Decoding 2020

fryoj

14 hours ago, ejdumm said:

There were all kinds of teasers on Social media for MT. Pictures of the train saying something about "this is the key". Pic of the bridge the train goes over. I remember a pic in that direction from the Eiffel Tower saying something like "If you build it they will come"

I still personally think it could be a lot better.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Word on the street is that a support of some kind (I’m guessing transfer?) went up last night. Anyone at the park to confirm? Someone may need a good camera lol. But again this is just what I’ve heard. Have not been to the park.

That is interesting... I hope someone goes to the park and gets pictures of it!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Word on the street is that a support of some kind (I’m guessing transfer?) went up last night. Anyone at the park to confirm? Someone may need a good camera lol. But again this is just what I’ve heard. Have not been to the park.

I know it don't help but we will be there tomorrow. We will be posting updates as soon as we get there. Wont be until the evening though like around 1630-1700

• Like 4

I’m not really sure what people want out of a teaser campaign. Firstly, in relation to this particular coaster, we already seem to know pretty much everything. Teasers are fun, yes, but they won’t really add anything at this point.

Secondly, I’m not sure why people say KI teasers are lacking and CPs aren’t. I’d much prefer Banshee and MT style teasing than what they did with Valravn. Plus, SV already had track in place before they even mentioned it. KI teasers are great imo. If you want to talk about fantastic teasers tho, look at what Holiday World did with Thunderbird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

I’m not really sure what people want out of a teaser campaign. Firstly, in relation to this particular coaster, we already seem to know pretty much everything. Teasers are fun, yes, but they won’t really add anything at this point.

Secondly, I’m not sure why people say KI teasers are lacking and CPs aren’t. I’d much prefer Banshee and MT style teasing than what they did with Valravn. Plus, SV already had track in place before they even mentioned it. KI teasers are great imo. If you want to talk about fantastic teasers tho, look at what Holiday World did with Thunderbird.

I think better teasing helps the GP and keeps them interested. Yeah WE know what's going on but I am guessing most of the GP has no clue.  Also with SV yes WE knew what was going on but the GP has no clue what RMC is lol. The GP is what brings the parks money! I liked the teasing for Banshee. I am just saying I see it from both ways.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

We knew we were getting an RMC with SV, but do you remember the video of Tony in the beard smacking the wood. Then the 'Richard Micheal Crosby' at the "Funeral" they knew that we knew what was coming so they played with it very well. I think Mystics was okay. I would say we are yet to see a GREAT tease campaign from Kings Island, Okay but not great.

Also Thunderbirds was FANTASTIC

• Like 1

I think better teasing helps the GP and keeps them interested. Yeah WE know what's going on but I am guessing most of the GP has no clue.  Also with SV yes WE knew what was going on but the GP has no clue what RMC is lol. The GP is what brings the parks money! I liked the teasing for Banshee. I am just saying I see it from both ways.

I understand, but what’s the point of US getting all worked up about a teaser campaign when WE know what it is. Like I said, yes it’s fun, but there’s no reason to keep checking for teasers every 10 minutes. Whether they show up today, tomorrow, a month from now, or on the day of the announcement, the GP won’t care how long time the teasers go on for. In other cases, I feel like it was more of a necessity, especially with MT as it was more hidden and if you didn’t know what was going on, you might not think anything is happening, especially for the first few month. This coaster clearing is big, and can be seen easily from the Eiffel Tower. Many of my GP friends talk to me about it (not knowing what it is of course, but knowing something big is coming). Imo a teasing campaign isn’t necessary to get the word spread that a coaster is coming. Many know that at least something knew will be coming next year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

I understand, but what’s the point of US getting all worked up about a teaser campaign when WE know what it is. Like I said, yes it’s fun, but there’s no reason to keep checking for teasers every 10 minutes. Whether they show up today, tomorrow, a month from now, or on the day of the announcement, the GP won’t care how long time the teasers go on for. In other cases, I feel like it was more of a necessity, especially with MT as it was more hidden and if you didn’t know what was going on, you might not think anything is happening, especially for the first few month. This coaster clearing is big, and can be seen easily from the Eiffel Tower. Many of my GP friends talk to me about it (not knowing what it is of course, but knowing something big is coming). Imo a teasing campaign isn’t necessary to get the word spread that a coaster is coming. Many know that at least something knew will be coming next year.

This is why people have different opinions and I respect that. I am not sure we are getting worked up about it. I think we like seeing them  that is all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

I'm guessing that's a pretty shady street. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

^^Can you do that for Leviathans layout or Intimidator 305, since they are around the same length?   Never heard anyone complain about their length. 

I have absolutely heard people complain about Leviathans length. It's notoriously short.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic