Decoding 2020

fryoj

I wonder if perhaps we've had teasers in plain sight for a while. There's a wall near The Racer and the antique cars painted with store fronts. We have Halley's Coffee....Skylab Cafe....and Zodiac books. I think most of us are expecting a space theme for this ride and if that's correct I suppose these would make sense as teasers. It certainly does beg the question why there would be so many references to space and perhaps constellations in coney mall and right by the antique cars. I got to talking with a park employee for a while I was there last night and they confirmed that the painting of that wall with those store fronts was a more recent addition, though I should have asked when that was added. I put a pic below so everyone can see what I'm talking about. 

0711192112.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Itsintheshed said:

I wonder if perhaps we've had teasers in plain sight for a while. There's a wall near The Racer and the antique cars painted with store fronts. We have Halley's Coffee....Skylab Cafe....and Zodiac books. I think most of us are expecting a space theme for this ride and if that's correct I suppose these would make sense as teasers. It certainly does beg the question why there would be so many references to space and perhaps constellations in coney mall and right by the antique cars. I got to talking with a park employee for a while I was there last night and they confirmed that the painting of that wall with those store fronts was a more recent addition, though I should have asked when that was added. I put a pic below so everyone can see what I'm talking about. 

0711192112.jpg

The store fronts where there on opening day, i have a video up on youtube and photos from back in April.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

This was obviously not park approved or followed park policy footage. I have removed the embeded video. Thanks for your understanding.

This kind of stuff is what drives people to Facebook and other sites for information and updates rather than here.  Of course Kings Island doesn’t want drone footage released of their property.  But the video didn’t violate any laws.  So what’s the big deal?  At what point does this site stop being the internet’s leading KI fan site and starts becoming the unofficial mouthpiece of Kings Island PR?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

The store fronts where there on opening day, i have a video up on youtube and photos from back in April.

So perhaps their teaser campaign started on opening day? Could be why we're not seeing any now, they already put up the teasers. Presuming these actually are indeed teasers. 

13 minutes ago, Itsintheshed said:

So perhaps their teaser campaign started on opening day? Could be why we're not seeing any now, they already put up the teasers. Presuming these actually are indeed teasers. 

You are looking way too much into those store fronts, IMO. 

• Like 2

Those names reference former rides at the park, I'd say it's more of a nostalgia nod than a teaser.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Itsintheshed said:

0711192112.jpg

It’s defunct rides. It’s just dressing up a hideous eyesore to make it look nice next to Antiques, nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

This kind of stuff is what drives people to Facebook and other sites for information and updates rather than here.  Of course Kings Island doesn’t want drone footage released of their property.  But the video didn’t violate any laws.  So what’s the big deal?  At what point does this site stop being the internet’s leading KI fan site and starts becoming the unofficial mouthpiece of Kings Island PR?

This forum is not willing to break the rules set by the park why is this hard to understand. TPR does the same especially with Cedar Point. These sites want to maintain a good relationship with parks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, APE said:

This forum is not willing to break the rules set by the park why is this hard to understand. TPR does the same especially with Cedar Point. These sites want to maintain a good relationship with parks.

The park isn't acknowledging the new coaster construction. Should we not talk about it either? Wheres the line? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

The park isn't acknowledging the new coaster construction. Should we not talk about it either? Wheres the line? 

Where the property line begins as they clearly state no flying of drones over their property

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, APE said:

Where the property line begins as they clearly state no flying of drones over their property

Not sure if you are oblivious to the point or are intentionally ignoring it, but as to your answer, the park has no legal standing for that rule. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Totally agree with this.

13 minutes ago, APE said:

That could be a real problem for the guy that flew the drone, if he got caught. Surely Kings Island doesn't have any say on what kinds of links we can post here. If they want moderation control over a Kings Island web forum, they can always start their own. 

• Like 1

I don’t want drones flying over my property either.  Do I get to tell people not to do so?  Nope.  Kings Island is no different than any other property owner.  It appears the drone operator followed every applicable law and regulation.  Again, at times I wonder whether this is truly an independent site, or actually controlled by KI PR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

It’s defunct rides. It’s just dressing up a hideous eyesore to make it look nice next to Antiques, nothing more and nothing less.

I don't disagree that those store fronts could very easily be references to defunct rides, all three of the ones I mentioned correspond to a now defunct ride. Though they had a pretty lengthy list of defunct rides that could have been referenced (I posted a link above). So why stack the deck with so many that have something to do with space? It's rather curious. I suppose it could just be coincidence though. 

• Like 1

My concern isn’t so much Kings Island’s useless drone policy (since they can’t do a darn thing about them), it’s this site’s constant catering to their whims.  Is this an independent site, or is it not?  Because if Kings Island PR is calling all the shots, then they own you.  Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

No I'm using this because clearly Kings Island doesn't allow drones over the park at all. 

Right, and what I'm saying is that's not what's at issue here. KIC didn't fly a drone over the park. A member of the forum linked to a Youtube video that showed someone flying a drone over the park.  Enforcing park rules is not the job of this website.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Right, and what I'm saying is that's not what's at issue here. KIC didn't fly a drone over the park. A member of the forum linked to a Youtube video that showed someone flying a drone over the park.  Enforcing park rules is not the job of this website.

Agreed - this is supposed to be an independent site.  But it clearly is not if Kings Island PR is calling all the shots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know, sometimes people just want to push the envelope. If the park has a policy, I follow it. It doesn't matter to me if it is on firm or shakey legal ground. If that's what the park wants, why go against their wishes? By extension, this site agrees with the parks wishes. So naturally, they are going to moderate with those wishes in mind. For those who don't like that, it may be time to accept that or move on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic