Decoding 2020

fryoj

I still think the park will have announced, let alone tease, the new coaster before supports start going up. Imagine people seeing a coaster rising high when the park has not even said a word about it. However, it does look like they will want to go vertical fairly soon, so I hope the announcement is not too far away!

• Like 4

Wild Gravity has the best weekly update videos. The zoom on their camera is really good. I would say they have about another two weeks on the footings before the first drop is done. I would expect to see new blueprints filed after the 4th weekend so that they can start getting into the main coaster section.

Also does anybody know if the new shed has been completed off in the woods? It still makes a lot of sense to move that red and white building and open that area up as a plaza area. It would give great views of the drop and you could fit a restroom and food spot over there as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I think that belongs to Oktoberfest...

That that is true, but I know some people that don’t even know there is an area behind The Racer! Oktoberfest is also pretty forgotten, but I think it just needs a new ride or coaster like what X-Base is getting in 2020!

• Like 2

Just now, ohiocoasterfan said:

Wild Gravity has the best weekly update videos. The zoom on their camera is really good. I would say they have about another two weeks on the footings before the first drop is done. I would expect to see new blueprints filed after the 4th weekend so that they can start getting into the main coaster section.

Also does anybody know if the new shed has been completed off in the woods? It still makes a lot of sense to move that red and white building and open that area up as a plaza area. It would give great views of the drop and you could fit a restroom and food spot over there as well.

I don’t think the building will be removed according to the plans, but they could maybe put a small entrance plaza right next to the old Firehawk photo booth where you enter the giga. It would be nice if it looked like Banshee’s entrance.

7 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Last week the shed looked pretty done to me but they could still be doing work on the inside.

33 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I still think the park will have announced, let alone tease, the new coaster before supports start going up. Imagine people seeing a coaster rising high when the park has not even said a word about it. However, it does look like they will want to go vertical fairly soon, so I hope the announcement is not too far away!

Oh I know they won't start that until after the announcement. I was just thinking they may have supports on site.

I'd like to see the barn gone too to see the drop better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Just for clarification- even if a decoding thread manages to figure out down to the T what a project is, the site will just let the then fulfilled decoding thread last until the announcement, even with actual construction happening?

Does it bother you that much that this thread is still open? If the mods are reading, I would prefer this thread stays open until the Announcement. There's still a good chance we'll see a teaser campaign and while some of the people on this thread clearly have no interest in talking about that, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I do. If this thread is so bothersome to some of you guys, why do you keep coming in here?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

If this thread is so bothersome to some of you guys, why do you keep coming in here?

Because this thread sees about 3-5 pages a day and a chunk of it has nothing to do with decoding. You leave the site on page 230 and come back an hour later and we're already at page 233. Most of what could be decoded already has so there isn't much left to talk about. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

Because this thread sees about 3-5 pages a day and a chunk of it has nothing to do with decoding. You leave the site on page 230 and come back an hour later and we're already at page 233. Most of what could be decoded already has so there isn't much left to talk about. 

I mean yeah that happened yesterday, but I feel like for the most part this thread has slowed to a crawl, so I wouldn't say that's a common issue. There have been WAY more days where I come home and check the thread and we've barely filled another page.

I agree that spitballing about "what comes next" is off topic, but I also don't think we're going to spend the next month trying to guess what color the trains will be. People are going to have to get somewhat creative to keep a dialogue going.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

The suspense of MS to SV killed Shoot The Rapids. *poke*

I think STR was gone before that??? haha

I mean we are literally on here just talking to each other. There is not much left to talk about until lwe get the announcement. So yeah other things will be chatted about lol If we didn't chat this page would have no one on it. I do't see other threads just pooping off with excitement at this time. Maybe im wrong. I don't see anything wrong with it right now.

I think we are past all this now lol if it was out of whack the mods would step in and they did.

Lets move on haha

• Like 1

Several dozens or more pages back, there was someone complaining that blueprints and other technical information gleaned from those prints were “spoiling” the surprise of the new coaster. Complaining. About decoding. In the clearly labeled decoding thread. That is easy to avoid by not clicking on it.

Unfortunately there are always going to be people who are more interested in attempting to control others’ behavior, even/especially when it is not their place to do so, rather than focusing on modifying their own behavior in perfectly simple and reasonable ways...

Usually when I don’t like the way a thread is going I try to steer it back with content rather than complaints. So on that note I’d like to revisit the suggestion that the previous Board to Death/Chaos Haunt building was repainted this year in colors that look suspiciously like the Giga. There was one pic but it got kind of washed away by something else happening. I think it would be expert level hinting by the park if they hid that in plain site and we all missed it while searching fervently for teasers :)

I'm going to look to see if I have any photos of the building before this year, if someone else has some please share :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Unless it is Cedar Point and work is being done on an old coaster to turn it into a new coaster.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I asked something to this effect earlier in the thread but I want to be able to plan accordingly and didn't see much information last time so:

Based on previous new announcements, how much time in advance does KI usually give notice for an announcement event?

Also, a guy I used to work with somehow seems to manage to make it to events where he is able to ride new coasters before the park opens. How do you go about getting access to events like that? Is it a coaster club thing or something?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Unless it is Cedar Point and work is being done on an old coaster to turn it into a new coaster.  LOL

Yeah its like we already knew what was going on just announce it lol its like someone hiding in plain sight lol

• Like 1

It's not Millennium XL 300 or Leviathan 306, I think it's unlikely a number will be attached...especially since it's less than 325. Busch Gardens has announced that their announcement will take place on July 30th, maybe Kings Island will follow suit shortly. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

It's not Millennium XL 300 or Leviathan 306, I think it's unlikely a number will be attached...especially since it's less than 325. Busch Gardens has announced that their announcement will take place on July 30th, maybe Kings Island will follow suit shortly. 

Well you have to consider that that last 2 giga installments to the chain I305 and Fury325 both have #'s. So they are the most recent so its also possible that it does in my eyes.

• Like 1

Well you have to consider that that last 2 giga installments to the chain I305 and Fury325 both have #'s. So they are the most recent so its also possible that it does in my eyes.

Only problem is Leviathan opened after I305 and doesn’t have a number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah its like we already knew what was going on just announce it lol its like someone hiding in plain sight lol

Well look at Apple, for their next new iPhone 11( call it what you want) we know everything about that phone, no surprises about it. You can see for yourself but just like any big company( they release the new iPhones in September) they won’t move up the announcement date just because 1% of the guests that attend the park know exactly what’s getting announced. It would be cool but they are most likely set on a specific date.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

Only problem is Leviathan opened after I305 and doesn’t have a number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right.  So we are 50/50 right now. If they go back and forth its a non number year.

Also..

@LucasAerelius I know this. I was just saying it sarcastically. haha

• malem locked this topic