what thickness, grade of steel, where it's from, etc. Just curious what kind of information is on there. Thanks!

AE68EBBE-C043-4877-85D9-016AB2738087.jpeg

Hello BSBMX, The text is illegible.

-Captain Nemo

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Also I see this has doors? circled in red. You can see its a door because its the same as the doors on the FoF que?

area.jpg.88a3178cf801d6707c5e8bbdaf3ace47.jpg

That'd be a mighty fine place to outflow the ride's opening weekend crowds IMO.
Could even wrap it to the south and have the line be close to the ride's helix before its final turn :p
Otherwise, plenty of space northwest. Probably wouldn't want people on the access roads though. Could end up looking like when Firehawk opened too :p

• Like 3

Just seems like a lot to add to FoF que line. Why would they add all of it? Does it really need to be added? I hate seeing coasters with large areas of unused que like. haha

Also if I am seeing things right the blue prints for the current FoF que are wrong. Some of the que lines are going in the wrong direction. When you get to the lines to the right of the UFO  ( when facing UFO) they are wrong lol BLUE PRINTS ARE FAKE !!! haha
area.jpg.88a3178cf801d6707c5e8bbdaf3ace47.jpg.ea3bd59dd9c713b197a96d8aea276ef1.jpg

Maybe not as large as you might think. They could be planning to turn the inside of the Flight of Fear queue area into a haunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

No, they could reroute the Flight of Fear queue not use the that section of the line. I believe Kings Domion did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope that is not planned. They ruined KD's FOF when they did that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I would wanna say don't mess with that! The FoF que is one of my favs.

If there's one thing Paramount definitely had over CF, it's themeing. They had licenses to work with, of course, but the coasters definitely had better and more cohesive narratives than 'granny kicked up some moonshine and a bunch of convoluted nonsense has lead to the ride you're now experiencing, we paid twice as much for this as we did Maverick and it's half as good, here's a room with vaguely steampunk items - have fun!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Those "doors" at the entrance are just gates in the que railing, That symbol does not mean door, it just means a directional opening. I can't seem to figure out what that area is though or a reason for gates in both lines to access it. The sign will probably be on the entrance building.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

If there's one thing Paramount definitely had over CF, it's themeing. They had licenses to work with, of course, but the coasters definitely had better and more cohesive narratives than 'granny kicked up some moonshine and a bunch of convoluted nonsense has lead to the ride you're now experiencing, we paid twice as much for this as we did Maverick and it's half as good, here's a room with vaguely steampunk items - have fun!'

I will say that Maverick had the most theming at CP until Sv showed up. They are close to the same. If paramount would of built some bigger and better coasters with that theming it would been awesome! yet they add the ITL job haha Sorry for those that like ITL job. If you had the theming of FoF and Maverick was the coaster...…….WOW! mind blown lol

Steel Vengeance has themeing? Lol. I'd argue Maverick is still the better themed attraction given the queue, landscaping, rock formations and water features around the coaster. Or at least, those things make more of an impact than with Steel Vengeance regardless of the story they cooked up. Paramount showed you themeing in practice that you didn't have to watch a video online to decipher.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I will say that Maverick had the most theming at CP until Sv showed up. They are close to the same. If paramount would of built some bigger and better coasters with that theming it would been awesome! yet they add the ITL job haha Sorry for those that like ITL job. If you had the theming of FoF and Maverick was the coaster...…….WOW! mind blown lol

I would say Maverick has way more with the rock work, water canons and queue house.

• Like 3

Steel Vengeance has themeing? Lol. I'd argue Maverick is still the better themed attraction given the queue, landscaping, rock formations and water features around the coaster. Or at least, those things make more of an impact than with Steel Vengeance regardless of the story they cooked up. Paramount showed you themeing in practice that you didn't have to watch a video online to decipher.
But with Paramount/Viacom/CBS, if you wanted to "get" the theme of many of their coasters, you'd have to have basic knowledge of a movie that was several years old at the time the coaster was introduced.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

Jinx, lol. 

I think you mean.. Joker’s Jinx... :P

Also, if we got to go through Chaos to get to the Giga, that would be so awesome! I loved getting to see Slaughter House/going through the old Tomb Raider building on Mystic Timbers’ Preview Night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aj74205 said:

If there's one thing Paramount definitely had over CF, it's themeing. 

Nothing says “frontier Ohio settlement” like Tomb Raider...or “African village” like Top Gun...or “turn of the century amusement park” like The Italian Job.

Better theming? Please.

They were very good at making thematic messes.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Nothing says “frontier Ohio settlement” like Tomb Raider...or “African village” like Top Gun...or “turn of the century amusement park” like The Italian Job.

Better theming? Please.

They were very good at making thematic messes.

Does anyone know what Top gun was originally supposed to be themed to?

• malem locked this topic