Decoding 2020

fryoj

no, CP didn't trademark the names for Maverick's trains. I am just wondering why they trademarked 2 names. Unless the theory of FoF getting a name change happens. Or they don't use both and just use 1 of them.

Or there could be multiple rides (giga and flat) which is unlikely. I think the most likely possibility is that they are the names for our giga and another ride at a separate park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I would just like to point out that since this thread already figured out what the 2020 project is, that by definition, conversations are going to be off subject, so this mobius loop of people going off topic and mods trying to get people back 'on-topic' (which is now impossible) is going to continue until the announcement.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

I would just like to point out that since this thread already figured out what the 2020 project is, that by definition, conversations are going to be off subject, so this mobius loop of people going off topic and mods trying to get people back 'on-topic' (which is now impossible) is going to continue until the announcement.  

Some variance is fine, but 3 pages worth of talking about "what comes next" needed pulled out. It is now in the link below. Lets try to talk about decoding here guys!

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

Trains?  Really?

3 trains, 8 or 9 cars per train, 4 across. 

I think he meant color and theming of the zero car?

• Like 3

I think you said it yourself @silver2005 you are the one  that is still coming to this thread and posting ( I would of quoted this but your post was removed). Its your choice either be nice and play well with others or go on another thread. No one is making you come to this thread just to be a Debbie Downer. Relax man we are all here to have a good time. It's not that serious!! Its almost the weekend crack open a brewski and chillax!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think you said it yourself @silver2005 you are the one  that is still coming to this thread and posting ( I would of quoted this but your post was removed). Its your choice either be nice and play well with others or go on another thread. No one is making you come to this thread just to be a Debbie Downer. Relax man we are all here to have a good time. It's not that serious!! Its almost the weekend crack open a brewski and chillax!

At least I'm not posting the same information over and over again.  Just pointing out how to potentially stop the mobius loop of off-topic-ness due to the fact it keeps happening over and over again with no one else coming up with solutions to stop it despite the mods coming back to tell you guys to get back on topic. 

6 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

At least I'm not posting the same information over and over again.  Just pointing out how to potentially stop the mobius loop of off-topic-ness due to the fact it keeps happening over and over again with no one else coming up with solutions to stop it despite the mods coming back to tell you guys to get back on topic. 

Is it really that big of a deal...…. I mean come on dude their are more important things in life then to throw is hissy fit because you aren't getting your way. You can blame this on the others on here including myself. Sure we got off topic, its not the end of world. If the mods on this page want thigns done their way.....that's that. We accept and move on. We are trying to stay on topic but we need you to help with that as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope so ^^ I just want to know already! There are 3 times of the year that I just love. Announcement season, Free agency ( July!) in NHL and the trade deadline in the NHL as well haha Not trying to get off topic.  I am just excited to get the stats and the NAME!

• Like 4

I really want to see how they can spruce up the area with this new coaster. Even if they aren’t doing a full-blown X-Base expansion, I am positive Cedar Fair will still want to pretty up the most forgotten area at Kings Island. Also, because many people think that the area will be rethemed and because the Flight of Fear locker area is to be reworked with the addition of the old Firehawk queue line, do you think they will paint and try to spruce up the Flight of Fear building? I, personally think that it could really use a little face lift!

• Like 3

Yeah people on here need to take a chill pill and not be so rude and stuck up. It gives off a bad vibe on the site. 

Just food for thought, no one thinks you are better than any one else if you come off stuck up and a know it all. That seems to happen quite often on this thread and I'm sure it turns a lot of people off (including me). Just be nice and if you don't like what you see just don't click on this thread. Literally everything in life is more important than this thread and site :lol:

No offense to anyone just take a breather :) 

The whole purpose of this site is to connect people with similar interest; let's continue to do that positively! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Maybe the announcement will be on a Friday. 

Looking back at previous Kings Island new ride announcements while being owned by Cedar Fair, I am betting on the new ride being announced on a Thursday either in late July or in early August. Mystic Timbers was announced at the end of July and Banshee was announced at the beginning of August. Also, it seems like almost all of Kings Island’s recent ride announcement have been on Thursdays. Banshee, Mystic Timbers, and even the Antique Cars were announced on Thursdays, from what I have looked up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope so too^. I would love to try and be there for the announcement but i'll have to work  till 7. I live in Columbus so it may be hard. The live streams were awesome as long as they don't freeze like the one did for Mystic Timbers,

• Like 3

But, you said the same thing twice in what, like an hour? See the copy and paste:
"I would just like to point out that since this thread already figured out what the 2020 project is, that by definition, conversations are going to be off subject, so this mobius loop of people going off topic and mods trying to get people back 'on-topic' (which is now impossible) is going to continue until the announcement."

Like the Grand Carnivale threads, there is no real reason to have many different threads about the same subject. It sounds like your time to shine will be after the announcement, when the construction thread will be unlocked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I also hope they don’t announce the coaster before they play the announcement video. The crowds at previous Kings Island announcements have gone crazy when the video shows the new coaster. Carowinds announced Copperhead Strike right before they played the video, and I was kind of disappointed. The hype gets insane when Kings Island plays the announcement video!

• Like 5

WGT's 10th update just went live. 

Video shows the drilling machine still parked, and zooms in on the drop backbone piers, which have rebar sticking out. These two piers are the furthest per the blueprints, so I'll say all piers are complete for the brake, station, lift, and drop. 

Video also comments on some footings for the end of the ride (like the helix), but that is not accurate. All footings/piers so far are per the original set of blueprints, which does not cover anything outside of the brakes/station/lift/drop. 

I suspect another set of blueprints/plans will need to be submitted prior to any vertical construction. The existing blueprints do not cover anything vertical. 

Anyone in the Mason area up for stopping by and checking for any new blueprints/plans? I find them fascinating from an engineering standpoint. 

Large footings for the turnaround are being worked on right now. Station's look nearly compete. Last to finish will be the upper portion of the lift and drop. 

http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/kings-island-2020-update-10/

• Like 8

• malem locked this topic