Decoding 2020

fryoj

Ok! Finally! I’ve updated my Kings Island Giga model to reflect the blueprints better, as well as updated the train design. On top of that, as an added bonus, I brought @BSBMX‘s model of the station to life with some textures! Anyway, enjoy!spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

MINOR correction ... the metric length of the coaster should be 1662 meters.

If you want to post that image publically somewhere, let me know and I’ll send you the image with the correction. 

C125CCDE-FC3F-4AAE-A4F9-DA4172FFBAD9.png0C5BAC57-55F9-47D7-9F69-037C409F9736.png258F9144-E930-49D5-8D98-44CA1450BB97.png9039FC9F-3BF4-43AD-9EA5-5E395FFCA6F4.pngE1A84DE1-B00E-4787-8FCF-E52504FF9B35.png53F5B198-EA2B-406E-A752-16028D6A2DE5.jpegD6FE1956-EEF5-4817-BC99-5F40905B7ACA.jpeg94F9EF32-0E20-4CEB-B217-B16B912DB48B.jpegBEB30C11-4C02-4229-A428-3C7688CE990E.jpeg6B58F70B-E317-4487-9F5C-9FD14FFA15BC.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Old_Bearcat said:

The electrical drawings were an In-progress print dated 5/8/19 and were generated for an electrical permit submittal and approval only.  (Likewise for the station area and lift footing permit submission as well ). The base information shown was current on 5/8/19 and was deemed complete enough to submit for electrical approval from the City of Mason.  That does not mean the underlying design was complete - and it could possibly change.   Since they are fabricating the steel currently, then the design for the version shown on the 5/8/19 drawings most likely is correct since the shop drawings would have had to been produced a while ago. What is unknown and to fuel the fire further, is if the electrical designer had the most current information available for their drawings dated 5/8/19?  Would it make a substantive difference on the electrical design if the lift hill is 10 feet higher? (No) For the foundation design and submittal? (Yes)  Keep in mind that the permit approval process is Proof of Concept only and a review of compliance with local and/or national electrical and building codes. 

I am not sure the City has jurisdiction over the vertical construction, that may well rest with the State Department of Agriculture. 

It seems to suggest that you think they might be changing the lift hill height. They absolutely do not make changes to the structure this late in the process. I'd wager that the final design and layout of this coaster has been nailed down for over a year. What the electrical plans have will be the same that CSF have and what B&M designed. When KI signed off on this(probably in 2017 if not earlier), the changes to the ride were done. 

I do love the coaster design and elements. Great work @DustinTheNow!! I do have a question about the reverse dive turn. Is that 100% or could that element be a reverse treble clef. I know the other elements are pretty much what they are but I am curious about the turn around on the plans. Do they show enough to know for sure what the element is going to be. 

I am not an engineer so when I look at these plans they look the same. However, when I look at the fury plans (google image) and the KI plans they seem to be the same at the turn around. I would love to hear what your thoughts are. What made you think it was a reverse dive instead of a reverse treble clef.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I do love the coaster design and elements. Great work @DustinTheNow!! I do have a question about the reverse dive turn. Is that 100% or could that element be a reverse treble clef. I know the other elements are pretty much what they are but I am curious about the turn around on the plans. Do they show enough to know for sure what the element is going to be. 

I am not an engineer so when I look at these plans they look the same. However, when I look at the fury plans (google image) and the KI plans they seem to be the same at the turn around. I would love to hear what your thoughts are. What made you think it was a reverse dive instead of a reverse treble clef.

I am calling it a reverse dive turn, because it appears to be similar to a non inverting dive loop, just wider. It won’t be shaped like a reverse treble clef, as the high point would be before the “turn”. Because the high point is about 30 degrees into the turn it will not have the “wave turn” kind of feel. However I fully expect a nice pop or floater airtime entering the turn, along with some great forces during the pullout of the turn. It will be unlike anything we’ve seen on a Hyper or giga, that’s for sure. 

Even still, this element might be pretty close to being a reverse treble clef, just not quite.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^Yet again I’m reminded how amazing a giant green B&M would look in the skyline.

Please KI, that’s all I want in the next coaster. I’ll even take a dive if it can be a giant green B&M ;-;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the blue, but yeah you're right that looks pretty incredible. Makes me a little sad actually, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Happy Independence Day everyone!

Ps, we are on Kings Island time on this site, so, deal with it.  :-P

fireworks.jpg

But... 1 hour ago it was 2am.  Yes it is the 4th, just an odd time lol

• Like 2

It still gets me that the bottom of the final drop and final break run are so high off the ground and that much higher than the station. Will people at the top of Racers lift hill be looking up at the train on Polaris break run. This is the same problem I have with Levi. Why can't they put in one last little ejector air hill. Im sure there is a reason for it, it just looks ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

It still gets me that the bottom of the final drop and final break run are so high off the ground and that much higher than the station. Will people at the top of Racers lift hill be looking up at the train on Polaris break run. This is the same problem I have with Levi. Why can't they put in one last little ejector air hill. Im sure there is a reason for it, it just looks ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I agree, it does seem like some wasted potential. At least in KI's case, the brake run will be in the rear of everything else, so less jutting out compared to other cases. 

My guess is B&M likes to keep it high up and angled somewhat steep to allow for the trains to evacuate the brake run quickly by relying on gravity rather than drive wheels. Valravn's brake run also comes to mind. 

Also note that directly below the last drop is a walkway. They probably want to have plenty of height there to drive whatever vehicles they need to in the future. Looks like they plan on keeping the trees under this part of the track, so some of that extra height helps with that. 

8743BC34-34D4-4710-A424-2B0F4BCC9476.jpeg

Also, I think I found the official soundtrack of the new ride. Coaster's name will be Skylane. 

/s

8D86936D-5101-415D-8267-FE6E82C11264.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Oops my keyboard on my phone went crazy for a second, I meant is there any teasers on the fence or around the park today?

This is what I came here for, I was hoping someone would see some teasers on the fence today 

13 hours ago, jdawg1998 said:

I can't even think, at least off the top of my head, how many coasters are green. I think that's a great color for a B&M.

Green lanterns, Kingda Ka, Helix, Hulk, Raptor are what come to mind

Red and blue are still dominant when it comes to coaster colors though

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic