Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I don't know why you're so convinced it's not real. None of us know for sure obviously but it is within the timeframe we would've expected it to be, and we've now heard it from more than one source. Sure, take it with a grain of salt, but I'm definitely going to proceed as if that's the date so I've got my ducks in a row if it is.

Idk who this person is that is saying this is going down. He could be some Joe Schmo. idk? I mean I hope its for real haha but also stepping lightly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I say if we were to see a new coaster in Action Zone in the future, they could use Timberwolf. 

With the removal of Invertigo as well.

Sorry about double post. For some reason the page like froze and nothing new loaded. I am not sure what happened lol

• Like 2

It could be me looking into things too closely again... but it seems to me like Kings Islands Twitter account has focused heavily on gravity today... maybe the answers we've been looking for have been right in front of us the whole time...ff3e263db801f443daa86da5a640c2aa.jpge0c23b61745b9bb79b4ff7a8a41347f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Phantom Theater said:

I don't think they will do any teasers for this ride. It's a little late in the game, and Xbase is off the beaten path. 

I tend to agree. Even with Xbase being out of the way, I really do think it's strange that KI has apparently decided not to tease the biggest attraction they've built in the last 10 years. Not just strange, but also regrettable imo. At the end of the day I'm sure we're all going to enjoy the announcement and of course getting to finally ride this thing, but I really do hope the next time KI plans to add something new like this, that they take the time to post little tidbits at least on Social Media. I think it's also worth noting that the guy claiming to be an employee yesterday on Reddit also mentioned that there would be no teasers at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The guy on Reddit told me that 8 pm on August 15th is when "the festivities" begin. So maybe it'll be more than just an announcement. Like a celebration festival with an announcement. Kinda like what Cedar Point did for unveiling Steel Vengeance with the Frontiertown Hootenanny. 

Ferdinand Hawkins gets shot by Paul aris and takes all of Ferdinand Hawkins land and makes something greater of it- introducing Polaris! Not better than any of the other gigas but certainly better than Firehawk

6 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Ferdinand Hawkins gets shot by Paul aris and takes all of Ferdinand Hawkins land and makes something greater of it- introducing Polaris! Not better than any of the other gigas but certainly better than Firehawk

Hey now I wouldn't write it off as not being better than any of the other Gigas just yet. There's still hope lol.

• Like 4

Teasers are fun, but in this case, what is really the point? You really have 2 groups of people-The Nerds (us) who already know minute details of this entire project and have disseminated plenty of that info to the GP...and the GP who is basically like, "Awesome, when can I ride it?"

• Like 5

You know, it has almost been an anthem around here that "just because they've done it one way in the past doesn't mean they're going to do it this time or in the future." So maybe, just maybe... That's what they're doing this time. Maybe we've had teasers in plain sight this season and last season. Maybe the barrels in tower gardens last year actually meant something. Maybe all the barrels that were put out for Grand Carnivale that contain flowers mean something. Or maybe not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

You know, it has almost been an anthem around here that "just because they've done it one way in the past doesn't mean they're going to do it this time or in the future." So maybe, just maybe... That's what they're doing this time. Maybe we've had teasers in plain sight this season and last season. Maybe the barrels in tower gardens last year actually meant something. Maybe all the barrels that were put out for Grand Carnivale that contain flowers mean something. Or maybe not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree. Sure they're not the eye poping out teasers, but that doesn't mean that Don will not say little hints here and there. He loves to play with our brains, and tease us. Also just little goofy things, like the possible odd space themed names on the store front. I believe if any teases do happen, it'll be after they announce the official Announcement date. Then they'll throw a little sign on the fence for the GP, just like MT's announcement sign. That'll probably be it. Which will be plenty. =D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

It think it would be cool for the signs on the fence. Like MT where it said " Watch for Falling Trees". This time it could say " Watch For Falling Stars".

"You must be a star because you look beautiful from a distance"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• malem locked this topic