Decoding 2020

fryoj

15 hours ago, fryoj said:

Theres nothing in a compressor building that would need a pier drilling machine. They'd dig a footer with an excavator or mini ex and call it a day. They probably just have it parked there so it's out of the way. 

Yea you're right about not needing a huge foundation for the compressor room. They moved it quite a distance (from where the old Firehawk trains are) just to get it out of the way, though. Maybe the next leg of foundation work will start somewhere over there, whenever that begins. 

9 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

This dude some how flew his drone over Kong’s island and got pretty good footage of the construction but idk. And also thought can see a semi truck leaving the construction  area Source -

Yea! I saw that last night and wanted to post it here but figured it would be taken down quickly. This past Sunday, a user here posted either drone footage and/or pics but it got quickly taken down before I could even see it. I'm wondering if this video is the same person's content. While it's cool, it is several days old (the T-shaped footing had not yet been poured in that video). Kinda curious how long your link to that video is going to stay on this thread...

Last night, WGT also posted their 12th update. Nothing huge but some cool updates. Despite what he says in the video, there's at least one footing left to be poured in the station (in green), and the lift's beginning backbone looks ready to have its form installed around the rebar (in yellow). 

B93CA966-4097-4371-A13E-6F6B2FF5A7BB.jpeg

The drop's backbone footing has still yet to see any activity recently. The near-ground rebar has still get to be placed. 

spacer.png7069E793-98A6-40A8-967A-8514B989A1D7.jpeg

The L13L footing now has its rebar in place as well, waiting to get forms put up around it. Also, there's a furry friend walking around at the 2:15 mark in the video!

772B79F3-C159-47E6-B865-E4590222B237.jpeg

B2E2734F-4ABC-4806-AB61-33E777525476.jpeg

Last, they're taking up existing slabs of concrete from the dino walkway to prep for piers/footings for the helix area. 

128BB0FA-45C6-47F8-85A6-9D753985419F.jpeg

388F5802-8C7F-4975-8757-9709D3A38371.jpeg

Here's a link to his site and video. He noted several future pier/footing markings as well, not shown in his video. 

http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/kings-island-2020-update-12/

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am not so sure about his.....how is anyone going to get back to it? haha

Trams...

5 hours ago, APE said:

He says it legal in the video description but I’m pretty sure it’s not because Kings Island has a no drone policy and that looks to clearly go over the parks land. 

Park policy does not make it illegal. If they found out who it was they could ban them from the park, but they couldn't press charges. I don't see anything expressly illegal in the video as he never goes over people and is probably in view of the drone at all times. 

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

WOW how in the world is that drone footage still allowed on here haha. He got all up in the park. I almost thought towards the end he was gonna fly over to Vortex lol

Mods haven't seen it yet. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

Trams...

Park policy does not make it illegal. If they found out who it was they could ban them from the park, but they couldn't press charges. I don't see anything expressly illegal in the video as he never goes over people and is probably in view of the drone at all times. 

Mods haven't seen it yet. 

I should have said not allowed by Kings Island standards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoF96" said:

If there was a large RMC in that exact spot, I doubt there would be any woods to speak of other than the structure.

Fair...but my hack map skills show that that wooded plot is almost twice the area taken up by Steel Vengeance...so maybe they could spread it out, leave a decent amount of trees, and use the terrain. A man can dream.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

Fair...but my hack map skills show that that wooded plot is almost twice the area taken up by Steel Vengeance...so maybe they could spread it out, leave a decent amount of trees, and use the terrain. A man can dream.

Voyage, Steel Vengeance, Son of Beast have a baby in that plot of land. Lift of Son of Beast, close to ground and the trees like voyage, inversions in the structure like SV. Oh and throw RMCs first vertical loop for shiz and giggles. Boom. Not responsible for any people Blown away. 

EDIT: Posted it at the same time as you Hawaiian Coasters 325 sorry :/

Edited by JonahWilliamson
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I hate to be that guy, but we have a thread on the next coaster at Kings Island. 

My bad...I'd been thinking about it and that rescinded drone footage gave such a great view that I couldn't help it.

19 hours ago, Joshua said:

They also did a POLTERGEIST maze recently, from which the first season of STRANGER THINGS (as well as Insidious) borrows heavily*. (IMO It is also one of the best haunted house movies ever made.)

Ironically, they own the rights to some of the most iconic horror characters of all time, but are having the toughest time bringing them back to theaters. 

*Although technically POLTERGEIST borrowed from the "Little Girl Lost" episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. 

I also went through that maze a couple of times as well.  When I got there, it was close to pouring, but since they clear the park between closing and HHN, there are basically only a couple of indoor holding areas, which are a couple of the restaurants along the NY section of the park, which filled up fast.  Once the park reopened, there was a long line for Poltergeist, but not for ST ironically.  It began pouring, so by the time I made it under the overhang, about 20 minutes later (the maze was housed in a soundstage), I was soaked!  It was worth it, however, because IMO, this was the best maze of the event, hands down.  I found that the smaller mazes towards the back in temp Quonset huts (like Blumhouse) were just meh.

• malem locked this topic