Decoding 2020

fryoj

8 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If this is legit then it won't be at night because I just looked at the KI hours and on the 14th they close at 8 pm. I was thinking now they'll make the announcement around noon. Or they could make it around 8. 

Maybe they close at 8:00 for a reason...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

There hasn't been a specific ride announcement, no POV, no name.. ect. 

They've announced they are building their tallest and fastest coaster. That's not "no announcement" And it's more than KI's "nothing to see here" stance on KIGA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jdm_4ever said:

I can honestly say this might be a real possibility. When i worked at Kings Island in 2013....i was the supervisor of ice scream zone and about a month before the announcement i was told they were building a ride and me and my counter part had to try and match the colors of Banshee too our ice cream so when they announced it everyone could get a Banshee swirl. It was fun but my god my hands were a blue and red for WEEKS! Take it with a grain of salt but that’s my story about when Banshee was built. I can’t think of any restaurants around that area though that would do something similar. But again just showing it’s a real possibility. 

I think this is a true announcement date but once again it could be a troll 

Has anyone been to Mason to see if we have the complete prints? I would like to see BSBMX interpretations once we can get them.

Even though we know most things about this coaster I still have no clue about the theme. All we know is possibly Orion or Polaris. Will it tie into Xbase? Will it be alien themed or spaced themed or something else? What is in the Quonset hut? Teasers would help. If the announcement is to be on 8/14 I think we will still get teasing toward the theme soon. Plenty of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's an idea. What if the lack of teasing IS teasing! This is like an Area 51 project! It's Top Secret! 

Yeah that theory has been brought up many times. If this is their idea of "teasing" I'm not a fan.

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Has anyone been to Mason to see if we have the complete prints? I would like to see BSBMX interpretations once we can get them.

Even though we know most things about this coaster I still have no clue about the theme. All we know is possibly Orion or Polaris. Will it tie into Xbase? Will it be alien themed or spaced themed or something else? What is in the Quonset hut? Teasers would help. If the announcement is to be on 8/14 I think we will still get teasing toward the theme soon. Plenty of time.

On the blueprints it shows the Quonset will be a separate package and idk if the blueprints will show the theme

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

On the blueprints it shows the Quonset will be a separate package and idk if the blueprints will show the theme

Oh they definitely won't. Asking about the blueprints and bringing up theming were two separate thoughts I believe.

• Like 1

Oh they definitely won't. Asking about the blueprints and bringing up theming were two separate thoughts I believe.

Yes you are correct. I want to see the full prints and have a knowledgeable member tell us what they are. I am enjoying the construction decoding about this coaster as I have already learned a lot.

The theming and Quonset and other stuff I hope to interpret through teasers from the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Yes you are correct. I want to see the full prints and have a knowledgeable member tell us what they are. I am enjoying the construction decoding about this coaster as I have already learned a lot.

The theming and Quonset and other stuff I hope to interpret through teasers from the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I would love a space theme, I hoping for something different otherwise x-base will be too 'match-y' for lack of a better word, and everything would have to be space themed in that area in the future. I don't really like the Air Force/military theme, although I think that is likely if it's not space themed. I would personally love a mad scientist theme. In the hut could be bubbling beakers and fog machines, green lighting. Some kind of explosion or experiment gone wrong. Maybe it's the scientist that has been doing experiments on the aliens in FOF running this new lab...

But realistically I think it's gonna be a space theme. Themeing is the main reason I'm hoping for teasers and I hope they don't waste the opportunity to give us some good ones.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Lol Mystic Timbers fanboy! I know who this person is! 

Let’s just say... Banshee sucks! RMC Son of Beast!

Clarification: This is not my actual opinion. It is what Mystic Timbers Fanboy preaches in the comments.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Let’s just say... Banshee sucks! RMC Son of Beast!

Clarification: This is not my actual opinion. It is what Mystic Timbers Fanboy preaches in the comments.

Here's some examples:

"Move Banshee to ValleyFair and put RMC Son of Beast there"

"Invertigo or Flight of Fear should've left."

"Outpost 5 should be reused." 

I'm wondering if this Quinton Parchment kid will someday join KICentral. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Not the most accurate, but this is the best I could do. Note: I used the 2019 map.

2019-07-16_22.39.34.jpg

I think the lift hill will look steeper in the 2020 park map.

Cedar Fair tends to exaggerate the coasters displayed on the map. Don't believe me? Look at Racer, Diamondback and Mystic Timbers and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 4

So what do you guys think about this rumored announcement date? It seems to fit the timeline of past announcements. Just curious if anyone has any major doubts, or strong opinions in favor. It could obviously be totally fake but I have a feeling it's not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

So what do you guys think about this rumored announcement date? It seems to fit the timeline of past announcements. Just curious if anyone has any major doubts, or strong opinions in favor. It could obviously be totally fake but I have a feeling it's not.

part of me thinks it'll be on National Rollercoaster Day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the 14th. 

• malem locked this topic