Decoding 2020

fryoj

I was at KI Friday and asked the old guy at the top of the tower if he knew anything about the coaster they were putting in.   He was saying it was going to break records, be between 300-400 ft tall and go over 100 mph.  I found it a bit amusing considering the plans we have seen.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I found it amusing that recently on social media, I saw a post where someone was swearing the announcement would definitely be mid August because several employees at the park had told him. I couldn’t help giggling because I’m sure those employees “know” because they’ve seen the same claims and heard the same rumors as we have, not because they’ve been given inside information. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ohcoasterguy said:

I was at KI Friday and asked the old guy at the top of the tower if he knew anything about the coaster they were putting in.   He was saying it was going to break records, be between 300-400 ft tall and go over 100 mph.  I found it a bit amusing considering the plans we have seen.  

While we all follow the same blueprints... if I'm not mistaken, the actual construction of the ride blueprints have not been made public, correct?

So, the overlay or underlay of the ride visible on the electrical prints is "for illustration purposes only", lol.

Only big thing countering this whole potential theory is the footer layouts that are factually lining up with current prints

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instead of "happy little trees", I guess he makes "happy Lil Gigas"! :lol:

Also, anyone at the park seen any teasers? It would be cool (and telling) if the teasing started today as it is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. On a related note, I wonder if there are any references to the moon landing during any of today's performances of Gravity?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Nothing yesterday.  I know it's been discussed already but I'm honestly curious why Kings Island social media has been so infatuated with gravity over the past week.  I suppose it could be related to the moon landing anniversary. just not so sure. Time will tell I guess

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Nothing yesterday.  I know it's been discussed already but I'm honestly curious why Kings Island social media has been so infatuated with gravity over the past week.  I suppose it could be related to the moon landing anniversary. just not so sure. Time will tell I guess

I'm gonna watch the show at 7 today. I'll be on the lookout for teasers 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Found this old promo video from Millennium Force on YouTube! 

That video gives me chills even almost 20 years after it debuted. Although it's not the new millennium anymore so they should consider renaming it to something more catchy. So maybe whatever ride name Kings Island goes with, maybe they could rename Millennium Force with the other name. I know that sounds un-realistic but hey it's a nice fantasy right?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

That video gives me chills even almost 20 years after it debuted. Although it's not the new millennium anymore so they should consider renaming it to something more catchy. So maybe whatever ride name Kings Island goes with, maybe they could rename Millennium Force with the other name. I know that sounds un-realistic but hey it's a nice fantasy right?

I doubt they would rename one of their most popular coasters. I think it's fine the way it is. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Saw a Coaster Net video from today and they claimed that there was a rumor that during the July 4th fireworks, MF logo was shot into the air along with constellations. Was anybody there that saw this and can confirm?

I was at the 4th of July fireworks and I thought it was just a coincidence that there was the millennium force logo in the fireworks!!!!!! 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Saw a Coaster Net video from today and they claimed that there was a rumor that during the July 4th fireworks, MF logo was shot into the air along with constellations. Was anybody there that saw this and can confirm?

Which constellations? Orion by chance? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

1st one is millennium force logo and second one i don’t even know

Those are all letters. some of them are sideways.. or even upside down. like the smiley faces they sometimes launch. The millennium force logo has a second wave in it to complete the "M" this looks more like a N to me. The last one perhaps a sideways A

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic