Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I know this probably won’t happen, but it would be cool if in the announcement video, Firehawk came crashing down like Son of Beast did in Banshee’s announcement video...

What if Firehawk is tied in to the story for kiga? Like, there was a containment breach where Firehawk released all of the hidden secrets of the X-Base and that's where kiga came from, and that is shown in the announcement video?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

What if Firehawk is tied in to the story for kiga? Like, there was a containment breach where Firehawk released all of the hidden secrets of the X-Base and that's where kiga came from, and that is shown in the announcement video?

That would be cool! The theme is still mostly up in the air at this point!

• Like 1

Do you guys think it'll be as fun as millinium force at least? It was my favorite ride until steel vengeance, regardless I am hoping it'll be fun. Diamondback is boring to me, just a floater, hope its the opposite but it doesn't appear to be so. Eitherway more rides the better, ive been reading this thread for awhile before creating my account just now. I am hopeful it beats our expectations and also I hope one day we get something like maverick, or a steel vengeance. 

• Like 2

Yeah I know this is kind of dorky and doesn't really matter, but I really do hope the trailer is as good as the Banshee one, that's been my favorite so far. MT left something to be desired as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, FreedomPenguin said:

Diamondback is boring to me, just a floater, hope its the opposite but it doesn't appear to be so.

Yeah I really don't think this is going to feel like Diamondback. I love Diamondback though, not boring to me in the slightest.

• Like 4

Just now, FreedomPenguin said:

Do you guys think it'll be as fun as millinium force at least? It was my favorite ride until steel vengeance, regardless I am hoping it'll be fun. Diamondback is boring to me, just a floater, hope its the opposite but it doesn't appear to be so. Eitherway more rides the better, ive been reading this thread for awhile before creating my account just now. I am hopeful it beats our expectations and also I hope one day we get something like maverick, or a steel vengeance. 

It looks to be more “intense” than Diamondback IMO. I think the best part of the new ride for me will be the ejector airtime hill after the turnaround!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

KIGA update: two new recent videos popped up on YT that show some interesting things. 

First is a clip from Friday. This one is interesting because it shows the pier drilling machine in use and near the helix area of the ride. The existing blueprints do not cover this, so there's either some new blueprints out there that we haven't seen, or not every single blueprint needs to be submitted (rather, just a sampling is necessary), or they're going rogue and doing work that hasn't been approved yet by the city (doubt it), OR maybe they're allowed to drill holes all they want and only the concrete pouring needs to be approved. Regardless, we haven't seen the approved plans for this publicly. 

I have the drop backbone footing circled in yellow (as reference). I'm estimating the pier drilling machine to be somewhere in the red. 

E8190B6F-61FA-4E46-BD60-0540B07B100E.jpeg

128E9328-F78F-4AE4-B9EB-D97B294C28E7.jpeg

There's a lot of equipment in action around this area as well and an unloading semi trailer near Racer's turnaround. Lots of action!

Second video is from today and I'm only including it because it shows a bit closer images of new footings in progress that the last video didn't show very well. 

First, the footing for the backbone's beginning has a form around it. It'll be just a day or two that we'll see the concrete here. Below is a close image of Fury's equivalent of this, though they're slightly different shapes on the rear end. On the front end, where the backbone attaches, you can see how complicated that form needs to be to accurately locate all the necessary studs for the backbone attachment. 

16D4AAAE-AA5F-47A7-AA05-BDB682AF65ED.jpeg

62F87E9E-65C2-4944-B5B6-0225B8A09712.png

B8023E3E-71F0-4953-AB8F-F4A6FA503F94.png

Second, one of the large footings for the lift's crest also has a form around it as well. In the recent WGT's 12th update, we saw this area was getting prepped for a form, and now it likely already has the concrete poured or will be poured soon. They're moving quick!

6EA6CB8F-65FB-44E5-B622-4FA4F78ACEF4.jpeg

First video is:

Second video is:

Fury's footing is from here:

https://www.carowindsconnection.com/highslide/images/large/9-20-14-6-Wormy.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Pretty sure Banshees was on a Friday. 

6 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Just looked it up, you're correct. I wouldn't be surprised if it is I'm just hoping it's not, lol.

Nope it was a Thursday...August 8, 2013

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just thinking, Saturday is Apollo 11’s 50th anniversary, which is obviously a huge deal when it comes to space. With it being a space themed coaster what if the teasers appeared then and somehow tied in to the mission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I was just thinking, Saturday is Apollo 11’s 50th anniversary, which is obviously a huge deal when it comes to space. With it being a space themed coaster what if the teasers appeared then and somehow tied in to the mission?

I like this idea around Apollo 11. After all Ohio has a lot of space/flight history with Neil Armstrong, John Glenn, and Wright brothers. I hope it has some sort of space or flight connection tied to our local area.
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would be the perfect day for the park to put teasers up or if they are going for an earlier announcement like they did with Banshee and Mystic Timbers, they could even confirm the date for the unveiling!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BSBMX said:

KIGA update: two new recent videos popped up on YT that show some interesting things. 

First is a clip from Friday. This one is interesting because it shows the pier drilling machine in use and near the helix area of the ride. The existing blueprints do not cover this, so there's either some new blueprints out there that we haven't seen, or not every single blueprint needs to be submitted (rather, just a sampling is necessary), or they're going rogue and doing work that hasn't been approved yet by the city (doubt it), OR maybe they're allowed to drill holes all they want and only the concrete pouring needs to be approved. Regardless, we haven't seen the approved plans for this publicly. 

I have the drop backbone footing circled in yellow (as reference). I'm estimating the pier drilling machine to be somewhere in the red. 

E8190B6F-61FA-4E46-BD60-0540B07B100E.jpeg

128E9328-F78F-4AE4-B9EB-D97B294C28E7.jpeg

There's a lot of equipment in action around this area as well and an unloading semi trailer near Racer's turnaround. Lots of action!

Second video is from today and I'm only including it because it shows a bit closer images of new footings in progress that the last video didn't show very well. 

First, the footing for the backbone's beginning has a form around it. It'll be just a day or two that we'll see the concrete here. Below is a close image of Fury's equivalent of this, though they're slightly different shapes on the rear end. On the front end, where the backbone attaches, you can see how complicated that form needs to be to accurately locate all the necessary studs for the backbone attachment. 

16D4AAAE-AA5F-47A7-AA05-BDB682AF65ED.jpeg

62F87E9E-65C2-4944-B5B6-0225B8A09712.png

B8023E3E-71F0-4953-AB8F-F4A6FA503F94.png

Second, one of the large footings for the lift's crest also has a form around it as well. In the recent WGT's 12th update, we saw this area was getting prepped for a form, and now it likely already has the concrete poured or will be poured soon. They're moving quick!

6EA6CB8F-65FB-44E5-B622-4FA4F78ACEF4.jpeg

First video is:

Second video is:

Fury's footing is from here:

https://www.carowindsconnection.com/highslide/images/large/9-20-14-6-Wormy.jpg

Thank you for the update! This is good stuff here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wolf Like Me said:

So who else is really hoping for some alien/ufo theming? I'm totally on board for anything, whether it's space and/or military, but I would love some alien/ufo underlying themes involved somehow. 

Like FOF. Also, I like how the Xbase plaza is lit up at night. I wonder if they add some cool lighting to make the plaza better at night when this new coaster opens! 

44 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Like FOF. Also, I like how the Xbase plaza is lit up at night. I wonder if they add some cool lighting to make the plaza better at night when this new coaster opens! 

They could have a runway leading to the new ride, like how The Beast has it's tracks!

• malem locked this topic