Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, collin.klopfstein said:

Is there Kroger’s in Canada? I think the commercials are only for Ohio Cedar Fair parks

No they’re not, Cedar Fair most likely had hired a firm to produce the commercials. The first year they started to do it was 2013 with Gold striker & GateKeeper. Every year since has used a similar animation style except this year.

58 minutes ago, Bansheelover said:

Would you all be upset if there were no teasers? Maybe seeing a giant structure start to rise out of the ground be enough for the GP to get really excited. They would not really know what it is, except that is may be a huge roller coaster. A lot of people have not traveled to a park with a giga so they will be amazed by something rising higher than the Diamondback.

They'll announce the ride and give full POV's and stats before they start hanging track. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ben43065 said:

Not necessarily, I doubt anyone in marketing truly cares if track is being installed before the announcement.

While anything is possible, I'm fairly positive that they will follow the Banshee model and do the announcement before the first piece leaves CSF. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Not necessarily, I doubt anyone in marketing truly cares if track is being installed before the announcement.

6 minutes ago, fryoj said:

While anything is possible, I'm fairly positive that they will follow the Banshee model and do the announcement before the first piece leaves CSF. 

i agree with @fryoj. I di not know why they would go away with what they have done for many coasters in the past?

After getting over the initial disappointment from the stats for our giga I took solace in the fact that CF might be stepping up their theming game to (for lack of a better word) compensate. I’ve waited all summer for teasers to roll out not to tease the fact that we’re getting a giga but to start building the story to a great theme around said giga. At this point I’m beginning to think teasers will be minimum if at all and same goes for theming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

i agree with @fryoj. I di not know why they would go away with what they have done for many coasters in the past?

I believe Diamondback track was already there before the announcement though, I wouldn’t say one coaster sets the trend. It wasn’t that long ago when Cedar Fair installed large amounts of coaster track before the announcement. Station track being installed before the announcement isn’t that unreasonable 

1 minute ago, Ben43065 said:

I believe Diamondback track was already there before the announcement though, I wouldn’t say one coaster sets the trend. It wasn’t that long ago when Cedar Fair installed large amounts of coaster track before the announcement. Station track being installed before the announcement isn’t that unreasonable 

I do remember the CP announcements. Also There was track on site for DB. I think I was more agreeing that there will be an announcement.

10 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

They hadn't done anything besides site prep on MT before it was announced. Hell he day of MT's announcement, there were still people thinking it may not even be a coaster. 

Is two coasters a trend?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

You guys know they've been teasing this whole time right? Building a coaster and not saying a word about it.. that's the ultimate tease.

Also, Hershey's coaster is now vertical and there's been no announcement yet. 

Hershey has announced everything they are doing. It's been announced since last year.

https://www.hersheypark.com/new/2020/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

I’m projecting the length of the ride to be about 52-55 seconds drop to brake.

Man that is so short...…..Why in gods green earth would they build a coaster that short? I know we prob have went over this but so small.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Man that is so short...…..Why in gods green earth would they build a coaster that short? I know we prob have went over this but so small.

I can see a few reasons for why it’s so short 

1 - It’s proximity to Cedar Point, It doesn’t sound that unlikely the reason this coaster is short is due to Cedar Fair not wanting to take the spotlight off of their flagship park 

2- The high amount of capital they’ve spent this year, half a billion dollars is a very high amount for Cedar Fair 

3- If the money really was originally meant  for CGA then they’d be the biggest reason it’s so short.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I can see a few reasons for why it’s so short 

1 - It’s proximity to Cedar Point, It doesn’t sound that unlikely the reason this coaster is short is due to Cedar Fair not wanting to take the spotlight off of their flagship park 

2- The high amount of capital they’ve spent this year, half a billion dollars is a very high amount for Cedar Fair 

3- If the money really was originally meant  for CGA then they’d be the biggest reason it’s so short.

What happened to CGA?

21 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

See that’s the thing though. The coaster won’t feel short at all. No one complains (for the most part) about how short mystic is or how short lightning rod is, it’s jsut part of the ride. This giga will have no weak elements and will be packing in some phenomenal moments. I think the ride time won’t even be an issue with it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BruceWayneWins said:

What happened to CGA?

People have speculated that CGA was supposed to receive a hyper coaster in 2020 but instead they put the money that would have been used to build that coaster and reallocated it to the KI Giga. 

43 minutes ago, WindingSon said:

Said post if someone would like to take a look:

I can honestly say this might be a real possibility. When i worked at Kings Island in 2013....i was the supervisor of ice scream zone and about a month before the announcement i was told they were building a ride and me and my counter part had to try and match the colors of Banshee too our ice cream so when they announced it everyone could get a Banshee swirl. It was fun but my god my hands were a blue and red for WEEKS! Take it with a grain of salt but that’s my story about when Banshee was built. I can’t think of any restaurants around that area though that would do something similar. But again just showing it’s a real possibility. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

When they went to B&M and told them their budget, B&M said so you only want half a ride? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I-305 is 40 seconds from drop to breaks...

Yes that’s true but the number of elements a ride has also plays a role in how long a ride feels, and as we all know B&M rollercoasters typically are more drawn out.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic