Decoding 2020

fryoj

42 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Also the sun is shining on those support connections on those track pieces. They look gray to me not white. So I mean both Mill F and this coaster will look oddly similar in color haha

Eh. Clouds were overhead. Sun wasnt shining on track. Close to, but not on. Pics are slightly deceiving. 

15 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It seems like Cedar Fair loves blue track gigas like they love red track hypers! All of the Cedar Fair gigas except I305 are blue. 

That is pretty funny haha. I wonder why I305 is the lone wolf. Maybe because its just that awesome lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

I doubt it'll happen, but there is a precedent already... what if the supports are two-toned like Diamondback? DB has yellow supports for the lift, and a beige-ish for the rest of the layout.

That's a possibility. Doubt we'll see it, but I'd appreciate any sort of twist at this point. It is a bit of a bummer they've chosen Millennium Force's color scheme with a bit brighter hue, a contrast spine would have helped differentiate. It'll look good and be different enough, I suppose.

I am actually looking forward to the announcement and official render, and to see if there are any quirks with B&M's shaping. The NoLimits creations we've got are very accurate approximations, but they're not going to be as good as the real deal.  And it's really fun to watch gigas go up, there's no substitute for when the steel actually finds its place in the air. 

• Like 2

I agree it will obviously be a much different experience than Millennium Force. My wife was very scared but with how quickly you go up the lift hill is a crazy fun experience that (please correct me if I am wrong) is a huge difference from a B&M giga. 

As far as decoding goes this one is pretty much done. Let’s move onto 2025 (wishfull thinking) but my wife thought replacing Firehawk with a wing coaster would have been awesome. I know they are different type of rides but a wing coaster would be great. It almost felt like being in a fighter jet taking barrel rolls. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I agree it will obviously be a much different experience than Millennium Force. My wife was very scared but with how quickly you go up the lift hill is a crazy fun experience that (please correct me if I am wrong) is a huge difference from a B&M giga. 

The long chain lifts of the B&Ms is a huge contrast to Millennium's cable lift. I appreciate both, but I do like the anticipation and being able to really appreciate high how up you are. IMO it also makes the drop seem a bit more dramatic and impactful when you're at first creeping over and get to see how long and impossibly steep the impending descent is.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

My wife was very scared but with how quickly you go up the lift hill is a crazy fun experience that (please correct me if I am wrong) is a huge difference from a B&M giga. 

The helplessness you feel speeding up the lift hill in a tiny 2-seat/row train, with just that little T-bar holding you in is, IMHO, one of the best parts of MF

• Like 4

To whoever said Carowinds is currently better than Kings Island, I am going to strongly disagree. Carowinds has Fury, Copperhead Strike, Afterburn, and I232. After that, there’s practically nothing else worthwhile. Fury is outstanding. I’ve yet to ride CHS but I’ve heard it’s fun. Afterburn is fun but not as good as Banshee imo. Same with I232, except it’s bad days make it horrible. On top of KIs top 4 (Diamondback, Banshee, Beast, and Mystic Timbers) there are numerous unique coasters that help back them up, such as AE, Bat, Vortex, Flight of Fear, Invertigo, and Racer, to name a few. While Fury outclasses anything at KI, KI has a much more solid lineup imo.

Plus, I’m not sure if it was just me, but Carowinds employees have been incredibly rude nearly every time I’ve gone. The number of times I’ve had an employee get mad and yell at me for something crazy, such as a walking fast (no I was not running, I just walk fast and walked faster to get to Fury) was insane. For Gods sake they made me walk through the metal detector like 5 times because my watch, held over my head, made the metal detector go off. Again, I understand safety is a concern, but I have my watch held over my head, just like at KI and CP, but for some reason they didn’t notice. I finally ripped my watch off and threw it in the bowl (idk what to call it lol) and walked through without making it go off this time (shocker). These things, among others, left a really bad taste in my mouth.

For me, Carowinds is a bottom tier park, brought up only by Fury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

To whoever said Carowinds is currently better than Kings Island, I am going to strongly disagree. Carowinds has Fury, Copperhead Strike, Afterburn, and I232. After that, there’s practically nothing else worthwhile. Fury is outstanding. I’ve yet to ride CHS but I’ve heard it’s fun. Afterburn is fun but not as good as Banshee imo. Same with I232, except it’s bad days make it horrible. On top of KIs top 4 (Diamondback, Banshee, Beast, and Mystic Timbers) there are numerous unique coasters that help back them up, such as AE, Bat, Vortex, Flight of Fear, Invertigo, and Racer, to name a few. While Fury outclasses anything at KI, KI has a much more solid lineup imo.

Plus, I’m not sure if it was just me, but Carowinds employees have been incredibly rude nearly every time I’ve gone. The number of times I’ve had an employee get mad and yell at me for something crazy, such as a walking fast (no I was not running, I just walk fast and walked faster to get to Fury) was insane. For Gods sake they made me walk through the metal detector like 5 times because my watch, held over my head, made the metal detector go off. Again, I understand safety is a concern, but I have my watch held over my head, just like at KI and CP, but for some reason they didn’t notice. I finally ripped my watch off and threw it in the bowl (idk what to call it lol) and walked through without making it go off this time (shocker). These things, among others, left a really bad taste in my mouth.

For me, Carowinds is a bottom tier park, brought up only by Fury.

Carowinds sucked ass. Their parking was ****ty too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

What do you guys thing our next coaster will be?

38 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

That is technically what a decoding thread on a forum is suppose to be about. You know the future and why I mentioned 2025 that would be 5 years and with an investment like this it will most likely be like Diamondback and Banshee. 

Well, it's technically Decoding 2020. You know, next year. 

20 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I would like to see something like Dueling Dragons that just opened in China. Intamin baby!!!haha Really though check it out!

You'd like an Intamin? Wow. Never would have guessed. And that same coaster you linked in another thread already at that? Wow x2. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@DiamondBanshee

The park doesn't have the same amount of character that Kings Island has. If you take out Fury, Intimidator, and afterburn you're not left with a lot- even with Copperhead Strike. If you take out the top three roller coasters at Kings Island you're still left with a killer roster of rides. To put it frankly Carowinds is kind of dull where is Kings Island has more personality. Carowinds doesn't have any type of terrain or heavily wooded area, nor do they really have any nature to speak of. Additionally Kings Island has some awesome family Rides with the antique cars, the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad, Etc. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So if they only name the trains on the coaster Polaris and Orion what could the name of the coaster be? Also someone thought of re theming FoF and calling it one of the Polaris and Orion names then the giga could be the other.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

So if they only name the trains on the coaster Polaris and Orion what could the name of the coaster be? Also someone thought of re theming FoF and calling it one of the Polaris and Orion names then the giga could be the other.

First of all there would probably be 3 trains for the giga, also do they have to trademark names for a train on a ride? I have no idea what they would name their coaster if it was true though 

Just for clarification- even if a decoding thread manages to figure out down to the T what a project is, the site will just let the then fulfilled decoding thread last until the announcement, even with actual construction happening?

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic