Decoding 2020

fryoj

18 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

They have two access roads to this back area. I'm guessing they'd take the red-dashed road since it's right off the highway, which would agree with what @Maverick44 is saying about webcam activity. 

I have the cam cam's up all day while  I am at work. People ask me is that live and I say duh lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BSBMX said:

They have two access roads to this back area. I'm guessing they'd take the red-dashed road since it's right off the highway, which would agree with what @Maverick44 is saying about webcam activity. 

3B979848-64C0-45DF-B307-547C571BE6B3.jpeg

The Yellow Path isn't paved the whole way, or at least wasn't in 2011.  I know for reasons that I shouldn't from working there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

If i’m not mistaken, Universal Orlando is going to have a Stranger Things-themed HHN house this fall.

They had it last year as well.  I went through it a couple of times.  I thought it was really well done.  It's in the front of the park, in the green space in front of their Universal Amphitheatre replica.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gabe said:

They had it last year as well.  I went through it a couple of times.  I thought it was really well done.  It's in the front of the park, in the green space in front of their Universal Amphitheatre replica.

They are so lucky to gain that IP.

Umm, we learned the track is blue and supports a very light grey/white, that people really don't like 'spoilers', and that most of KIC's members don't have the best taste in music.

Also, brake run, transfer track and station footings are nearing complete with more underway. Recent pics are in the Project X Construction Updates thread, and you can find video on the WildGravity Travels YouTube channel.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Figured it would be something like that. I think on a coaster like this they start going up the lift hill then complete the course. At least that's what happened with Fury I think.

I think if it were Intamin, you would know exactly how they did it. :ph34r::P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

They are so lucky to gain that IP.

They also did a POLTERGEIST maze recently, from which the first season of STRANGER THINGS (as well as Insidious) borrows heavily*. (IMO It is also one of the best haunted house movies ever made.)

Ironically, they own the rights to some of the most iconic horror characters of all time, but are having the toughest time bringing them back to theaters. 

*Although technically POLTERGEIST borrowed from the "Little Girl Lost" episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As you can see, the footer digging machine is out where the first turn is. 

IMG_20190711_195902478.jpg

The pier drilling machine looks a bit shy of the first turn, but I have to wonder if it's there for the new compressor building? The building would be tied to the electrical grid, part of the released blueprints. As of Monday of this week, there were no new blueprints for further pier/footing work (for the coaster), but I could see them potentially working on the compressor building right now. 

I'd estimate the pier drilling machine is somewhere in this yellow circle, which is about where the compressor building is. 

62C8566E-BA80-45BF-A0B3-6C7CE2370C86.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

The pier drilling machine looks a bit shy of the first turn, but I have to wonder if it's there for the new compressor building? The building would be tied to the electrical grid, part of the released blueprints. As of Monday of this week, there were no new blueprints for further pier/footing work (for the coaster), but I could see them potentially working on the compressor building right now. 

I'd estimate the pier drilling machine is somewhere in this yellow circle, which is about where the compressor building is. 

Theres nothing in a compressor building that would need a pier drilling machine. They'd dig a footer with an excavator or mini ex and call it a day. They probably just have it parked there so it's out of the way. 

• Like 1

I was just wondering, but has the park even acknowledged that they tore Firehawk down yet? After last season when it closed, I have not heard them mention it once. Kind of funny how they are not speaking about it when it is so obvious. LOL! Correct me if I am wrong though...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I was just wondering, but has the park even acknowledged that they tore Firehawk down yet? After last season when it closed, I have not heard them mention it once. Kind of funny how they are not speaking about it when it is so obvious. LOL! Correct me if I am wrong though...

Double post- I just realized, since x-base and Flight of Fear are sort of Area 51 themed, they could be acting like this is a top secret thing and acting like it’s something Out of this world they want no one to know about but we will eventually know like in real life... just a thought 

17 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

They mentioned the station once. The "what do you think we will do with the station" post. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fryoj said:

They mentioned the station once. The "what do you think we will do with the station" post. 

I do recall that, but they never gave deconstruction updates or anything like they did with Son of Beast. I found it surprising how quiet they were about Firehawk’s demolition, considering how much the park hyped it up before it finally closed.

15 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Come enjoy Kings Island this summer! We have the New KMAA, Grand Carnivale, and we tore down Firehawk last year so there's one less coaster! Come on, It's great in here! #KIBestday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Come enjoy Kings Island this summer! We have the New KMAA, Grand Carnivale, and we torn down Firehawk last year so there's one less coaster! Come on, It's great in here! #KIBestday.

That is true, but they obviously would not advertise that they removed a coaster. I am just a little surprised they did not mention much about its deconstruction on the park’s social media. I don’t think it would harm the park in any way because those who follow Kings Island’s social media also know that Firehawk is closed forever.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That is true, but they obviously would not advertise that they removed a coaster. I am just a little surprised they did not mention much about its deconstruction on the park’s social media. I don’t think it would harm the park in any way because those who follow Kings Island’s social media also know that Firehawk is closed forever.

lol I was just trying to make a joke. Not sure why they haven't said more about it.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic