Decoding 2020

fryoj

Worse* lol I mean at least us on the Intamin side know English. :P

I beg to differ though. I think anytime we bring up . All you B&Mer's ram it down our throats about any little thing lol It's like that's cool I didn't ask about that. Sigh

• Haha 2

I mean what is the difference between what you said and a response for it? I mean your comment could be considered annoying as well??? I mean go figure a B&M fanboy thinking they are god! :D:P

It's all in good fun haha. If we could all just understand we all have our own opinions.

I am also not trying to start into this debate again so relax all!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean, what is the difference between what you said and a response for it? I mean, your comment could be considered annoying as well??? I mean, go figure an Intamin fanboy thinking they are God! :D:P

It's all in good fun haha. If we could all just understand we all have our own opinions.

I fixed it for you. 

This is quite fun!

• Haha 1

^Just saying if we choose to vote one of you off the island, I think we’re gonna keep the one that flies in the spy plane lmao

Back to the topic at hand, I think is this is a good point to reiterate how different B&M and Intamin gigas are. I’ve heard quite a few concerns that this new coaster will be just like Mille and there’s no point to building it when CP is “right there.” If you’ve ridden any combination of an Intamin giga and a B&M giga, it’s clear to see how different they actually are. The Intamins seem more focused on positives and low to the ground speed while the B&Ms, though also focusing on speed, put more attention into airtime and lats. I personally prefer that latter much more as I love airtime. Fury is an incredible ride, and if our giga rides anything like fury (which I’m sure it will), it will be nothing like Mille.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

^ This was actually something I talked about with a friend recently. KI's Giga had to be different from 3 different rides while still being great and unique. You don't want it to just be a carbon copy of Fury so you can't make the new ride just like it, even though Fury is an outstanding ride. You can't have it be super close to MF because of it's proximity and you want people to attend both parks. But you also can't have it be too airtime focused otherwise the GP will think its just larger Diamondback and then your attendance doesn't get the increase you want.

While you can complain about length, which no shortage of people are doing, I personally was extremely impressed with how B&M made this project different enough from all 3 while still making what seems to be a potentially top 10-15 ride. Going to be a very fun season next year and hopefully we see a really nice boost in attendance and maintain that so CF continues to see us as a park they can grow. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^Just saying if we choose to vote one of you off the island, I think we’re gonna keep the one that flies in the spy plane lmao

Back to the topic at hand, I think is this is a good point to reiterate how different B&M and Intamin gigas are. I’ve heard quite a few concerns that this new coaster will be just like Mille and there’s no point to building it when CP is “right there.” If you’ve ridden any combination of an Intamin giga and a B&M giga, it’s clear to see how different they actually are. The Intamins seem more focused on positives and low to the ground speed while the B&Ms, though also focusing on speed, put more attention into airtime and lats. I personally prefer that latter much more as I love airtime. Fury is an incredible ride, and if our giga rides anything like fury (which I’m sure it will), it will be nothing like Mille.

Psht voting off the island....such a B&M thing to say! haha I know it all in good fun.

Now between Fury and MF they are both great in their own ways. Such is every other coater lol Well unless its Vekoma. haha I don't hate on B&M for real. Really its to get under  the fanboys skin when they try to talk crap to me just because I prefer one over the other lol

Afterburn is amazing as is Fury. Carowinds def has my favorite B&M's.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I'm not sure If I could handle that...that sounds brutal as hell, especially for something that will be over in a minute or two

Anyone recall the days when Vortex and Beast both would have 3 hour waits? 

20 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

^Would you say something like a 4 hour wait is going to be a common scenario for this thing? This is the first time I've ever followed a new attraction like this so I don't really know what it's going to be like. I know by 2018, Mystic Timbers lines didn't seem that bad at all, no idea what they were like year one though.

No. The difference between 2020 and past ride openings is theres a lot more ride capacity than in the past. If the line for the new coaster is too long, you still have DB, Banshee, MT, Etc, Etc, to ride. The first few weekends will be crazy as people will be making trips to be one of the first. But by the time they hit daily ops, 2 hour waits will be rare. 

5 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I am poking a stick in a hornet's nest, but I feel Intamin fanboys are worse than B&M fanboys, in terms of being annoying....:ph34r:

I think that stems from the fact that there really aren't a lot of true B&M fan boys. You just have a lot of people that recognize that parks are going to buy a quality ride that will last a long time and rarely break down over a ride that you can just about guarantee will make your customers sit in line not moving for hours since it's broke down again. 

Eventually though, the Intamin fan boys will disappear though as parks are just going to stop building them. The current Hagrid mess is more of the same. Great ride, but they can't keep it open. 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

No, how about a Michigan Wolverines themed coaster and area! 

Not sure how the GP would respond to a coaster that is hyped through the roof, starts fast on some bunny hills, but breaks down consistently before the end. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I hope they do a great trailer video for the coaster, Banshee was the best one I have ever seen.

The year following, Fury 325’s announcement video was also pretty cool! Unfortunately, every Cedar Fair announcement video after Fury 325 has been meh... I used to look forward to watching those every year!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

^Would you say something like a 4 hour wait is going to be a common scenario for this thing? This is the first time I've ever followed a new attraction like this so I don't really know what it's going to be like. I know by 2018, Mystic Timbers lines didn't seem that bad at all, no idea what they were like year one though.

IIRC, Mystic’s first year would have hour/hour and a half waits (I think?). I know that outside of Preview Night (2.5 hour wait- it was totally worth it!), I’d waited as far away as the first switchback shed and as close as the switchbacks near the ride’s actual shed (or somewhere around there). Project X will be hard to tell as it will be really popular (I think), but also a people eater. While writing this, I’m recalling my first time riding Banshee (it was early in the 2014 season, I think around May or June) and being surprised that the line moved so quickly. Heck, I even rode 2 or 3 more times that day!

Also, re: B&M vs. Intamin, I find that both manufacturers can make intense or not as intense (aka “forceless”) coasters. Just look at Rougarou vs. Millennium Force or Maverick vs. GateKeeper.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Talking about the person who claimed about track being on site, he was very likely just someone trolling trying to get attention. 

Yeah, I didn’t see anything either just now. 

16 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Talking about the person who claimed about track being on site, he was very likely just someone trolling trying to get attention. 

Yeah , if I’m correct they haven’t even started painting the lift pieces yet . And there is no point of having track pieces there when not all the pieces are painted.

• Like 1

Not sure how the GP would respond to a coaster that is hyped through the roof, starts fast on some bunny hills, but breaks down consistently before the end. 

Well i don’t wanna keep this dragging on but I can promise you I won’t fade out and I love Intamin. They arnt just gonna go poof and all their coasters are gone. Haha It it what it is moving on....

To the person who says they saw track on site. He is just trolling us. Well trying to troll. With all the coverage we have on here someone would have seen it and shared. They are looking to cause a stir.

• Like 2

I know this is off subject but where is the best place to stay up at KI? For years we’d stay at the KI Inn, I know it got nasty. We’d stay there for  nostalgia, shuttle and it had a bar. So where is a good place with those assets? Please don’t say Great Wolf....I’m not paying that kind of money to go drink and have a good time at Halloween Haunt.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic