Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

there's 5 letters not 6. there is at least one A and one S though

There are in fact 6, The first U burst happens as another shell is also going off. The camera perspective leaves much to be desired. I can assure you that is exactly what you see in the sequence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rogue_Fulltimer said:

There are in fact 6, The first U burst happens as another shell is also going off. The camera perspective leaves much to be desired. I can assure you that is exactly what you see in the sequence.

Oh yep, the first U is at 1:11 somewhat hidden in the other shell, and the other U is flat to the camera. Mystery solved 

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

It was actually a rumor started yesterday from Coaster-net which at the time you thought was a great update. I agree though as this board has debunked it.28d443789f0dda4b3b565975980bd154.jpg

Just supporting the community. It was a great update. Im just saying the fireworks thing i think is a little to far. I mean i could be wrong, im thinking they are telling us hints over on Twitter but i could be wrong and probably am wrong lol 

• Like 4

No worries. You guys do great work but wanted to point out it wasn’t a rumor that originated here. Coaster net has some decent updates but they rely heavily on rumor and usually don’t do their homework prior to filming their spots (look at the 30 minute layout interpretation).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

No worries. You guys do great work but wanted to point out it wasn’t a rumor that originated here. Coaster net has some decent updates but they rely heavily on rumor and usually don’t do their homework prior to filming their spots (look at the 30 minute layout interpretation).

Thanks man appreciate it we try our best to do with what we got. 

• Like 3

Thanks man appreciate it we try our best to do with what we got. 

My only advice to you would be toward your videos. You have a great zoom cam now so I would film the area and any updates first. Then come back home and give a detailed explanation of what you are looking at and such. That’s why I enjoy the wild gravity updates the most. You could do your own take.
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll have to say it again:

NOT EVERYTHING THE PARK DOES IS A TEASER FOR THE NEW COASTER! YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THEY DO TEASE!

Sheesh! emoji2356.pngemoji2357.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I threw a spaghetti spoon on the roof by the final brake run of Diamondback in 2016. The next day someone posted on here that they thought it was a clue.  True Story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’ve been a big proponent for “if it’s a teaser you’ll know it” but since we’ve gotten to this point of the season without any actual teasers or really a whole lot more to discuss, I say “bring on the wild outrageous speculation!!!” :) At least it will give us something to entertain ourselves with.

Its funny, actually, when MT was coming, and we had some actual teasers, there was a LOT more wild speculation about minor things at the park (my TINMAN boat next to Diamondback’s pond for example) that we knew probably weren’t anything... but what if they were?... but probably not :) 

I’m a little surprised at how little of the wild speculation about minor details of the park has cropped up this year, and how quickly each instance of it has been quashed. Maybe it’s just that the boards have lower traffic in general now, maybe it is that we have the blueprints and trademarked names (which I’m still not fully convinced are for this coaster) already.  

I still hear people on occasion pointing to the bits of wood and flowers in front of SoB’s eternal flame as being “proof” it is coming back even though the ride ops responsible for doing it admitted right away it was them and was done for fun, not inside information. What we need here is a good conspiracy theory about obscure “teasers” like that, just for fun :)

• Like 10

I’m surprised there haven’t been any teasing posters. Has anyone noticed any posters on storefronts? I remember CW had a poster for the chilkoot trail early in the season that was displayed on one of the storefronts of a building. It was a direct teaser to Yukon Striker.

• Like 2

The reason why I like the idea of teasers is to perhaps hint at the ride's name. I like the names Orion and Polaris, but will it be either or those or something else entirely? So there are some mysteries left to speculate. Tiny mysteries perhaps, but mysteries nonetheless. 

• Like 3

I think your best bet of getting teasers is looking at the ones from Winterfest and Cedar Point last year. The “five mine carts” and “number five is alive” in the posters was probably hinting at the fifth giga in the chain. I think it even said giga in one of the posters, but I am not sure which one it was.

ghgggma52xg11.jpg

uiytlzy96bd11.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

My only advice to you would be toward your videos. You have a great zoom cam now so I would film the area and any updates first. Then come back home and give a detailed explanation of what you are looking at and such. That’s why I enjoy the wild gravity updates the most. You could do your own take.

OKay thats cool thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

I personally believe that it's talking about an RMC "something." Not even referring to the Giga. RMC is a much wanted coaster these days, people love them. Sick elements, and so on. Perhaps this Giga will be a people eater, just for them to really setup the real main attraction! A lot of people loved SoB, I being one of them. Nothing better than riding it 5+ times in a row, and feeling your brain bleed lmao. I feel like they'll try and recreate it, of course completely different. "Return Of The Beast." They like their corny names. Just my opinion that's it. So no one whine and say, "enough with the teasers." Blah blah. It's all fun and games. Right? =P 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, qpDarKqp said:

I personally believe that it's talking about an RMC "something." Not even referring to the Giga. RMC is a much wanted coaster these days, people love them. Sick elements, and so on. Perhaps this Giga will be a people eater, just for them to really setup the real main attraction! A lot of people loved SoB, I being one of them. Nothing better than riding it 5+ times in a row, and feeling your brain bleed lmao. I feel like they'll try and recreate it, of course completely different. "Return Of The Beast." They like their corny names. Just my opinion that's it. So no one whine and say, "enough with the teasers." Blah blah. It's all fun and games. Right? =P 

Son of Beast is not coming back. I think a ground up RMC with a different name and layout. I've thought of the name Wild Revenge. We could continue this topic in the other thread deticated to what's next. 

• Like 3

Why would The Beast return? It's never left.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, qpDarKqp said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I agree with you. I don't think it's completely crazy to think at some point CF will build another coaster that's part of the whole Beast lineage. I know SOB was a disaster, I know people are tired of hearing fans say they want SOB to come back, but I really do think the IDEA behind making a coaster at Kings Island that was a spiritual successor to it's signature ride was a fantastic one. The flaw was always with the execution, never with the concept. I believe the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because it's all still a bit fresh and I think they worry that unveiling a new ride that's a "reboot", if you will, of the whole SOB thing would still bring to mind the dumpster fire that was SOB. You're kidding yourself, though, if you think the GP (and a lot of enthusiasts) wouldn't go absolutely NUTS if KI announced a ride with the general idea of "SOB but if you did it RIGHT".  Everyone is a sucker for a redemption arc. No idea when it will happen, but I'd be willing to bet it will, and in my mind I can't think of a better time to do it than if they build an RMC. Just my take.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic