Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

^That is likely.

In all fairness, SV's first teaser was a fake lumberjack fake-chopping at Mean Streak, and RMC Gwazi's teasers have consisted of a sad NL2 rendering and some text. An involved teaser campaign isn't necessary, but I do kind of hope to see some trolling a la what happened with the fake Bat Wing Rider ahead of Banshee.

I liked the Gwazi one going back through all the coaster additions, would have been cool to see something like that with this.

7 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

^That is likely.

In all fairness, SV's first teaser was a fake lumberjack fake-chopping at Mean Streak, and RMC Gwazi's teasers have consisted of a sad NL2 rendering and some text. An involved teaser campaign isn't necessary, but I do kind of hope to see some trolling a la what happened with the fake Bat Wing Rider ahead of Banshee.

Speaking of fake pages on Kings Island’s website, I recently spent about an hour seeing if they had any work done on a new webpage for this coaster by editing the url to include keywords like “Orion” and “Polaris” among others. I have seen this method work with things is the past before a new product launches or something, but I was unsuccessful. The park will definitely create a page for this new ride on their website, but I am assuming this will be done closer to the announcement. Often times, the new page is out there, but the website doesn’t have a link to it. Thus, why you have to enter the exact url to the page. Who knows, I may have just been overthinking this, and I am speaking nonsense...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Speaking of fake pages on Kings Island’s website, I recently spent about an hour seeing if they had any work done on a new webpage for this coaster by editing the url to include keywords like “Orion” and “Polaris” among others. I have seen this method work with things is the past before a new product launches or something, but I was unsuccessful. The park will definitely create a page for this new ride on their website, but I am assuming this will be done closer to the announcement. Often times, the new page is out there, but the website doesn’t have a link to it. Thus, why you have to enter the exact url to the page. Who knows, I may have just been overthinking this, and I am speaking nonsense...

Gotta say though, the actual Coaster pages after the announcement are always a nice treat. I love spending all day taking peeks at the Live feed. "Hopefully they make one for it after announced." This one will be none the less sick! =)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

The thing is your not gonna look at this roller coaster and say, “That’s 296 feet tall” they are just probably gonna announce it at 300

This. There just is no way for the average person to know or be able to tell. And honestly, even though it does irk me a little bit too, 4 feet is just nothing on a 300 ft coaster. Plus your eye level will be at 300 ft so I'd bet money they are just gonna call it 300 even 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

This. There just is no way for the average person to know or be able to tell. And honestly, even though it does irk me a little bit too, 4 feet is just nothing on a 300 ft coaster. Plus your eye level will be at 300 ft so I'd bet money they are just gonna call it 300 even 

Yeah when your going down the drop your not going to notice the 4 feet diference

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wonder if they will classify it as a hyper or a giga coaster. YouTube comments seem to be mixed. I'm leaning towards giga because the drop is 301 feet and the park stated they asked CF for a giga coaster. So it's basically "they asked for a giga, they got a giga!" Simple. 

A giga because it IS a giga. Everything I can find online (which wasn't that much) says a giga is a coaster with a drop OR lift 300+ ft and that the other, lift or drop) has to also be 300+ ft OR within 10% difference.

So for example -

a drop of 320 with a 290 lift is still a giga, a drop of 350 with a lift of 290 is NOT a giga even though it's bigger because there is more than a 10% difference in height 

• Like 1

The only thing that may keep them from claiming it's 300 feet tall or greater is how it will be viewed from the ET. I may have gotten numbers mixed up, but hadn't it been determined that 296 feet was from the zero point of 740 feet elevation? So 1,036 feet above sea level? The view from the 264 foot deck of ET would be within a foot or two of that if you're standing up. 301 foot tall WindSeeker would peak at about 1,050 feet, and even sits about 90 feet closer to ET.

So basically this will be noticeably shorter than the 301 foot WS sitting close by. But a 301 foot drop is still a big drop, and will be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turtlepower said:

The only thing that may keep them from claiming it's 300 feet tall or greater is how it will be viewed from the ET. I may have gotten numbers mixed up, but hadn't it been determined that 296 feet was from the zero point of 740 feet elevation? So 1,036 feet above sea level? The view from the 264 foot deck of ET would be within a foot or two of that if you're standing up. 301 foot tall WindSeeker would peak at about 1,050 feet, and even sits about 90 feet closer to ET.

So basically this will be noticeably shorter than the 301 foot WS sitting close by. But a 301 foot drop is still a big drop, and will be a lot of fun.

265 feet is the lower deck. 275 feet is the top deck. 296 feet is about 20 feet higher than where you are standing on the tower if on the top deck. If on lower deck, it's about 30 feet higher. I'm guessing this giga and WindSeeker from viewpoint would look about the same height wise. 

265 feet is the lower deck. 275 feet is the top deck. 296 feet is about 20 feet higher than where you are standing on the tower if on the top deck. If on lower deck, it's about 30 feet higher. I'm guessing this giga and WindSeeker from viewpoint would look about the same height wise. 

I just came back to list the elevation but I'm too late, good catch. The difference is that ET sits at 765 feet above sea level and WS is at 749. I'm using Google Earth for those numbers. So that's why I thought it would end up looking shorter. They're building it on the lowest elevation in the park.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

I just came back to list the elevation but I'm too late, good catch. The difference is that ET sits at 765 feet above sea level and WS is at 749. I'm using Google Earth for those numbers. So that's why I thought it would end up looking shorter. They're building it on the lowest elevation in the park.

I'm wondering now is what would the height of this coaster be if they were building it on a higher elevation? 

Also sorry for double post

I'm wondering now is what would the height of this coaster be if they were building it on a higher elevation? 

I mean...I'm not sure why anyone would care about that. Is that something they typically play with to arrive at the advertised height?

36 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wonder if they will classify it as a hyper or a giga coaster. YouTube comments seem to be mixed. I'm leaning towards giga because the drop is 301 feet and the park stated they asked CF for a giga coaster. So it's basically "they asked for a giga, they got a giga!" Simple. 

Hyper and Giga are just made up terms. As far as the manufacturer is concerned it's a Mega Coaster. KI could call it a Super Dooper Strata Coaster and theres no one out there that could officially say they are wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It wouldn't change anything. It's 296 from station footer to top of the lift. They could build it on the beach or on a mountain and it would be 296 ft. The steel doesn't know what the elevation is.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I really hope we get some teasers soon or new footer blueprints to decode. This thread is getting unbearable with all the trivial arguments.

Fly your drones all you want but this site has already made clear they can’t be posted here.

There will be teasers. KI wouldn’t build their largest coaster ever and not tease it. That’s not how things work nowadays. There is an expectation of teasers with social media and they won’t fail us. It doesn’t matter who knows what, they will want to generate excitement for season pass sales next year.

Fury 325 didn’t start teasing til July 7th. I know we’re all excited but give it time.

• Like 4

Complains about arguments

Restarts the argument.

Dude, no one here flew a drone. No one here is in any way unclear on what the site has said the rules are. The argument was about a disagreement with said rules. On the one hand, we have people who think this site caters too heavily to what the park wants, despite the fact that it's an independent site. On the other, we have people such as you (I assume) who are obviously fine with it and don't agree there is an issue, which is fine. The argument was over. Don't complain that everyone is arguing and it's so "trivial" and then jump in to try to get the last word like it's going to help anything.

• Like 3

Hey guys and gals. We should do what I did, and simply state how we'll love to see it in the skyline at night during Halloween Haunt! =D Yet it went unrecognized. Seems it's simply full of people wanting what we know will come eventually, (teasers). Just be patient, we've all waited in the lines of these rides.=)

• Like 3

Complains about arguments

Restarts the argument.

Dude, no one here flew a drone. No one here is in any way unclear on what the site has said the rules are. The argument was about a disagreement with said rules. On the one hand, we have people who think this site caters too heavily to what the park wants, despite the fact that it's an independent site. On the other, we have people such as you (I assume) who are obviously fine with it and don't agree there is an issue, which is fine. The argument was over. Don't complain that everyone is arguing and it's so "trivial" and then jump in to try to get the last word like it's going to help anything.

It’s trivial arguments that have been going on for probably over 100 pages. Quit whining about the rules. There are plenty of other internet sites and ways to search for things that aren’t posted here. My bad that I haven’t checked this for a couple days and now I’m “reigniting” something.

Apparently you must be new to this site and not have seen how it used to be moderated. I’m shocked at many of the things I’ve seen posted here since this thread opened. It’s all over the place and nearly nothing at this point has to do with decoding.

I was all for the original decoding and figuring out what this thing is but the last 100 pages have just been nonsense and it gets difficult to read.

Hence why I’m hoping we get teasers or new blueprints soon so we can actually have something to talk about.

8 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Quit whining about the rules. There are plenty of other internet sites and ways to search for things that aren’t posted here. My bad that I haven’t checked this for a couple days and now I’m “reigniting” something.

First of all, this argument has been going on since before I actually made my account. (I've been lurking for a couple years). First example I saw of it was during the I-Street thread so there's clearly some tension regarding that stuff.  Secondly, if you don't want there to be people arguing in the thread a good policy might not be to show up, continue the argument, and tell people to shut up. Your whining about this isn't any better than anyone "whining" about the rules. By many accounts the moderation here used to be pretty ridiculous (giving people warnings for misspelling ride names and nonsense like that) so I guess I'm glad I wasn't here during that time.

8 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Hence why I’m hoping we get teasers or new blueprints soon so we can actually have something to talk about.

I think we're all hoping for this.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I said what I wanted to say about the arguments and then moved on to my point about teasers. Wasn’t trying to start a dust up.

My bad for jumping on you about it, doesn't matter anyway its all resolved. 

In any case yeah I'm really hoping we see some teasers soon. Ive given up trying to predict when they'll show up though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Someone told me that he thinks the name will be Zodiac which was a former ride at Kings Island. Zodiac is also mentioned in the antique cars posters. Zodiac also has stuff to do with space. 

Yeah but Zodiac was a flat ride, I’m not sure why they’d name Kiga after it. And I assume the Zodiac references are just towards the torn down ride, like the safari and other references

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I really hope we get some teasers soon or new footer blueprints to decode. This thread is getting unbearable with all the trivial arguments.

Fly your drones all you want but this site has already made clear they can’t be posted here.

There will be teasers. KI wouldn’t build their largest coaster ever and not tease it. That’s not how things work nowadays. There is an expectation of teasers with social media and they won’t fail us. It doesn’t matter who knows what, they will want to generate excitement for season pass sales next year.

Fury 325 didn’t start teasing til July 7th. I know we’re all excited but give it time.

We are now a week past July 7th. I am with you and really want to see teasers, but I think whatever shows up on the fence in the coming weeks will be followed by the announcement date. I think it will be a hint at the theme and overall coaster, but I am not expecting a formal and all-out teaser campaign.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic