Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Sorry for being so late to tell you because my mom doesn’t want me on my phone during “family time” but no teasers :( someone probably told you already but once again for telling you so late

Lol relax dude, you're at KI not on assignment LMAO

• Like 7

I just saw a commercial for Kings Island.....it starts off with a coaster going up blue track. The trains looked green and showed it going down the hill....i didn't even know it was a commercial for Kings Island...Bottom line....it' wasn't showing a ride it currently has...I tried to find it on YouTube but had no luck.....they end the commercial saying "it's amazing here".

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

I just saw a commercial for Kings Island.....it starts off with a coaster going up blue track. The trains looked green and showed it going down the hill....i didn't even know it was a commercial for Kings Island...Bottom line....it' wasn't showing a ride it currently has...I tried to find it on YouTube but had no luck.....they end the commercial saying "it's amazing here".

You better not be trolling

Could you like rewind it or something?

• Like 1

I'm not trolling....i been going to Kings Island for 10 years since I moved here....never seen Kings Island show stock footage of rides from different parks on their commercials.... That's just cheap and lazy if they did that... Every commercial I have seen from them always shows Kings Island rides.....that's the whole point of advertising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

I'm not trolling....i been going to Kings Island for 10 years since I moved here....never seen Kings Island show stock footage of rides from different parks on their commercials.... That's just cheap and lazy if they did that... Every commercial I have seen from them always shows Kings Island rides.....that's the whole point of advertising.

Antique autos used film from Cedar Points antique autos

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

They do it all the time. I think they've used Kings Dominions Drop Tower in a commercial before. 

• Like 1

Probably because they were exactly the same....and antique autos aren't really anything anyone cares about....maybe they did use stock footage for ki for that....I'm just saying I have never seen them advertise other parks rides....I don't think Cedar Point would dare do that. Come on out to Kings Island and ride these rides we don't have...

• Like 1

Probably because they were exactly the same....and antique autos aren't really anything anyone cares about....maybe they did use stock footage for ki for that....I'm just saying I have never seen them advertise other parks rides....I don't think Cedar Point would dare do that. Come on out to Kings Island and ride these rides we don't have...

I’ll just repeat what I said before. Yes they use stock footage for KI. They have had a commercial going around using Fury, Hydra, Behemoth, and MT. Also a few years back (before Banshee I believe) they had a haunt commercial using an invert (I believe talon but I’m not sure). Stock footage is used frequently in KI commercials. Some feature exclusively KI rides, yes, but many feature rides from other parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

"Teasers"
By: Gordon Bombay

In the backstage area of the park, within a warehouse nestled between the parking lot, Planet Snoopy, and a security post—there is an office. 

It's a quaint space, an older area that's a nice respite from the heat afforded to whoever is on duty at the time. 

A man sits there among the hum of a struggling window a/c unit, the din of the water park, and the faint whistle of the train passing in the distance. 

He slinks down onto a desk chair, one probably as old as the park itself. The well-worn coveralls he dons are speckled with dried paint.

On the walls: remnants of a proud park's past are hanging in posterity: signs dating back to the halcyon days of Son of Beast's announcement (before it all went wrong), posters highlighting the first Winterfest revival, and wooden smurf characters outlined with a faded blue. 

His desktop computer struggles. Recently loaded with Windows 10, its hardware hails from a software edition that debuted just prior to the new millennium. 

He squints to see the screen in the warm afternoon light of a muggy midwestern afternoon. 

In his glasses, words reflected... "KICentral.com," "Forums," "Decoding2020," and... "teasers."

Confidently, he pushes back in the chair, propping his feet up on the desk. 

He sips his coffee and glances over at a stack of freshly printed signs sitting against the wall—the ones waiting for their day in the park. 

Chuckling, he glances back at the computer screen and mutters: 

"When I'm darn good and ready you impatient, 'Acers.' When I'm darn good and ready."

Ok so I have to know.... And yes I'm aware this off topic but is Gordon Bombay your real name or a Mighty Ducks reference???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DubVLegend said:

Ok so I have to know.... And yes I'm aware this off topic but is Gordon Bombay your real name or a Mighty Ducks reference???

It is, in fact, my real name. 

Imagine my confusion and excitement as a kid when I saw those Mighty Duck movies (some friends had to tell me about them). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Yes that was really it haha. KI needs to learn from other CF parks ( CP) about how to tease lol.

There were all kinds of teasers on Social media for MT. Pictures of the train saying something about "this is the key". Pic of the bridge the train goes over. I remember a pic in that direction from the Eiffel Tower saying something like "If you build it they will come"

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I wonder if they showed that to tease for Banshee or just a coincidence 

A full year an a half before Banshee? Not to mention they used the same exact footage for the Kings Dominion ad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

A full year an a half before Banshee? Not to mention they used the same exact footage for the Kings Dominion ad. 

We where just talking about how they made up plans for our giga in August last year weren’t we? So it could be a possibility they where doing that,

I think the coaster in that advert is Silver Bullet at Knott’s.

Also, thanks for sharing about your name, Mr. Bombay. And speaking of The Mighty Ducks, I was always a big fan of the Disney cartoon, but I’ve never seen any of the (live-action) movies.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

I think the coaster in that advert is Silver Bullet at Knott’s.

Also, thanks for sharing about your name, Mr. Bombay. And speaking of The Mighty Ducks, I was always a big fan of the Disney cartoon, but I’ve never seen any of the (live-action) movies.

Yea totally cool you have the same name... MDMC01 the series (even though it was a great cartoon) had nothing to do with the movies but the movies are great and still worth the watch!

20 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Also I just realized our giga is gonna be basically the same color as gate keeper

4D4F611C-C0FE-43E4-985C-E42A9B44EA73.png

I'm totally ok with this. I really think the blue and white look great on a coaster.

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic