Decoding 2020

fryoj

Yikes I am glad I was not involved in that heat haha....what is really going on here? Like for real?

Fingers crossed we get something released or leaked soon to lighten the tension in here. I take it no one took my suggestion and relaxed this weekend with a couple of brews? lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

What would the new blueprints show? Just wondering

Potentially lots of neat info. Probably nothing substantial at this point, but all of these prints have been fascinating to me. The lifthill page from the electrical prints suggests there are several cross sections thru the lift, including one right at the peak. I bet this particular cross section view would have some elevation heights listed, possibly resolving where the 1035.9' is measured from. It wouldn't really change anything, but it would tell us where all other heights are measured from.

cross.jpg

Depending on other views of the track on future blueprints, it may reveal how banked some of these turns are. Having the remaining coordinates for all the piers/footings would reveal the extent of how much concrete is involved in this project. None of the actual track is likely dimensioned, but some cross sectional views would be drawn to scale, so knowing one dimension could be used to accurately estimate the rest of the track dimensions. Again, nothing substantial, but lots of neat little things could be found. Nerd stuff to an engineer, but some others may appreciate it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m somewhat torn on whether or not I should keep following this thread. I love all the leaks and new info we get, but I don’t want to learn TOO much. I love that we know the layout and colors, but specifics, such as banking on turns, may ruin the announcement for me as I like learning about these there. (Ruin is a bit of a strong word, but it would almost definitely make it less fun) I feel like my sentiment is shared by many, but that does not mean everyone in here should stop posting stuff! This is a decoding thread after all! I just feel like this might be why the small quarrels have been happening.

I’ll probably just stick around because it gives me something to read. Plus I’m an engineer so I really love scouring over all the blueprints lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Does someone have a picture of the space themed hat “ldhudsonjr” saw ?

Unfortunately they aren't related to the new coaster. @KIghostguy posted last night and said they've had those since at least 2017, which he knows since he's been working at the Emporium since then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, standbyme said:

I just love seeing someone else using the term gaslighting! (When I use it, the younger generation just gives  me a blank stare.) :D

Younger generation should be catching on by now. This is the era of gaslighting/propaganda. It starts from the top.

• Like 1

Y'all I rode Fury 325 three times tonight. I know this ride will be around 1,000 feet shorter length-wise, but still it made me PUMPED to have a coaster like that coming to Kings Island. It was in the low 90s today and Fury was FLYING. Just imagine riding our giga at this point in the season after a blazing hot day with the sun going down. I have a feeling that our giga will feel even faster since it'll be so close to trees/The Racer. Also, fingers crossed that this giga's airtime moments will be just as strong as Fury. =D

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

I think some folks here just need to cool down. No reason for all your posts to be so heated. We’re all just trying to decode and have fun here. It’s OKAY to relax lol

I will call people out if I feel mistreated, which that post I quoted did.   I am all too familiar with the crappy affects of gaslighting, with myself living with a chronic illness that you can't tell by just looking at me, so I can spot it from a mile away.  I have zero tolerance for gaslighting.  I don't care how insignificant the topic is. 

Ha ha oh my god there is something seriously wrong with some of the people who post on this message board.

I stopped posting here about 10 years ago due to the overwhelming negativity and while it's not as bad now and it seems like most users are really cool people, there are still plenty of rude, hostile, know-it-all posters who really bring a negative vibe to this site. For whatever reason, I've noticed most of these people are high post count members, so I'm not sure if it's some sort of seniority complex or what's going on there. 

The amount of stupid arguments I've been reading in this thread is astounding, with the latest being probably the most pathetic and embarrassing. Beyond that, the amount of know-it-alls who correct every little single thing in a hostile manner are almost unbearable and are truly the worst aspect of this site, with the corrections on "footings" and "footers" being just a very small, mild example of the pettiness that some users engage in. Again, most people here seem super friendly and are just here to have a great time but there are some very obvious sore thumbs here who create a negative aura that is not welcoming.

I know some users will be super offended and won't be able to resist the smart ass replies, so by all means continue to do what you do, but be aware you're part of the reason more people aren't active here. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

@Wolf Like Me I do know what you mean, sometimes things get a little more heated than you'd think they should on a message board dedicated to something fun like an Amusement park, but honestly to emphasize what you yourself said, most people on here are super cool, and really even some of the people that are getting irritated here and there are cool most of the time. I think people are just getting annoyed because the thread keeps looping over the same topics again and again. I think people are just anxious to see some new information to talk about. Anyway, welcome back! Hope you stick around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wolf Like Me said:

Beyond that, the amount of know-it-alls who correct every little single thing in a hostile manner are almost unbearable and are truly the worst aspect of this site, with the corrections on "footings" and "footers" being just a very small, mild example of the pettiness that some users engage in. 

I'm not sure if it's just an internet thing or what, because I fee like people aren't like this so much in person. There have been 2 cases in this thread alone where someone had "corrected" me, but had actually said the same thing I did, they were just so eager to do it they hadn't taken the time to comprehend what I was saying. There were also times where 2 different members who were obviously children were laughed at and mocked for sharing their opinions. 

I'm like you though, I stopped coming here when that mod was handing down infractions for not capitalizing ride names.

• Like 2

I wish we could all be one big happy family. I understand where people get upset if things get off topic. I also wish they didn't want to jump down your throat for talking about something you feel is important to you. I see both sides and just wish that we could all just drop the shenanigans.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We want things to stay positive on KIC and as Maverick said, be a big family. Dicussing and going back and forth over who is negative with each other is not productive in the forum (especially in this thread.)

If you did not like what someone posted, then send them a PM to let them respectfully know how you feel or get clarification on their post. If their post is violating the TOS, then please use the report button so a mod can take care of it. 

As far as this thread, it will remain and not be renamed. A new contruction thread will be coming really soon.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I have been guilty of taking things the wrong way to the point I believed the poster was being insulting/ malicious.  When in reality they just didn't understand what I meant.  I refer it to a "lost in translation" effect in social media.  We cannot hear someone's tone of voice or see facial expressions and may take a post the wrong way and consider it an attack.

Nobody is perfect.  Nobody knows all.  Everyone has an opinion.  Too often we get caught up in something that we didn't explain fully, or someone else misunderstood.  Is it really THAT big of a deal?  This has always been a fun forum with some incredibly intelligent members that are very dedicated to KI (sometimes too dedicated ;)).

BTW- I love smartass answers & humor.  It keeps things on the light side.  Take no offense and give it back!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^ I am not sure if that helps this situation or not?? Lets just move on!!

So I think someone asked if someone was going to go city hall to check on new blue prints. Has this been done yet?  Did I miss t hat post? lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

When you wake up in the morning and first thing you do is check ki central forums and think there is something exciting going on when it’s actually people arguing and other people trying to stop it :l

Did you at least go to the bathroom first?

AND wash your hands??

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

So I think someone asked if someone was going to go city hall to check on new blue prints. Has this been done yet?  Did I miss t hat post? lol

I don’t believe anyone has gone yet recently, but I would be perfectly okay with someone going!

• Like 1

I normally wake up....pee.... wash hands....eat...shower...brush teeth....get dressed....leave for work....then get on my computer and check when I missed out on. I sometimes use Tapatalk while at home if I am in a heated debate because I said the word Intamin haha :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

4th pic down you a can see the very top ( start of drop) of the Hershey coaster! haha

Ohh good catch! This is kinda unrelated, but here's a closer shot of a similar piece on China's new "Flight of the Himalayan Eagle Music Roller Coaster" (FOTHEMRC is one heck of an acronym). That small box acts as a cover to the return sprocket of the chain. 

Pic from RCDB.

https://rcdb.com/15115.htm

box.jpg

• Like 6

I had a strange dream last night.  All of this clearing, blueprints, construction, etc were merely a smokescreen.  What the park actually built was a full-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower.  It was built by Intamin.  But this attraction had a Skyride attached to it that stopped at the 50 ft platform of the original Eiffel Tower (by Intamin) and then went to a renovated Drop Tower, also made by Intamin.  It stopped on top, where you ziplined back to the New Intamin Eiffel Tower, which is actually a polar coaster until you get to the 300 ft level where it takes a dramatic twist and turns into a dueling blitz coaster by Intamin with green track.  You stayed in a Mobius loop that took you under a reinforced Vortex, stopped by the Rivertown Freestyle Refresh station that was closed and went back to the area formerly known as Coney Mall to X-Base.  

Then I woke up, used the restroom, washed my hands, made coffee, took my dog out to use the restroom, came back, washed my hands, drank coffee and ate a funnel cake and went back to bed. 

@Maverick44, would you approve of this if were Project X?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

• malem locked this topic