Decoding 2020

fryoj

I wonder who actually hangs up the teasers?

It could just be a supervisor or employee who is told the morning of, but I personally like to imagine Don zooming through KI in the middle of the night on a golf cart, dressed in all black, armed with a staple gun and some teaser posters 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

25 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

It could just be a supervisor or employee who is told the morning of, but I personally like to imagine Don zooming through KI in the middle of the night on a golf cart, dressed in all black, armed with a staple gun and some teaser posters 

Exactly.

27 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I bet u we gonna see teasers tomorrow and also I’m going to the park tomorrow!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

The reason Cedar Fair probably isn't teasing this coaster as much as past coasters at KI is because they don't have to. It's already been on the news, blogs, and other sites showing No Limits creations, etc. before the footers were even poured. This coaster has probably gotten more publicity without KI dropping a hint than any other coaster, ever!  It is FREE ADVERTISEMENT!! 

If this is the case, I'd say Cedar Fair is wrongheaded about the whole thing. Every single industry where there are enthusiasts will have people trying as hard as they can to find leaks and piece together what the next product is, and I feel like the hype is always better when the makers of the product play along and drop some breadcrumbs. Before anyone says it, I don't think filing plans with the city would be a breadcrumb. I guess at this point I'm getting a little annoyed because I was hoping we would be spending much of the summer discussing these teasers, but here we are in July and there haven't been any yet. Hopefully we'll start to see some this week.

6 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I was hoping we would be spending much of the summer discussing these teasers...

I know, just the discussion alone of why the park chose a certain font on the posters could have added at least another 10-12 pages to this thread. :rolleyes:

Just now, standbyme said:

I know, just the discussion of why the park picked a certain font on the posters could have added at least another 10-12 pages to this thread. :rolleyes:

If you're not interested there are plenty of other places in the forum :rolleyes:.

Yeah, there would definitely be some bull**** discussion, but I do think teasers make the whole thing more interesting.

32 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

If you're not interested there are plenty of other places in the forum :rolleyes:

Although my prediction is probably accurate...it was just a joke.

(See, we’ve already added 3 posts about the discussing of the discussing of fonts.)

• Haha 1

^Considering nearly every major attraction takes years in conceptualizing, planning, design, and construction, I’d say it’s very unlikely that they have left such a major component of the ride unfinished until the final few months before it’s actually finished. Is it completely impossible tho? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

If this is the case, I'd say Cedar Fair is wrongheaded about the whole thing. Every single industry where there are enthusiasts will have people trying as hard as they can to find leaks and piece together what the next product is, and I feel like the hype is always better when the makers of the product play along and drop some breadcrumbs. Before anyone says it, I don't think filing plans with the city would be a breadcrumb. I guess at this point I'm getting a little annoyed because I was hoping we would be spending much of the summer discussing these teasers, but here we are in July and there haven't been any yet. Hopefully we'll start to see some this week.

Annoyed?  Really?  I hope that is an exaggeration.

It's just a 2020 coaster.  It's still a great park with much activity to discuss in 2019 without teasing the newest addition.  If CF announced all their the big additions the same way at every park the anticipation would be nil across the board.

We are just over the halfway point of the main operating season.  There is still a ton of time to enjoy the teasing- kinda like ----play without a feather. 

Frankie say RELAX......;)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

Annoyed?  Really?  I hope that is an exaggeration.

I see your point. Annoyed is not the best word I could have used. Disappointed is a better one, because I was really looking forward to that aspect of it. Make no mistake though, I'm having a great time this season and it's not something I spend much time thinking about when I'm there. I get that a lot of you think I'm wrong, and I guess at this point we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just don't like the way CF handles hyping up their rides. Still though, I'm sure there's a chance that by the end of the season I'll have a different opinion. As you said, there's still plenty of time.

• Like 3

I really hope there are teasers today, but I am not confident that they will start teasing on a Monday. I think that they will wait until this upcoming weekend to start teasing, personally, but @collin.klopfstein please prove me wrong. I really want to see teasers today. Also, thank you for going out to the park today and looking for new teasers. I, as well as others, really do appreciate it!

• Like 4

Long time no chat for me on this forum. I see some familiar names in this thread which is nice to see from years ago. 

Really looking forward to this this addition to the park. My favorite color being used for the track is a nice touch as well. Everyone who made the videos you did an excellent job. Looking forward to finding out the announcement date and really hope it’s not August 15/16. 

• Like 5

KI already jumped to advising winterfest on the front page of the website. I was hoping for a teaser on there if not at the park, but after combing through each page I can't find anything unusual 

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

I guess there are no teasers, then? The silence is surprising.

I'm assuming teasers would be on the fence and that video was from ET so maybe they just haven't made it back there yet? Colin should have been arriving around 20-30 mins ago but will need time to go through security and walk back there so don't lose hope just yet 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic