Decoding 2020

fryoj

My thought also was if there's not a place that's concrete or asphalt to store the track, then you're going to have to clean the track sections before you put them in place to get the splashed mud and dirt off of them from rain, and you risk scratching the paint. The less moving, the less likely it is that something gets torn up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gordon Bombay said:

I love this thread. 

There is some great information in here. 

There's also some silliness. You guys are way overthinking the this whole notion of reasons as to when, where, and why the track would be moved/show up. 

Well, there's not much left to speculation anymore with having the entire blueprints.... might as well reach for something to speculate upon now. :D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, medford said:

The less time they have to handle track, the cheaper its going to cost them in the long run.  Unless CSF runs our of room to store track on site, there is 0 reason to store track at KI.  You want it to come straight from CSF to the staging area so the crane in place can be used to pick it up off the truck and either directly on to the ground or directly into the air depending on how quickly they can move and install it as it comes in.  Its a waste of time and manpower to find a staging area at KI in the parking lot or deep in the woods, only to have to move it an additional time to the location that the crane will lift it up an install it on the ride.

While all of this is true, it doesn't necessarily happen in practice that way. There's going to be at least some track staged, even if it's in the area of the Firehawk site the giga won't occupy (which is probably most likely to happen). 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

My thought also was if there's not a place that's concrete or asphalt to store the track, then you're going to have to clean the track sections before you put them in place to get the splashed mud and dirt off of them from rain, and you risk scratching the paint. The less moving, the less likely it is that something gets torn up. 

They touch up the paint anyway when the coaster is installed. So I don't think they are worried about mud and rain or  scratches. Coaster track has been staged for many many CF installation's .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Update. There’s no track pieces visible from the tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really didnt suspect there was at this point,  as I figured it would break here first.

Anyhow, I see alot of stuff about the coming coaster on facebook and this was the first time I have seen a claim of track being on site. I figured Id at least check here as I havent been to the park in a while.

Here is its, they are claiming there was a test video posted to the official Kings Island feed with an email open about coming attractions. It would appear that the said video is now gone as I can not find it. 

Cedar Fair season passholder page

23 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I really didnt suspect there was at this point,  as I figured it would break here first.

Anyhow, I see alot of stuff about the coming coaster on facebook and this was the first time I have seen a claim of track being on site. I figured Id at least check here as I havent been to the park in a while.

Here is its, they are claiming there was a test video posted to the official Kings Island feed with an email open about coming attractions. It would appear that the said video is now gone as I can not find it. 

Cedar Fair season passholder page

Link got deleted / is broken

44 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Just drove past CSF, grey Supports on a truck getting ready to be delivered to a park, they were not the the gray color on the piece of the giga track, slightly darker so most likely for Hershey 

There was track delivered to Hershey not too long ago, so it's likely they're delivering the supports needed for the track there.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

That is a lot closer to white than grey.  I like it, UK colors!

Talk about something being hyped up just to let the entire fanbase down...

I wonder if they will remove the coaster in 2021. You know, one and done.

9 hours ago, teenageninja said:

I 100% disagree with this.  

They are going to begin shipping stuff in the not too distant future.  They don't have an abudance of space at CSF.  There are plenty of places in the park that track could be stored and hidden.

No... The first we saw of Banshee was the storage shed. That was May 2013. No track or supports were delivered until August. After the the announcement. Nothing has changed that would make that timeline need to be different. Hershey track and supports are starting to leave CSF, freeing up room. 

9 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I still don’t think we will see a single piece of track at Kings Island until after the announcement. With Diamondback and Banshee, did the track ever show up at the park before they were announced? That should give us a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Diamondback was being built before the announcement IIRC, but all we had for Banshee was footers. 

8 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

You just put cribbing down to keep it from sitting directly on the ground. Right now at CSF they have painted track in gravel and grass areas. Mud splashing from rain does not scratch paint. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, fryoj said:

No... The first we saw of Banshee was the storage shed. That was May 2013. No track or supports were delivered until August. After the the announcement. Nothing has changed that would make that timeline need to be different. Hershey track and supports are starting to leave CSF, freeing up room. 

Diamondback was being built before the announcement IIRC, but all we had for Banshee was footers. 

You just put cribbing down to keep it from sitting directly on the ground. Right now at CSF they have painted track in gravel and grass areas. Mud splashing from rain does not scratch paint. 

Does this scratch paint?

814F644E-7291-4F0B-BF5F-BEFA9BAF1E11.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Does this scratch paint?

814F644E-7291-4F0B-BF5F-BEFA9BAF1E11.jpeg

I don't know about paint, but it'll sure ruin a pair of pants. We had a 70 ft tall light tower flip a crane once.... At least with that track piece they didn't have the boom extended, so it didn't fall far. 

• Like 2

^I mean personally I would care if I payed 30 million for something and it was covered in scratches, but that’s just me.

Plus, scratches can lead to cracks, and cracks can lead to material failure.

So to answer your question, it depends. A small surface scratch or two, no they won’t care. Some things you just can’t control. Scratches all over the coaster, or scratches that are a bit more than just surface abrasions, yes they will definitely care.

• Like 4

The park will probably make an announcement when they’re ready to sell 2020 season passes. They don’t need to make an announcement before the first track piece arrives or immediately after. The day the first track piece arrives will add to the excitement either way. I don’t think they’ll try to hide the track back behind Banshee. The easiest way to get the track to the site would be through the park. That service road under Banshee has a lot of hills to navigate. Not impossible but I think unlikely. So I think they’ll either stage it in the parking lot or take it straight back and store it on the unused portion of the Firehawk site.

• Like 2

I actually think at this point why even have an announcement?  The community has already done it for them.  Cheap advertising and in actuality anything they announce will no longer be a surprise and can only come to criticism.

"New for 2020, you know what it is, why tell you?" :)

(Heck, there's even been a POV made).  

• Like 3

^Those who expect no surprises are those that end up being the most surprised.

I’m not saying they’re gonna be like “lol the blueprints were fake we’re actually getting dive coaster” but there may be something that isn’t quite what you expect. (For example, look at MTs shed at the announcement. We knew the layout and everything, but we didn’t know what was in the shed [if you don’t like the shed, please, save us some time. We’ve heard it a million times]. If that’s not your cup of tea, check out DC Rivals back car. I’m not saying this coaster will definitely do something like this, I’m just saying don’t count it out yet)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fryoj said:

i get the UK joke in this... and its going to more like a world class legacy your going to have to endure for a lifeitme...

• Like 2

The park will make an announcement. If nothing else, because the cost to do so is next to nothing. All they have to do is wine and dine the local media and they’ll get “free” advertising. However, the amount of paid advertising that they do will be considerably less than say, 20 years ago, because of the power of social media.

• Like 2

Actually a chunk of the GP are buzzing about the project as well. Like there are always some GP up on the ET looking at the construction site and saying "that's where the new ride is going." Plus I'm sure a good chunk of them watch wcpo and saw the stuff John Matarese reported on. Like I ran into a few people once who came up on the tower to see the construction site because they saw the reports about it on the news.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, robintodd said:

I actually think at this point why even have an announcement?  The community has already done it for them.  Cheap advertising and in actuality anything they announce will no longer be a surprise and can only come to criticism.

"New for 2020, you know what it is, why tell you?" :)

(Heck, there's even been a POV made).  

Most of the GP don’t even know about this forum

• Like 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Actually a chunk of the GP are buzzing about the project as well. Like there are always some GP up on the ET looking at the construction site and saying "that's where the new ride is going." Plus I'm sure a good chunk of them watch wcpo and saw the stuff John Matarese reported on. Like I ran into a few people once who came up on the tower to see the construction site because they saw the reports about it on the news.

John Matarese isn’t wasting his money! By being ahead of the curve on this one, he’s getting all the clicks.

• Like 2

I couldn’t agree more, the GP do have at least some sense that the park is getting a massive rollercoaster next year. Going up the lift on The Racer or Banshee, you will hear people say “oh look, that is where the new rollercoaster will be” like @Hawaiian Coasters 325 said. I have even heard GP use the term “giga” to refer to it as. I guess John Materese is doing a good job!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I couldn’t agree more, the GP do have at least some sense that the park is getting a massive rollercoaster next year. Going up the lift on The Racer or Banshee, you will hear people say “oh look, that is where the new rollercoaster will be” like @Hawaiian Coasters 325 said. I have even heard GP use the term “giga” to refer to it as. I guess John Materese is doing a good job!

“Isn’t it The Beast unleashed?” Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 9:32 PM, befat said:

Log Flume. There is acid and chlorine behind that gate, (so don’t block it).

Hey, lol thanks for sharing this, its nothing important, this was taken from Timberwolf behind one of the gates for Congo, since no one is hardly back there we decided to be sneaky and see if someone could guess what/where this was from in the park since its an area thats hardly ever open. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, shadow9542 said:

Is this recreation accurate as to how the coaster is going to end up looking? If so, it is extremely impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CutYxw9W2xc

@DiamondBanshee was giving some constructive criticism on that video ^_^

If you're looking for the most accurate concept check out @DustinTheNow, his is more consistent with the blueprints.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

@DiamondBanshee was giving some constructive criticism on that video ^_^

If you're looking for the most accurate concept check out @DustinTheNow, his is more consistent with the blueprints.

Yeah, you are probably right. Honestly Duffy probably started that model before the electrical blueprints leaked and was just going off the original leak where element heights and H/L points were not clear. I’ll credit them for a job well done with scenery and the graphic on the train looks sick! The only thing that was bothersome is they called it “THE MOST ACCURATE” at one point, which of course isn’t true lol. They later took that off and that’s cool.

In other news, I got the chance to experience Leviathan today. It is ABSOLUTELY wonderful. Never did I think to compare it to fury on an element by element basis.. for example, when you are screaming down that drop, I’m not griping how it’s only 306 ft instead of 325 ft! I’m having a heck of a time! I am confident that this new coaster, not only will be better then Leviathan, but it will be one of the best rides in the world. I have no doubt in the next 5 years it will be in the top 5-10 on Amusement Today’s Golden Ticket awards Steel coaster list. 

Get ready KI fam! We are getting a wild ride! 

• Like 9

• malem locked this topic