Decoding 2020

fryoj

34 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

You forgot @Captain Nemo and myself (plus my friend, who wants to stay anonymous)... We could have made the pictures blurry to the point of "cant see anything". lol

You're absolutely right. How could I forget the spyplane?! Apologies to @Captain Nemo when this thread started I was pretty new and didn't really start to recognize people on here until later on 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was also here to... bring up controversial opinions and... ummm... be the guy to get stoned to death by everyone else... yeah.

Also can’t forget Duffy’s Designs for the *most accurate depiction of the KI giga to not follow the blueprints exactly for creative reasons.

*Note: Most accurate apparently means most accurate scenery. It wasn’t mentioned anywhere but you should OBVIOUSLY know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry for the double post, but I honestly think that it is getting too late to start teasing a new ride. I know I may seem like a buzzkill, but unless the park decides to tease this weekend, I think they will just eventually put posters on the fence saying when the announcement will be. They will also probably send out those invitations to local news outlets with a few hints at the theme. This will probably get the GP’s attention more than regular teasers because people will suddenly wonder what will be announced soon, creating curiosity. I do expect these announcement date posters to somewhat hint at the theme though, like Mystic Timbers’ “What’s lurking in the woods?” followed by the date of the announcement. I don’t see anything more than that, but I am sure the hype will still be present on KIC because everyone will be awaiting and excited for the announcement.

Edit: Not a double post anymore...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Sorry for the double post, but I honestly think that it is getting too late to start teasing a new ride. I know I may seem like a buzzkill, but unless the park decides to tease this weekend, I think they will just eventually put posters on the fence saying when the announcement will be. They will also probably send out those invitations to local news outlets with a few hints at the theme. This will probably get the GP’s attention more than regular teasers because people will suddenly wonder what will be announced soon, creating curiosity. I do expect these announcement date posters to somewhat hint at the theme though, like Mystic Timbers’ “What’s lurking in the woods?” followed by the date of the announcement. I don’t see anything more than that, but I am sure the hype will still be present on KIC because everyone will be awaiting and excited for the announcement.

Edit: Not a double post anymore...

Paul aris kills Ferdinand Hawkins and takes all of his land

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I highly highly doubt that anything that's happened on this forum has impacted Kings Islands plans regarding unveiling this thing. 

This may or may not be the case. However, I would not underestimate the effects of this "decoding".

Over the last 25+ years we've went from most people maybe seeing a TV commercial or a newspaper ad of the new ride. Then came full ride POVs and full layouts released on the park's time. Now we have people digging up blueprints and posting them online before the previous season is even underway.

I have assumed that speculation is good for business and subsequently early disclosure is bad for it. Every park at least acts as if this is the case. Logically it makes sense. One of the last things a park want to do is give someone a reason for not renewing the family's passes. "Let's just wait until the coaster." Once the habit is broken who knows if they'll come back. It's the same reason car companies don't talk about the upcoming all new 2020 model when the (5 year old design) 2019 model is still on the lots.

There are two possible pathways in the future that I can forsee:

1) There will no longer be speculation when it comes to new KI rides

OR

2) something will change with the policies/ordinances when it comes to new rider construction.

• Like 3

Hey all, I’ve been gone from the forum for about three weeks. Would a kind soul catch me up on if anything important was learned during that time? Also, what does the site look like currently? Thank you.

• Like 1

The year before Leviathan opened, CW folks didn't even know for sure there was a coaster coming yet at this point. There was construction, but no footers yet and definitely no teasers or anouncements for anouncements yet. I think it was still a week or two away from teasers on 7/11 that year. Still time, enjoy the Antiques.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Logan said:

Hey all, I’ve been gone from the forum for about three weeks. Would a kind soul catch me up on if anything important was learned during that time? Also, what does the site look like currently? Thank you.

Umm, we learned the track is blue and supports a very light grey/white, that people really don't like 'spoilers', and that most of KIC's members don't have the best taste in music.

Also, brake run, transfer track and station footings are nearing complete with more underway. Recent pics are in the Project X Construction Updates thread, and you can find video on the WildGravity Travels YouTube channel.

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Not gonna lie, stranger things theme would sound great as station music: 

I think they have a partnership with universal. I was thinking this same thing and have the whole coaster based on the Upside Down. It sucks that universal has this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Hey guys, there’s been a lot of people that have contributed quite a bit to this thread and decoding in general.  But the constant attempts to pay yourselves on the back is a bad look.  Carry on.

There is a big difference between doing something everyone can do versus something very few can do. Taking pictures of CSF from the road, and taking pictures from the ET is something everyone can do. Being able to properly read blueprints/form them into a ride in NL, and being able to fly around the park, etc, isnt something everyone can do. That's where my comment came from. And I do appriciate everyone's work together on this... Carry on  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

There is a big difference between doing something everyone can do versus something very few can do. Taking pictures of CSF from the road, and taking pictures from the ET is something everyone can do. Being able to properly read blueprints/form them into a ride in NL, and being able to fly around the park, etc, isnt something everyone can do. That's where my comment came from. And I do appriciate everyone's work together on this... Carry on  

Im just amazed at how talented all of you are at this! Its made it very enjoyable for myself and I'm sure many others. This definitely isn't my speciality, but I enjoy learning from you guys. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Im just amazed at how talented all of you are at this! Its made it very enjoyable for myself and I'm sure many others. This definitely isn't my speciality, but I enjoy learning from you guys. 

I will say I do get excited to get to work and log on to see what I missed over night haha. Weather it be people bickering or newly released blueprints or teasers. I would call all of you my friends and its fun!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think from a prior post someone has they had all footer's marked out. They may be getting ready to pour all of those.

I was on beast a couple days ago and you could see they did have all the markers for the turn around and on racer you could see all of them

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BeastlyKI said:

Nothing new to report today from Kings Island but while I was walking back to my car I saw a truck driving through the parking lot carry a large amount of rebar. So that’s something.

Probs a dumb question, but how do they get giant supports and track and rebar all the way back there? 

5 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Probs a dumb question, but how do they get giant supports and track and rebar all the way back there? 

There are service roads the start in the front of the park and the just drive them back there and drop them off. You  can see trucks on Banshee cam. I saw a lot of dump trucks and cement trucks while watching.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

They have two access roads to this back area. I'm guessing they'd take the red-dashed road since it's right off the highway, which would agree with what @Maverick44 is saying about webcam activity. 

3B979848-64C0-45DF-B307-547C571BE6B3.jpeg

• Like 3

I agree, thanks to everyone who has been involved in the air, on the ground, on the tower, etc. I can't make it to the park but once or twice a year in the recent past but hope to increase my time starting in 2020, so I live my excitement through your eyes and ears and for that I say thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic