Decoding 2020

fryoj

7 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

What breaks on I 305? I mean, I know it's an Intamin, but hopefully the brakes don't break!emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji2962.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Everything. From the drop it's 40 seconds till the whole thing breaks dude. F*ing Intamin.

• Like 2

I'm actually going to break NDA and give you guys a little inside baseball...I don't have a source to cite officially so you might want to screen cap this while you can: CF Intamin coasters actually require a human sacrifice every few hours in order to continue operations. If you've ever been standing in a long line for a CF ride and you see someone with a FLP go past you, and not immediately come back and go right past you again to get on the ride for a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/ or 6th time before you move a couple of feet, that's actually where they went. Their sacrifice is what keeps MF, Maverick and I305 going. So the next time you see some dude looping past you for the 10th time while you've still only made it from the bottom of the staircase at Diamondback, to halfway up said staircase in half an hour, be sure to thank them for what they're about to give in the name of coaster enthusiasts everywhere!

• Haha 5

In its first year, it was literally 2 seconds to brakes on I-305.  They added trims almost the full length of the first drop until the ride was modified further.
My post was made in jest of the misapplied use of the word "break."

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is not the first time enthusiasts had blue prints in hand from public sources.

Those making the decisions on teasers/ media releases know enthusiasts treat is as a badge of honor to provide "insider info" about new rides- especially coasters.  Meaning- KI knows public blueprints will be found.

Teasers are thought up long before the blue prints are available to the public.

Coming out with teasers now only satisfies or upsets fanboys, but potentially turn off the GP due to media attention (why go to KI in 2019 when 2020 will have a BIG ride?).  Rest assured, the media surfs KIC due to the vast knowledge of the park & industry and will report many things seen here.

Beast 40th is still being promoted by the park which many are, alarmingly, dismissing.

Relax folks.  Some are sounding like Veruca Salt wanting everything now while others sound like the old man down the street yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

• Like 8

So I know I’ve been wrong in the (very recent) past, but I’ve got a feeling we’re gonna see something from the park within the next hour based on that reddit post. Four weeks out from August 14th today.
What reddit post?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 7/16/2019 at 9:38 AM, medford said:

Aug 2nd is National Beer day.  Has a coaster ever been themed to beer (maybe they pull a switcheroo and we're actually getting the brown track)

Although not exactly beer, a Martini sponsored roller coaster would look BEAUTIFUL!

lancia_martini.jpg

2017williams.jpg

• Like 2

So quick question, do we know for sure if the name of our new coaster will be Polaris? Or do we just want it to be that from filed trademarks
We just want it to be, but we have a 50% chance of guessing it right since only 2 names were trademarked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Guys remember this a budget giga. The teasers have been left out to help cut cost. 

I know you are being facetious, but maybe, just maybe...the fact that we are seeing no teasers means the coaster itself is actually quite expensive!

Decoding 2020? More like Decoding Cedar Fair Upper-Level Marketing Strategies!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

You all are haters! If i305 is such a terrible ride why does it rank so high! seesh everyone hate on the Intamins again! here we go!  

I never once said it was a terrible ride. That should proof that it being 55 seconds or whatever doesn't matter. You out of everyone on here should know that. 

Nobody here says they hate Intamins. We are tired of you bringing them into every conversation. It's not that hard to comprehend. 

• Like 4

@Maverick44 is not being annoying. I don’t know why people let someone talking about a rollercoaster manufacturer to get to them so much. If anything, he adds character to the forums which I enjoy. And KIC is a place where everyone is supposed to share their views and opinions on rollercoasters, so I say he did nothing wrong. You did nothing wrong @Maverick44!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

@Maverick44 is not being annoying. I don’t know why people let someone talking about a rollercoaster manufacturer to get to them so much. If anything, he adds character to the forums which I enjoy. And KIC is a place where everyone is supposed to share their views and opinions on rollercoasters, so I say he did nothing wrong. You did nothing wrong @Maverick44!

Don't get me wrong I know when there is a time and place to joke about Intamin  lol  The part that I am upset over is I didn't bring it up and ugh whatever haha Thank you @FUN&ONLY! and @BeeastFarmer. Im not trying to annoy.

Can we just move on?

I305 is amazing so I am sure this coaster will be amazing as well. I was just shocked the ride time was so low for a B&M giga.  I understand why thought now with the feedback on here. Thank you.

• Like 2

If anyone is willing to brave the rain and has an hour to kill, can we see if there are any teasers up on the fence?

Also if we don't see teasers by Friday (4 weeks before National Roller Coaster Day) I'm pulling the same strategy that I use when waiting for new Star Wars content: Wait and see. We know a coaster is coming, and I'm sure anyone who watches WCPO/reads their website knows one is coming as well. Word of mouth is a teaser in certain ways.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, starlitfire said:

If anyone is willing to brave the rain and has an hour to kill, can we see if there are any teasers up on the fence?

Also if we don't see teasers by Friday (4 weeks before National Roller Coaster Day) I'm pulling the same strategy that I use when waiting for new Star Wars content: Wait and see. We know a coaster is coming, and I'm sure anyone who watches WCPO/reads their website knows one is coming as well. Word of mouth is a teaser in certain ways.

If they go now its not raining lol it seems like we will just be playing the waiting game for a while longer.

I'd love to see a return of "The Shooting Star" name in the Cincinatti area.  I never got to ride the original.  If it is going to be a blue and white coaster, I'd also love to see homage to The Wildcat, which could tie into nostalgia and the sinister nature of Banshee, The Beast and Mystic Timbers, as well as the awesome #BBN!

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic