Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

While these songs all fit well, I’d much prefer an original track much in the same way MT got one. IMAScore makes some amazing coaster music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m wondering if that will be the case. That prop house has piqued my interest. The theme might be something to write home about with this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

While these songs all fit well, I’d much prefer an original track much in the same way MT got one. IMAScore makes some amazing coaster music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can pretty much bet this is what's going to happen

No.  You have to put yourself in other's shoes who doesn't care why they tore Firehawk down..  Is there really a rollercoaster missing?  I had no idea..  

Most people will be like this as a family.

The kids will know or remember more than the adults most of the time.

Anyways, since they have a fence blocking the area off, i would assume they are going to wait for the actual teasing portion of it once either people can start to see things rise over the fence or start to see colorful activity form from the Eiffel Tower.  

Seeing a bunch of concrete poured isn't exciting anyone.  People want to see track art since this is a rollercoaster.

If today was the day they started teasing..  It would just start spreading rumors like we all do now so no real point in teasing yet.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JAHill said:

Genuinely curious -- do we think teasing would have started earlier this season if everyone didn't already spoil it for themselves and the local media didn't hound the park so much?

I don't think the park cares at all. they are gonna do whatever they have planned no matter what.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAHill said:

Genuinely curious -- do we think teasing would have started earlier this season if everyone didn't already spoil it for themselves and the local media didn't hound the park so much? 

I highly highly doubt that anything that's happened on this forum has impacted Kings Islands plans regarding unveiling this thing. What have you seen that makes you think the local media is "hounding" the park? Do you think that Kings Island wasn't expecting the media to ask questions when they started clearing a large section of the park and filing blueprints for a new roller coaster? I'd also have to ask, to what end do you think the park would decide to withhold dropping hints about the ride in response to all this? Would it be to punish enthusiasts? Would it be to punish John Materese (who I'm sure they feel does more good than harm by reporting about the park)?

I really do think we should put this idea that we "ruined" the ride for ourselves to bed once and for all. The entire stated purpose of this thread was to figure out what the new coaster was. Maybe it was figured out more quickly than some would have liked, but could that just be because over the past few additions this forum has gotten better at piecing these things together? Should the members of this forum that  did the heavy lifting on this thing ( @fryoj, @BSBMX @Bansheeback, @RuthlessAirtime, @DustinTheNowamong others) have done a worse job?

In any case, this will continue to happen each and every time the park begins construction on something new for the foreseeable future, unless the park decides to change the order in which they do things, or laws change. If Kings Island wants to spill the beans themselves, the only option they really have is to unveil the ride before they file blueprints. Short of doing that, or policy changing somehow regarding these things, this will happen within days of them filing the blueprints every time. I have to assume they know this, and have decided they would rather have the prints get out,  than disrupt their own timeline just to get ahead of coaster enthusiasts .

If you don't want to know the details of the ride before the announcement (which I totally get, btw) your best bet would be to avoid Youtube videos about the subject, r/rollercoasters threads about the subject, and DEFINITELY threads like this.

I know it probably sounds like it, but I'm not trying to be hostile here at all. @JAHill this is not really directed at you, by the way, it's just something that's come up multiple times here, and I'm just unsure of what people on this forum actually want. You can't open up a Decoding thread, then get upset when things get decoded.

There is absolutely something to be said for waiting to find out anything until the announcement, I totally get that and I think anyone that want's to experience it that way should absolutely do so. The good news is, unlike Star Wars or Avengers, there isn't anyone jumping out of their skin to spoil it for you. I know for a fact that the only reason I'm aware of Project X is because I sought this information out. Trust me when I say the vast majority of people around our area, even if they enjoy Kings Island, are almost completely oblivious to all of this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I come here and know that I may get information that is true about the coaster and some that is false but I know I could ruin any surprise element for myself. I mean if you know what you want to see or what you do not want to see. You better stay away if you want to be surprised. I learned that first hand with MT. I'll be honest I didn't expect a Woodie nor did I want a Woodie but we got an amazing coaster.

• Like 4

I just have a different definition of the word "decode" -- which involves the piecing together of subtle clues from the source itself to gather a larger picture and not just getting it all at once with the final plans.

But you're right -- if people want the full picture, they can absolutely get it here and it's my own fault for reading it.

I hope the ride is good and everyone enjoys it. With that said, I'm outta here. These boards ain't for me anymore.

• Like 3

Just catching up and I’d like to say that whole trash can/support thing was hilarious! :lol: Also, to contribute to the hype music, I give you one of Ledger’s new songs (that has an appropriate title):

Sorry I couldn’t find a studio version, but she hasn’t released one yet.

Also, got two other Giga hype songs...

“The Catalyst” makes me think of Millennium Force.

26 minutes ago, JAHill said:

I just have a different definition of the word "decode" -- which involves the piecing together of subtle clues from the source itself to gather a larger picture and not just getting it all at once with the final plans.

But you're right -- if people want the full picture, they can absolutely get it here and it's my own fault for reading it.

I hope the ride is good and everyone enjoys it. With that said, I'm outta here. This ain't for me anymore.

I see where you're coming from. It might be a good idea next time to separate the threads a bit. Maybe have one which only deals with official teasers and one where blueprints are allowed.

EDIT: To put it more simply, maybe a *WARNING SPOILERS* thread and a no spoilers one.

Anyone going into a thread that is specifically designed to figure out what a new ride is absolutely cannot complain that they ... found out what the new ride is. Theres no real way to do a spoiler thread/non-spoiler thread. Even if you do one where you can only talk about what's been officially released or can be seen at the park, people are going to speculate in the non-spoiler thread and people will slip and correct people when they make incorrect speculation. Then you have the whole deal where the spoiler thread goes off the rails and new threads are created for "what's next" and all that. People will wander into those threads and be spoiled. I don't get the need to stretch it out all Summer for some people. Pretty much every coaster at every park gets spoiled at this point. If you want to be completely surprised when the park announces something, message boards aren't a good idea for you. That includes reddit and the park's social media. Even the comments there lay out what's coming. If you want to truly decode, you pretty much need to solo it. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Should the members of this forum that  did the heavy lifting on this thing ( @fryoj, @BSBMX @Bansheeback, @RuthlessAirtime, @DustinTheNowamong others) have done a worse job?

You forgot @Captain Nemo and myself (plus my friend, who wants to stay anonymous)... We could have made the pictures blurry to the point of "cant see anything". lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

• malem locked this topic