Decoding 2020

fryoj

The blueprints for Mystic Timbers were posted in June on the decoding thread. I remember that vividly. 

The blueprints for Banshee were not posted until maybe a week before the announcement. But we had the blueprints for MT early as well.

There is no reason to argue about what should/shouldn’t have been done. There is no reason to be negative.  

• Like 3

What is there to be angry about I’m really puzzled as to why people get worked up about this stuff. 

I resprct everyone on here here but sometimes I leave here scratching my head as to why people get genuinely angered about stuff as insignificant as coaster blueprint a leaking and the design being subpar. 

In the grand scheme of things there is 1,000,000 things in life more important than rollercoasters. Yes I enjoy them, but to get angered about stuff this insignificant does  create a toxic environment.  I’ll speak for myself and say that I really enjoyed when the blueprints leaked. It was really exciting and the thread was popping. You can’t look at it from the grass is always greener side.  

Edited by KI FANATIC 37
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

This sums up people's anger exactly. Its like peaking at your Christmas presents too early.

I don't know about you, but I've never received a Christmas present that was a matter of public record, let alone a multimillion dollar investment destined to thrill millions of people across the nation and beyond.

We have had a layout for BGW's 2020 coaster and IOA's 2020 or 2021 for months. It's pretty routine for blueprints to hit the internet well before a coaster is announced, and it has been for some time. There's no use scolding anyone about it.  I'm still excited for an official announcement, and betting on a coaster that'll exceed expectations.

And as has been said, it's all a matter of perspective, I'm stoked to watch another giga be constructed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm just confused as to the nature of this thread now that we know what we're getting.  The speculation on the name, theming, etc isn't really 'decoding', but more so entirely speculation, especially with the name guessing since even with trademarked names, how many times have CF actually used those names?  We didn't ever pin DB, Banshee or Mystic Timbers for the name despite many trademarked names that came out for all 3.  I think we should move on to make this a construction thread since that's where were at.  You guys keep complaining people being off topic when you keep going back off-topic constantly, even when those topics have their own threads which shows laziness.  There's a severe lack of consistency.  

At the moment people actually put the numbers on the blueprint into the actual layout and showed what it is, this thread served its purpose and became obsolete IMHO.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, brendan71388 said:

If you don’t want your Christmas presents to be spoiled before Christmas morning, don’t peak. 

Ok so this has all gotten out of hand. All of this started because someone said the thread was inactive yesterday. No one is upset because they saw their Christmas present or whatever. The unpleasant tone this thread 's developing is totally unnecessary. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

At the moment people actually put the numbers on the blueprint into the actual layout and showed what it is, this thread served its purpose and became obsolete IMHO.  

Umm, excuse me...we have had a very enterprising young member, @collin.klopfstein, helping us decode track and support color! But maybe it's time for a construction thread or just to rename this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

This makes absolutely no sense, as this coaster is definitely under construction.  Whether it has been announced officially or not is irrelevant.

I mean I don't know what the reasoning is I'm just telling you that's the decision that was made. Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to kill this thread though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

The park is legally required to file blueprints with the City for construction. Nothing was leaked, it’s all public record. If you want to yell at someone, go yell at the politicians who made the Freedom of Information Act or the ones who made the act that made businesses required to file blueprints before construction. 

I’m guessing this has to do with letting communities know what is coming and how it will impact them (such as if it’s a store, church, concert venue, etc.) However, as we’ve seen, this ease of access can have unintended consequences...

6 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

However, as we’ve seen, this ease of access can have unintended consequences...

Couldn't have said it better myself

This thread has become obsolete. A huge majority of these the Pages has been talking about other things that don't pertain to this topic, arguments on whether the blueprints are legitimate or not, Etc. This thread goes through about 5 pages a day and maybe one or two posts on those pages contain actual relevant information worth decoding. 

Anybody can go down to the city of Mason and get information but once that information is received there's not much to decode is there? A lot of us of try to keep this read on topic by bringing up certain things such as theme, and some of the few things left to decipher, but people continue to go off topic. 

I remember joining this forum back in 2012 knowing nothing about what was going to come after Son of Beast or what would come in 2017 and that was fun.

I only come on this thread anymore to speculate but everything's already been pretty much confirmed by blueprints to the point where there's nothing left decode. If this thread is going to exist as a decoding thread then people should post stuff that pertains to decoding. The funs already been ruined so we might as well get as much information is we can out of it.

• Like 2

The whole point of this thread was to decode and figure out what the park was getting in 2020. Yeah, we may have figured it out faster than some people would have liked, but I think the mission was accomplished! I think it is cool how so many people were so dedicated and spent quality time going out to get blueprints, making concepts, and taking pictures of track for us to enjoy. Heck, we even had a couple of people with so much passion that they went out and flew planes to get pictures for us. Are people sad that most of it is over now... yeah, but it was fun while it lasted. I, for one do not feel the slightest bit of disappointment, and I enjoyed every minute of the past few months worth of decoding. I think the problem is that people enjoyed decoding this project so much, and they are just sad to see it be over. I completely understand that but like @TheBEASTunchained said way back on page 1, “Here’s to 2020!”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

The funs already been ruined

I'm sorry you feel that way. When was the last time a coaster of this scale was announced that you didn't have a good idea what it would be? The 'decoding' may be all but done, but the best parts lie ahead! It's not every season a 300' coaster goes up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/29/2019 at 2:31 AM, Nutterie said:

Does anyone know where I can find the 4k pictures of the blueprints? I know they exist because I've seen youtubers like Variable use them to make replicas in planet coaster, but I can't seem to find them online. I want them because me and my friend are trying to take apart the whole thing bit by bit to understand exactly what we are dealing with.

The first post of the thread has links. 

6 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

You guys did this to yourselves by going to the the city records and getting the blueprints way too early. I thought the whole idea to this thread was to decode all the way to the announcement, just like with Banshee and Mystic Timbers. Some of you guys kinda ruined the whole decoding by getting too impatient and wanting to find your Christmas present before it was given to you. You just couldn’t wait for the park to start the teasing. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as a parent, but something needed to be said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it have made it better that the blueprints didn't get found until just before the announcement? Would people taking pictures of the footers been so much better than what we have now? We knew a B&M was coming in August. There was very little chance of it being anything but a giga. We pretty much knew where it was going when they announced Firehawks removal. Without the blueprints, we wouldn't know anything until the announcement. I mean sure we can have 9000 more drawings at people's guessed of where it go after the footers we have now, but I prefer knowing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Has this always been here, on YouTube there was an update and the guy walked up to the fence and I saw this, it looks like a runway , runway= jet = Quonset huts in queue line = project x 

69910482-D6C0-48FA-B287-33758761E220.jpeg

I think it has been there for a while now. When Firehawk opened, they had all of these white lines painted on the concrete, and maybe those marks you are seeing are the remnants after the paint was removed. I’ll try to find a picture, but good question!

• Like 3

Next time in the park I'll try to get pictures of this, but I saw a couple hats at the emporium that I thought were interesting. They were covered in reflective silver material and had Kings Island written on them in a Sci-Fi looking font, one of them had a bill with a Nebula patten on it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, are those new this season? I'm wondering if they had something to do with the new coaster, they didn't have FoF written on them or anything.

• Like 2

Well you have to consider that that last 2 giga installments to the chain I305 and Fury325 both have #'s. So they are the most recent so its also possible that it does in my eyes.
Your forgetting Leviathan, which was built after 305 and before Fury.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Next time in the park I'll try to get pictures of this, but I saw a couple hats at the emporium that I thought were interesting. They were covered in reflective silver material and had Kings Island written on them in a Sci-Fi looking font, one of them had a bill with a Nebula patten on it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, are those new this season? I'm wondering if they had something to do with the new coaster, they didn't have FoF written on them or anything.

Construction hats or just caps? Also do these look any similar to the font? Edit- never mind it probably has to do something with space beagle

8D9C941D-3BB9-42AE-8112-5FCF434AD226.png

935B04B6-3BAC-4555-B075-CF46B24A4C49.png

5CFE2B6A-009F-481F-8AF4-5A571814674C.png

• Thanks 1

@collin.klopfstein They were baseball caps. The font iirc was basically exactly the one that says Space Age in the last screen cap under "15 Free Techno Fonts". I hadn't thought about it maybe having something to do with Space Beagle, but for what it's worth it definitely didn't look that way to me. There was no branding on it whatsoever besides "Kings Island".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

@collin.klopfstein They were baseball caps. The font iirc was basically exactly the one that says Space Age in the last screen cap under "15 Free Techno Fonts". I hadn't thought about it maybe having something to do with Space Beagle, but for what it's worth it definitely didn't look that way to me. There was no branding on it whatsoever besides "Kings Island".

Oh yeah I guess they would put like snoopy on their or something if it had to do with that, maybe it is our first teaser :o

• malem locked this topic