Decoding 2020

fryoj

I'm sure opening weekend for this ride will be crazy busy if the weather is nice like the openings for the last two coasters. I wonder if they'll use the chaos building as an overflow queue like how they used the crypt building for MT. But that probably won't be enough. If I were to take a guess, the line will stretch to the Eiffel Tower.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

This kind of stuff is what drives people to Facebook and other sites for information and updates rather than here.  Of course Kings Island doesn’t want drone footage released of their property.  But the video didn’t violate any laws.  So what’s the big deal?  At what point does this site stop being the internet’s leading KI fan site and starts becoming the unofficial mouthpiece of Kings Island PR?

On the contrary, if we are as you say the internet's leading KI fan site, we have an obligation when teaching moments arise to educate the general public on what is acceptable and not acceptable.  Let's face it, I suspect more people read this forum than they do any sign in front of a ride or the information on a paper map or in the app.  Unfortunately, most are ignorant of park policies until they violate one and someone says something.

If someone is reading this forum and sees a post from a moderator that says a POV was removed because it is illegal under Ohio Revised Code 1711.551, MAYBE, just MAYBE it may prevent someone from doing the same.  Maybe the person they prevented doing so happens to have slippery hands and would have been in front of you on your next ride at the park.

Look at the ice cream licking that has gone viral and all the copycats.  If we can play our small part to prevent copycats from doing POVs and drones being flown over while the park is in operation, we may just save a life in the process. 

Let's face it, if drone videos keep popping up and even if they were done legally as many on here are claiming, eventually someone will do something stupid and will fly a drone during park operating hours and try to get that really cool shot of a train cresting Diamondback and be too close and hit the train and cause serious injuries.  There are enough people out there looking for their 15 minutes of fame...

If we, as a fan site, inform our readers that it is against park policy to fly a drone over the park, maybe it prevents the naïve young teen from taking their cool toy in trying to get that cool video...  Most of us probably are not worried about the person that is responsible and professional and will fly the drone in accordance to all applicable laws and regulations, it is the person that is ignorant to these same laws and regulations that are the concern.  The park policy was probably developed with that person in mind.  Let's hope it doesn't take a catastrophe at an amusement park with a drone to cause the FAA to ban the airspace...but that is where we as a society are heading...

Heck, even in clearly restricted FAA airspace people are already doing it (Google near misses and drones hitting planes and drones in restricted airspace), so it is only a matter of time before it happens at an amusement park...

16 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

They could drop a video that day that shows a group of KI enthusiasts who after spending months feverishly "decoding" the new ride become so obsessed with figuring out the name of the ride they band together to storm the Cedar Fair offices. They can't stop us all.

.....or we could JUST DO IT!!! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

aAAHhh TEAseR..... jk

FFC06056-A0AE-4152-8E07-7EE27C8CF166.png

Guys, I had to create an account just to quote the above photo. Get on topic, and not lame FAA. So this is my thoughts on this. He is talking about his shadow, which I believe is a Peter Pan reference. Peter Pan was from Neverland, which was in what star? The North. Which is named "Polaris." Do you think this could be true? Or am I over thinkin it. Lol =D 

• Like 4

^No. I think he’s showing support for the troops marching on Area 51. He’s emphasizing how although we may seem like just a shadow at the moment, if enough group together, we could form the full man, the full team, behind the camera and come out victorious.

Let’s march on Area 51 and find the second half of our giga! Who’s with me!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Getting back to the topic of the mural near Antique Autos, I find it interesting that Zodiac is mentioned at least 2 or 3 times in the area (most while riding the Autos). It did bother me (as I wondered why advertisements for Zodiac would be used in such quick succession), but there could also be another reason why Zodiac is referenced so frequently. Time will tell...

Hmm, I don’t know...maybe because it used to stand on that plot of land?

• Like 1

Guys, I think this is a teaser. They know what we're thinking? Obviously referring to us here on KIC. How could cotton candy get any better? Substitute "the vast and diverse Kings Island roller coaster collection" with "cotton candy" and the question is very clear. Unique flavors, meaning the "unique" elements on the new giga. Speaks to you? We're getting an animatronic as well. It's not even going to be just a coaster. We're getting a dark ride.

I can't believe KI would think they could pull a fast one on us. We are too smart.

End the teasing already, guys.

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.36.53 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I really don’t think the park is going to tease at all. I think it is too late to start a whole campaign now. Hopefully that means an early announcement though. Shortly, the park will simply set the date for an announcement, and that will be it.

Also... I hope I am not jinxing myself...

• Like 1

Kings Island doesn’t get to dictate what happens in “its” airspace (no matter how much they really, really want to believe they do), but the FAA does. It’s been posted here before, but there are rules and restrictions imposed by the FAA for flying a drone over areas where people are gathered. What those entail and if the videos posted here actually violate any FAA rules, I don’t know. Someone else can jump in on that. 

If you wanna see the footage, just google “Kings Island drone.” 

As for KIC removing the videos—if you want them backstage Beast tours, you gotta play ball. 

• Like 4

KIGA update: so yesterday at about late morning and early afternoon (both after my daily morning check), both the ORION and POLARIS trademarks got an update.

After the initial application, the first step on the  USPTO side is for each application to get assigned an examiner and have an initial database search (to see if these new trademarks could potentially be confused or infringe upon existing trademarks). Yesterday, both trademark applications had that happen. These are called "XSearch Search Summary" if you wish to look them up. 

Comparing both Orion's and Polaris' search results to Hangtime or Copperhead Strike doesn't really reveal much. Even the original "Fury" application, which got temporarily refused due to "likelihood of confusion" with another existing trademark, looks similar at this point, so I cannot see any indication for approval or refusal at this stage. 

BUT, if I use HT or CHS's applications as reference, then we should see additional updates to both Polaris' and Orion's applications next week. The examiner will send a letter to CF for both trademark applications with results in their search, which will then tell us about initial acceptance or refusal for both. Over the next month or so, I expect to see several updates to both trademark applications. If either gets refused, then can could signal that CF will abandon that trademark, or modify it slightly (similar to what changed "Fury" into "Fury 325"). 

I cannot link to what I'm viewing because it's an active search (and would only show "SEARCH EXPIRED" on your end), so you'll need to search it on your own if you're interested. One of my past posts in this thread goes into detail of how to do this, if you're interested. Shown below are screenshots of the initial search results. Note how complex their search is, even including misspellings and slightly different spellings of the words. 

D6DCAA7C-F401-421A-B325-31E91DB3155E.png

1CEB77B8-0505-41CE-9A0C-C1D7115FF64C.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Talking about Halloween Haunt for the new area. Gotta say it would be sick for a, "Escape From Area 51." Type deal. Running through a maze with broken/busted science beakers, observation capsules, like FOF's Alien tube thingys. Big'ol grey aliens spooking ya! =D All the while seeing Orion/Polaris behind the veil of fog, it's going to be so epic! =D 

• Like 2

Honestly, for those who missed it, the drone footage didn't show anything that we haven't seen already. It's more of a philosophical discussion at this point. 

12 hours ago, jdawg1998 said:

Guys, I think this is a teaser. They know what we're thinking? Obviously referring to us here on KIC. How could cotton candy get any better? Substitute "the vast and diverse Kings Island roller coaster collection" with "cotton candy" and the question is very clear. Unique flavors, meaning the "unique" elements on the new giga. Speaks to you? We're getting an animatronic as well. It's not even going to be just a coaster. We're getting a dark ride.

I can't believe KI would think they could pull a fast one on us. We are too smart.

End the teasing already, guys.

Can't wait for that new Alfredo loop. 

• Like 4

Speaking of theming for this coaster, I hope they go all out in theming for this kinda like Copperhead Strike. The Quonset hut in the queue says prop building on the blueprints, so hopefully that means some type of prop. Like maybe a spacecraft prop could be inside it. Maybe could be part of the reason they aren't going all out in the coaster stats and layout because of them spending a good amount of money on the theming. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

When do you think the park will set a day for the new ride’s announcement?

Reasonably soon I would guess. Was just watching some of the old teasers for steal vengeance, and the one for RMC Gwazi...My god KIGiga is coming in with a whimper by comparison. I really hope the announcement is pretty awesome.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Reasonably soon I would guess. Was just watching some of the old teasers for steal vengeance, and the one for RMC Gwazi...My god KIGiga is coming in with a whimper by comparison. I really hope the announcement is pretty awesome.

It is surprising the park is not even teasing this new ride when almost every other park in the history of adding new coaster has done so, no matter the circumstances. It would be kind of funny if there isn’t even an announcement, and a 300 foot rollercoaster appears next year. The GP will think they moved Diamondback to where Firehawk was.

Edit: The coaster is 296 feet, not 300... LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

They'd market it as a 301 foot drop if I were to take a guess. Heck, maybe they'll just say it's 301 feet tall when only the drop is 301 feet tall. 

I think we're all fairly confident that's what they'll do. Just a goof.

• Like 1

^That is likely.

10 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

In all fairness, SV's first teaser was a fake lumberjack fake-chopping at Mean Streak, and RMC Gwazi's teasers have consisted of a sad NL2 rendering and some text. An involved teaser campaign isn't necessary, but I do kind of hope to see some trolling a la what happened with the fake Bat Wing Rider ahead of Banshee.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic