Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I am not expecting anything today.  I could see them starting maybe Thursday or Friday if not then I'd say early August  with a late August announcement. It is odd we haven't had a single teaser yet....

Who knows, when the teaser show up, they could literally just be a bunch of posters saying when the announcement will be. There may not be any real teasers, and we’ll end up just having an early announcement. Everyone knows mostly everything about the ride anyways.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I am not expecting anything today.  I could see them starting maybe Thursday or Friday if not then I'd say early August  with a late August announcement. It is odd we haven't had a single teaser yet....

Odd and a total bummer.

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

Who knows, when the teaser show up, they could literally just be a bunch of posters saying when the announcement will be. There may not be any real teasers, and we’ll end up just having an early announcement...

I can see this happening but that would be super lame. I really hope they start dropping regular little hints for us to geek out over for a bit.

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah but not the GP. We as enthusiasts know haha I am sure the park wants to get the GP pumped up.

I guess it depends on whether or not the GP watch WCPO... then they would “know” about the giga!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Who knows, when the teaser show up, they could literally just be a bunch of posters saying when the announcement will be. There may not be any real teasers, and we’ll end up just having an early announcement. Everyone knows mostly everything about the ride anyways.

You would be surprised how many people don't know, or at least don't know what kind of coaster. I'm in multiple theme park/roller coaster groups on FB and regularly people will ask about if the rumor of a new KI ride is true and then everyone argues about what type etc it will be. People think it will be a wing coaster and be called Firehawk lol and I've also heard that it was 'confirmed' that it was a giant wild mouse, and these are by supposed coaster enthusiasts too, not just locals  

can you just imagine a wild mouse the size of the clearing? Lol So yeah, I would say the GP has no idea what we are getting. Carnivale just ended though so I'm still holding out hope for teasers this week. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well there are a good amount of GP who knows about this since of how much WCPO and John Matarese has reported on it. I've ran into multiple people on the Eiffel Tower who were up there to see the land clearing because they saw it on TV. 

I mean maybe? But the GP doesn't  join pages like this. They hear it on the news then forget about it the next day. I mean some GP may become a future enthusiasts. Could just be me that thinks the GO would benefit from a teaser campaign.  

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean maybe? But the GP doesn't  join pages like this. They hear it on the news then forget about it the next day. I mean some GP may become a future enthusiasts. Could just be me that thinks the GO would benefit from a teaser campaign.  

Even those who hear about it on the news would have to be local to KI. I live almost an hour away and everyone in my town I grew up with goes to KI somewhat regularly, local schools do field trips there etc but yet none of these people would ever see the cincinnati news or know who John Matarese is. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Even those who hear about it on the news would have to be local to KI. I live almost an hour away and everyone in my town I grew up with goes to KI somewhat regularly, local schools do field trips there etc but yet none of these people would ever see the cincinnati news or know who John Matarese is. 

Teasers are an important part of a new attraction in my mind. Its gets people GP or not involved  and wanting to see what's going on and what is going to happen. I think KI needs this coaster to do well in attendance numbers to keep CF adding to this park on a regular basis imo.

• Like 1

I'm sure the advertising for this thing will be over the top. They'll probably be advertising this thing throughout the off-season to push season pass sales and throughout the entire season. I could even see them advertising it hard for 2-3 years leading up to the next coaster.  Which I'm sure we'll see huge advertisements all over the area 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

You would be surprised how many people don't know, or at least don't know what kind of coaster. I'm in multiple theme park/roller coaster groups on FB and regularly people will ask about if the rumor of a new KI ride is true and then everyone argues about what type etc it will be. People think it will be a wing coaster and be called Firehawk lol and I've also heard that it was 'confirmed' that it was a giant wild mouse, and these are by supposed coaster enthusiasts too, not just locals  

can you just imagine a wild mouse the size of the clearing? Lol So yeah, I would say the GP has no idea what we are getting. Carnivale just ended though so I'm still holding out hope for teasers this week. 

They are all wrong.

It's gonna be a Aquatrax....

• Like 3

This thread gets comical about these teasers. 

There will be teasers opening day I know it!

None? Well, they will certainly be there Memorial Day.

No? Oh it's Grand Carnivale. They want to wait till that Monday after it's over.

Still none?!?!?! Well, it's Monday, they will be up later this week...

Part of me hopes they don't say a word till after Winterfest just to watch the carnage on here. lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, fryoj said:

"watch for falling trees" was the extent of the MT teasers. I'm not going to get my hopes up. 

I think I'd rather see the next set of blueprints then a teaser. haha I can't get to the park as much as some so I'd like the rest of the blueprints.

• Like 2

That was with the formal invitation to the announcement. It really didn't have much teasing from the actual park, a lot of it was just speculation on here. Then ofc Don reads here from time to time and posted a picture of "Splintercat" the night before to make people freak out. I think day of the announcement was like Tree's falling and Saw mill audio but nothing huge. 

• Like 2

Since the applied-for trademarks seem to involve spaceflight themes, maybe the teasers will be tied-into the 50th anniversary  of Apollo 11?  (Launch Date July 16, 1969, Moonwalk on July 21, 1969)

Neil Armstrong was part of Astronaut Group 2, in project Gemini (pronounced   /ˈdʒɛmɪni/, rhyming with knee )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Astronaut_Group_2 (announced on September 17, 1962)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gemini

Gemini 8 (VIII)  was Armstrong's 1st spaceflight and the mission conducted the first docking of two spacecraft in orbit, but suffered the first critical in-space system failure of a U.S. spacecraft which threatened the lives of the astronauts and required an immediate abort of the mission. The crew was returned to Earth safely

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_8

(Edit - Gemini is not one of the applied-for trademarks - Whooops!  but its interesting reading nonetheless) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I saw someone state on here earlier that it valleyed. I assume going up the second spike it didn't make it all the way up and didn't have enough momentum to make the loop backward. Or going through cobra roll it didn't have enough juice to make loop. It had to of valleyed on either side of loop and they need to get it up a spike. I have no idea. I also can't 100% confirm that it actually did valley. Someone on here said it did. Actually @ldhudsonjr said it did the other day? Was it open again after??

"Teasers"
By: Gordon Bombay

In the backstage area of the park, within a warehouse nestled between the parking lot, Planet Snoopy, and a security post—there is an office. 

It's a quaint space, an older area that's a nice respite from the heat afforded to whoever is on duty at the time. 

A man sits there among the hum of a struggling window a/c unit, the din of the water park, and the faint whistle of the train passing in the distance. 

He slinks down onto a desk chair, one probably as old as the park itself. The well-worn coveralls he dons are speckled with dried paint.

On the walls: remnants of a proud park's past are hanging in posterity: signs dating back to the halcyon days of Son of Beast's announcement (before it all went wrong), posters highlighting the first Winterfest revival, and wooden smurf characters outlined with a faded blue. 

His desktop computer struggles. Recently loaded with Windows 10, its hardware hails from a software edition that debuted just prior to the new millennium. 

He squints to see the screen in the warm afternoon light of a muggy midwestern afternoon. 

In his glasses, words reflected... "KICentral.com," "Forums," "Decoding2020," and... "teasers."

Confidently, he pushes back in the chair, propping his feet up on the desk. 

He sips his coffee and glances over at a stack of freshly printed signs sitting against the wall—the ones waiting for their day in the park. 

Chuckling, he glances back at the computer screen and mutters: 

"When I'm darn good and ready you impatient, 'Acers.' When I'm darn good and ready."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

• malem locked this topic