Decoding 2020

fryoj

I know this is off subject but where is the best place to stay up at KI? For years we’d stay at the KI Inn, I know it got nasty. We’d stay there for  nostalgia, shuttle and it had a bar. So where is a good place with those assets? Please don’t say Great Wolf....I’m not paying that kind of money to go drink and have a good time at Halloween Haunt.

The new tru hotel looks just like breakers inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Talking about the person who claimed about track being on site, he was very likely just someone trolling trying to get attention. 

The track isn't Blue and Gray, so it was obviously made up anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

If it was real, he probably saw a piece of the blue track with a small grey support on it

Except he says the top is blue and the bottom is silver. He's playing off the pics that had the sky reflecting making the bottom look silver. People jumped to conclusions off that one pic and haven't kept up with the newer pics. There's no "if" to this. The guy made it up. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

The park would never have track onsite before vertical construction anyways!

Ummm.... yes they would...  not saying they do at present... but Face/Off (Invertigo) and Rugrats (Flying Ace) were stored in the parking lot before vertical construction began.  See below.

Also, Tomb Raider was stored in the picnic grove before vertical construction began.  Drop Zone (Tower) was also stored in the parking lot ahead of vertical construction.

FO9.jpg

Runaway Reptar (8).jpg

• Like 5

In regards to the Wolverines theme.   I mean they kinda are building a coaster that's going to let down a bunch of people that guaranteed this was the year we were getting the number 1 coaster.  So I guess they could make that theme work. Just dont put a goal line before the brake run.  It will never complete a circut.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

If it was real, he probably saw a piece of the blue track with a small grey support on it

Bear with me because I wasn’t able to download my photos from CSF on to my computer yet, however this is the picture I got of the support color. The support is indeed a very light gray / white color. Any other silver or gray structure is indeed the Hershey bar wrapper colored Hershey hyper supports. 9061FD8C-EB9E-44CE-BB53-09691AE20AE0.jpeg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

It was sad seeing SoB just sit there not in use for those years before it was torn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunately for me as it was, the SBNO period of Son of Beast was when I fell out of the roller coaster fandom for a while. I got to ride that coaster in all of its iterations, and always enjoyed it. Started back into coasters again after it was already torn down. That was an awesome experience, but I'll side with the folks who say it would beat you up. I was only into the idea of one lap on that ride anytime I went. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Ummm.... yes they would...  not saying they do at present... but Face/Off (Invertigo) and Rugrats (Flying Ace) were stored in the parking lot before vertical construction began.  See below.

Also, Tomb Raider was stored in the picnic grove before vertical construction began.  Drop Zone (Tower) was also stored in the parking lot ahead of vertical construction.

FO9.jpg

Runaway Reptar (8).jpg

That is true, but I think that was more of a Paramount trend, storing the coaster’s track before going vertical. And Firehawk was in the parking lot because it was relocated and had to be installed immediately. I think with any new roller coaster, Kings Island is not going to store the track inside park boundaries.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That is true, but I think that was more of a Paramount trend, storing the coaster’s track before going vertical. And Firehawk was in the parking lot because it was relocated and had to be installed immediately. I think with any new roller coaster, Kings Island is not going to store the track inside park boundaries.

I 100% disagree with this.  

They are going to begin shipping stuff in the not too distant future.  They don't have an abudance of space at CSF.  There are plenty of places in the park that track could be stored and hidden.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

I 100% disagree with this.  

They are going to begin shipping stuff in the not too distant future.  They don't have an abudance of space at CSF.  There are plenty of places in the park that track could be stored and hidden.

I still don’t think we will see a single piece of track at Kings Island until after the announcement. With Diamondback and Banshee, did the track ever show up at the park before they were announced? That should give us a pretty good idea of what to expect.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I still don’t think we will see a single piece of track at Kings Island until after the announcement. With Diamondback and Banshee, did the track ever show up at the park before they were announced? That should give us a good idea of what to expect.

This may not mean anything, but a piece of Fury was placed inside of CW for the announcement. They might do something similar with this coaster. 

EDIT: specifically, it was this piece below. If you go back thru the speculation thread for Fury, this piece appeared on webcam a few days prior to the announcement and was placed inside the park (image is from Carowinds Connection's construction album).

fury.jpg

The KIga equivalent of this piece has already been produced and painted, seen in the latest aerial images over CSF. This is a great piece to show off because it doesn't have any support mounts, so it'll sit relatively flat on the ground.

display.jpg

• Like 6

Track has a way of arriving on site before vertical construction. Parking lots are easy staging areas and it's super common to see track there, by no means was that Paramount thing. 

It's also commonplace for track to be on site before an announcement. I suppose the announcement could be announced at any time, lol. Things should heat up come July :P

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Doesn't Kings Island use that field behind Banshee as track staging, too?

I believe so. Kings Island has more space than most, so that's entirely possible. There's quite a few places giga track could be staged. I think ideally there's an initial wave of track/support shipment, vertical construction begins, and then there's a flow of shipments as construction continues so that there's not an inordinate amount of space needed to stage track.

• Like 3

The less time they have to handle track, the cheaper its going to cost them in the long run.  Unless CSF runs our of room to store track on site, there is 0 reason to store track at KI.  You want it to come straight from CSF to the staging area so the crane in place can be used to pick it up off the truck and either directly on to the ground or directly into the air depending on how quickly they can move and install it as it comes in.  Its a waste of time and manpower to find a staging area at KI in the parking lot or deep in the woods, only to have to move it an additional time to the location that the crane will lift it up an install it on the ride.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic