Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, jcovelli said:

Concerning the rattle.. Fury 325 does have the same rattle as Diamondback. The rattle comes from the space between the main wheels and the upstop wheels, essentially the train is bouncing up and down. I'm not sure what causes this but it's not the build of the track. The supports can move around on the footers a fair amount to line up with the track and they're not grouted and fully bolted until the track they connect with is perfect. And even if the track alignment, supports, and footers are perfect, the whole system still sways from the wind and the force of the train.

The rattle seems to depend on the train. The green train on Banshee is unridable for me and gives me a headache every time. Purple used to have almost no rattle and blue had just a tiny bit. This year it seams as if blue and purple are even and green is worse still. The red train on Diamondback seems to be the most bumpy. Maybe it has something to do with the wear on the wheels. B&M need to use a system like RMC does on Steel Vengance where the upstop wheels are under tension by springs which hold them to the underside of the track.. no gap, no bumps.

Absolutely. The Rattle has everything to do with the wheels. Tracking issues lead to head banging moments m due to unnecessary lateral g’s. (For example Vortex at KI) With a fresh set of wheels the coaster will be butter smooth) it also depends on temperature. The warmer the wheels are, then more they will expand and the tires will give less room to bounce as described. The best time to ride Fury (or any B&M) is just before sunset, after a sweltering day! Fast, furious, and smoother!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Hashtags were in use in 2010. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Has a hashtag ever been officially part of the name the way a number has though?  This could be groundbreaking!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Absolutely. The Rattle has everything to do with the wheels. Tracking issues lead to head banging moments m due to unnecessary lateral g’s. (For example Vortex at KI) With a fresh set of wheels the coaster will be butter smooth) it also depends on temperature. The warmer the wheels are, then more they will expand and the tires will give less room to bounce as described. The best time to ride Fury (or any B&M) is just before sunset, after a sweltering day! Fast, furious, and smoother!

Regarding the rattle, B&M upstop and guide wheels are spring loaded so the wheels have little, if anything, to do with the rattle you’re hearing. The rattle is likely a roll back, chain dog, or the wheel covers. 

Unless a polyurethane wheel is blown out, the wheels have little to do with how smooth the ride is. For example, you can put brand new wheels on an entire train but if the bushings are junk then its useless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, befat said:

Attaching a number to the ride name is so 2010.  How about something more modern, like a hashtag? Polaris #tallerthanDiamondback.

I always think it’s cool when names of things have “Y”s where the “I”s should be, such as naming my Suicune in Pokémon Go Myst, as I think it sounds mysterious and edgy. Also, the whole cutting off letters (Valravn, Invadr) makes a ride name cool, imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jcovelli said:

Concerning the rattle.. Fury 325 does have the same rattle as Diamondback. The rattle comes from the space between the main wheels and the upstop wheels, essentially the train is bouncing up and down. I'm not sure what causes this but it's not the build of the track. The supports can move around on the footers a fair amount to line up with the track and they're not grouted and fully bolted until the track they connect with is perfect. And even if the track alignment, supports, and footers are perfect, the whole system still sways from the wind and the force of the train.

The rattle seems to depend on the train. The green train on Banshee is unridable for me and gives me a headache every time. Purple used to have almost no rattle and blue had just a tiny bit. This year it seams as if blue and purple are even and green is worse still. The red train on Diamondback seems to be the most bumpy. Maybe it has something to do with the wear on the wheels. B&M need to use a system like RMC does on Steel Vengance where the upstop wheels are under tension by springs which hold them to the underside of the track.. no gap, no bumps.

Haven't read through all the replies yet so I hope I am not double posting but the red train on Diamondback is the only one without yellow wheels. Me and my friend also though red was rougher so maybe the yellow are new wheels and they just have not replaced them on red train yet?

Either way the bottom of the turn-around on Diamondback is definitely worse than it used to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

I always think it’s cool when names of things have “Y”s where the “I”s should be, such as naming my Suicune in Pokémon Go Myst, as I think it sounds mysterious and edgy. Also, the whole cutting off letters (Valravn, Invadr) makes a ride name cool, imo.

Polris, Plaris, Polars?

Orin, Orn, Oron?

I give up.  I don't think it will work for 2020.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah, I think most of the GP would be at Soak City. Was Soak City packed? 

Soak City was packed on Wednesday. Got there at 1 and alot of towels were already on the grassy areas. Left around 6 and there was a decent sized line at security. It was insane.

You guys did this to yourselves by going to the the city records and getting the blueprints way too early. I thought the whole idea to this thread was to decode all the way to the announcement, just like with Banshee and Mystic Timbers. Some of you guys kinda ruined the whole decoding by getting too impatient and wanting to find your Christmas present before it was given to you. You just couldn’t wait for the park to start the teasing. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as a parent, but something needed to be said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, THE_BEASTmaster said:

You guys did this to yourselves by going to the the city records and getting the blueprints way too early. I thought the whole idea to this thread was to decode all the way to the announcement, just like with Banshee and Mystic Timbers. Some of you guys kinda ruined the whole decoding by getting too impatient and wanting to find your Christmas present before it was given to you. You just couldn’t wait for the park to start the teasing. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as a parent, but something needed to be said.

I wasn't here back in 2013, but are you telling me that if I go look through the Banshee decoding thread, there wouldn't be blueprints there? I know a layout showed up in the Mystic Timbers thread as well. I think it made perfect sense to go check the blueprints seeing as the whole idea was to figure out what they're building. Mostly I just wish the thread was still more active I'm not really bummed we already know what the ride is. I do think this would all be a lot more interesting if the park was teasing the thing though. Kind of a bummer that we haven't seen any of that yet.

• Like 4

I wasn't here back in 2013, but are you telling me that if I go look through the Banshee decoding thread, there wouldn't be blueprints there? I know a layout showed up in the Mystic Timbers thread as well. I think it made perfect sense to go check the blueprints seeing as the whole idea was to figure out what they're building. Mostly I just wish the thread was still more active I'm not really bummed we already know what the ride is. I do think this would all be a lot more interesting if the park was teasing the thing though. Kind of a bummer that we haven't seen any of that yet.

The blueprints for Banshee didn’t show up until a few weeks prior to the announcement. You guys got the 2020 blueprints weeks after the land clearing had started.

• Like 5

Just now, THE_BEASTmaster said:

The blueprints for Banshee didn’t show up until a few weeks prior to the announcement. You guys got the 2020 blueprints weeks after the land clearing had started.

If no one from here did it, I'm sure someone else would've. Those plans were bound to show up on some YouTube video or r/rollercoasters regardless. I still think there will be more discussion taking place when/if the park ever starts a teaser campaign. We still don't know what the name is for sure, or what the theme is. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

If no one from here did it, I'm sure someone else would've. Those plans were bound to show up on some YouTube video or r/rollercoasters regardless. I still think there will be more discussion taking place when/if the park ever starts a teaser campaign. We still don't know what the name is for sure, or what the theme is. 

No, @THE_BEASTmaster is right. People are to blame for this. Everyone wants to be the one to leak the information which ruins the fun. Its like spoiling Avengers Endgame after seeing it on opening night. People just can't resist. Concepts from Dustin have been awesome but I would have rather it been a suprise. And its not like you can just leave the internet- its everywhere. It was fun when the most we knew was it was a coaster by B&M and that was all.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

No, @THE_BEASTmaster is right. People are to blame for this. Everyone wants to be the one to leak the information which ruins the fun. Its like spoiling Avengers Endgame after seeing it on opening night. People just can't resist. Concepts from Dustin have been awesome but I would have rather it been a suprise. And its not like you can just leave the internet- its everywhere. It was fun when the most we knew was it was a coaster by B&M and that was all.

I guess I just don't get this mindset. If the information is out there and available, I don't see why you wouldn't want it posted in a thread thats entire purpose is figuring out what kind of ride Kings Island is building. How would this process have been more interesting if we decided to remain blind and just guess the whole time? All I'm saying is that it seems weird to open up a decoding thread but then act as if people did something wrong looking for answers. Don't misunderstand, I see how it could spoil the fun for some people, but I guess my advice would be, don't visit the decoding thread?

• Like 9

I guess I just don't get this mindset. If the information is out there and available, I don't see why you wouldn't want it posted in a thread that's entire purpose is figuring out what kind of ride Kings Island is building. How would this process have been more interesting if we  decided we were going to remain blind and just guess the whole time? All I'm saying is that it seems weird to open up a decoding thread but then act as if people did something wrong looking for answers. Don't get me wrong, I see how it could spoil the fun for some people though.

What made the past decodings fun was that no one knew who the manufacturers were or what type of coasters we were getting. In the 2014 decoding thread their was emotional debates as to who the manufacturer was between B&M and Intamin, and the type of coaster. For the 2017 decoding it was mostly the manufacturer debate between GCI and RMC, along with the “Bring back Son of Beast” campaigns. No one went out of their way to get blueprints until weeks before the coaster’s announcement date.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

What made the past decodings fun was that no one knew who the manufacturers were or what type of coasters we were getting.

That definitely sounds like it was fun and it would be cool if it was all a little tougher to figure out, but it's just really hard to keep things under wraps these days with information so easy to access. iirc people knew the manufacturer before decoding even started.

2 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

The park is legally required to file blueprints with the City for construction. Nothing was leaked, it’s all public record. If you want to yell at someone, go yell at the politicians who made the Freedom of Information Act or the ones who made the act that made businesses required to file blueprints before construction. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

20190630_100841.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 13

• malem locked this topic