Decoding 2020

fryoj

33 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^WE DEMAND PHOTOS!!!!1! DELIVER ON YOUR CLAIMS OR YOU’LL BE BANNED FROM KICentral FOREVER!!!!!

Just to clarify, yes I am being sarcastic.

At this point I honestly don’t care to see more track/structures of the same blue color that we’ve seen a million times already. The main thing I’m waiting for now are some teasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. At this point we know the colors. I'd look at more pics, but theres nothing more we are going to learn from CSF. Personally I don't even think teasers matter at this point. Outside of the announcement and the lift getting built, there's not much exciting left. 

47 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I'm all up for themeing, but I hope the execution is better then what Mystic Timbers promised. 

I thought Mystic Timbers executed it's theming quite well, actually. Walking up to the queue for the first time I was genuinely impressed because Kings Island has not tried theming of that level since Tomb Raider, and for a regional park they really did what they had to do. I just hope 2020 can take notes from what it did right.

• Like 7

What is your height measured at?  I know you got elevations from the prints, but do we know what those elevations are marked for?  Or to ask a different way, could they measure the height of the coaster from eye level, which by the time you add the trains and average height could push it up to 300' or higher.  The drop would be the same either way.

• Like 1

Looking at video from yesterday it seems like much hasn’t gotten done this week despite the good weather.

It seems like most of the piers have been poured. Do they have to wait a certain amount of time before pouring the footings on top?

Nothing has been done in the main layout yet outside of the drop and station area. I wonder why those blueprints haven’t been submitted and approved yet by Mason.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Looking at video from yesterday it seems like much hasn’t gotten done this week despite the good weather.

It seems like most of the piers have been poured. Do they have to wait a certain amount of time before pouring the footings on top?

Nothing has been done in the main layout yet outside of the drop and station area. I wonder why those blueprints haven’t been submitted and approved yet by Mason.

The park probably learned its lesson after we managed to leak two sets of blueprints and has given the city an ultimatum to not tell us that information.

On a more serious note, it seems that construction outside of the station doesn't normally start until after we get an announcement, so I'd say that we might see them in a couple of weeks. If anyone has more experience, feel free to correct me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I have seen someone’s story on Instagram on something about valravn having a train to train collision , any body know anything or have any details?

Someone on Facebook said that same thing on a Cedar Point page. They also said a lot of other B.S though like Maverick Valleyed and so did Gemini haha So I am not sure.

1 hour ago, medford said:

What is your height measured at?  I know you got elevations from the prints, but do we know what those elevations are marked for?  Or to ask a different way, could they measure the height of the coaster from eye level, which by the time you add the trains and average height could push it up to 300' or higher.  The drop would be the same either way.

The datum (zero) elevation of the coaster is 740 ft. The height of the structure is 1035.9 ft. So it’s simple math for that, but I assume you know / knew that lol. To further answer your question, I think the park will call it 300 ft. Based on measurements in cad with scaled blueprints, Eye level is about 4 ft. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Its confirmed. The supports will be a light gray color, with the track obviously being that blue. I'll update this with pics when I drive back by. 

Can I have your source of information and how this is conformed please? haha :D:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starlitfire said:

The park probably learned its lesson after we managed to leak two sets of blueprints and has given the city an ultimatum to not tell us that information.

There are no "leaked blueprints", at least not those which were scanned and obtained from building department by numerous people here on the forum.  These documents are public record, sunshine laws dictate they must be made available to anyone who requests them.  KI cannot give an ultimatum to anyone to hide this data from the public. 

They can however wait until the last minute to submit plans for upcoming work, only submit the minimal required information for the scope of work, and submit plans for approval in stages. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Maddog said:

They can however wait until the last minute to submit plans for upcoming work, only submit the minimal required information for the scope of work, and submit plans for approval in stages. 

It's 40 years ago...but this is exactly what Kings Island did when they built The Beast. The blueprints were not submitted until the day after the announcement, I believe.

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I think at Diamondbacks announcement they had some station/brake run turn around completed. It was a long time ago and I’m getting old so might not be 100 percent accurate on this. I know the supports for transfer shed where on site. 

Diamondback construction one week prior to announcement 

3DFCDA53-B110-4EED-BC84-1F8197EA827A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Millennium Force the way I look at it is blue and silver

Also the sun is shining on those support connections on those track pieces. They look gray to me not white. So I mean both Mill F and this coaster will look oddly similar in color haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Someone on Facebook said that same thing on a Cedar Point page. They also said a lot of other B.S though like Maverick Valleyed and so did Gemini haha So I am not sure.

My wife and I have been at Cedar Point for the past 2 days. We have not seen anything or heard anything like that. However, today Valravn has been closed so far all day. I thought the app said it was open for a second but went back to closed. 

Also it is crazy that KI giga is going to be ALMOST the same color as Millie Force. You would think they would go with a different color especially since they are in the same state. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

My wife and I have been at Cedar Point for the past 2 days. We have not seen anything or heard anything like that. However, today Valravn has been closed so far all day. I thought the app said it was open for a second but went back to closed. 

Also it is crazy that KI giga is going to be ALMOST the same color as Millie Force. You would think they would go with a different color especially since they are in the same state. 

Valravn won't reopen until the ride is either fixed or deemed in working order. The brakes failed and 2 trains hit each other in the station.

The Maverick and Gemini news comes off and fake news if you ask me.

• Sad 1

• malem locked this topic