Decoding 2020

fryoj

A Son of Beast reboot coaster would be cool.

Also, I got really excited when I thought the MF logo was in the fireworks; that would have been so cool to have it “written in the stars” like that (quote from Ledger’s song “Cosmic”- I love that song!) B)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Well, I think it would be more likely to be Husband of Beast. You know, since the female of the species is more deadly than the male 

THIS SUMMER...

Prepare for inversions that place your head so firmly inside  your ass that you never realize you were wrong all along....

GROOM OF BEAST.....

Opening April 2023

• Haha 4

I think your best bet of getting teasers is looking at the ones from Winterfest and Cedar Point last year. The “five mine carts” and “number five is alive” in the posters was probably hinting at the fifth giga in the chain. I think it even said giga in one of the posters, but I am not sure which one it was.ghgggma52xg11.jpguiytlzy96bd11.jpg

de7519bd5f8125a31fa9005e0708292e.jpg

I'm probably desperate for a clue and REALLY reaching here also not that great at geography but if you turn the first pic the 5 spots would be close to matching up with the 5 giga locations on a map. 5 would obviously be Kings Island. 4 being Canada's Wonderland. 3 being Kings Dominion. 2 being Cedar Point. And 1 being Carowinds.

Doesn't match up exactly Carowinds should be further south but close and the numbers don't really make sense cuz Cedar Point had the 1st "giga" and should be #1 lol

Just a thought? Anyone with good computer photoshop skills could rotate the image and overlay it in a map maybe? Thanks!

EDIT: Posted that before I saw what [mention=9294]WindingSon[/mention] posted above. That makes more sense lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 7/13/2019 at 8:59 AM, BSBMX said:

KIGA update: so yesterday at about late morning and early afternoon (both after my daily morning check), both the ORION and POLARIS trademarks got an update.

After the initial application, the first step on the  USPTO side is for each application to get assigned an examiner and have an initial database search (to see if these new trademarks could potentially be confused or infringe upon existing trademarks). Yesterday, both trademark applications had that happen. These are called "XSearch Search Summary" if you wish to look them up. 

Comparing both Orion's and Polaris' search results to Hangtime or Copperhead Strike doesn't really reveal much. Even the original "Fury" application, which got temporarily refused due to "likelihood of confusion" with another existing trademark, looks similar at this point, so I cannot see any indication for approval or refusal at this stage. 

BUT, if I use HT or CHS's applications as reference, then we should see additional updates to both Polaris' and Orion's applications next week. The examiner will send a letter to CF for both trademark applications with results in their search, which will then tell us about initial acceptance or refusal for both. Over the next month or so, I expect to see several updates to both trademark applications. If either gets refused, then can could signal that CF will abandon that trademark, or modify it slightly (similar to what changed "Fury" into "Fury 325"). 

I cannot link to what I'm viewing because it's an active search (and would only show "SEARCH EXPIRED" on your end), so you'll need to search it on your own if you're interested. One of my past posts in this thread goes into detail of how to do this, if you're interested. Shown below are screenshots of the initial search results. Note how complex their search is, even including misspellings and slightly different spellings of the words. 

D6DCAA7C-F401-421A-B325-31E91DB3155E.png

1CEB77B8-0505-41CE-9A0C-C1D7115FF64C.png

Any updates on the name? I love your updates and was just wondering if you have discovered anything new yet with the trademark applications?

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, but since part of the Firehawk loop went somewhere, maybe to get painted and whatnot, and since the old Firehawk trains are still sitting on Kings Island’s property, do you think these items could be tied into the theme for the new ride?

• Confused 1

I will be excited when they send out the media invites because they will most likely have some themeing hints. We are running out of time so something exciting has to eventually happen... right? 

OR nothing happens, there is no teasers, no announcement, and they just start building this giant coaster that everyone talks about and KI denies until next year lol 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I will be excited when they send out the media invites because they will most likely have some themeing hints. We are running out of time so something exciting has to eventually happen... right? 

OR nothing happens, there is no teasers, no announcement, and they just start building this giant coaster that everyone talks about and KI denies until next year lol 

Wow that would laaaaaame.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

They have to put out teasers or do something with the media to promote 2020 season passes and make people buy them

For sure. I was more reacting to the idea of no announcement event, but that's not likely to be the case anyway.

• Like 3

The park wants the new ride to sell season passes for 2020.  This is the entire goal of the announcement.  Things the park tweeted about today:

Skyline Chili cheese coney giveaway this week on The Beast.

7 money-saving tips blog post.

National Ice Cream day.

Soak City private cabana rental blog post.

40 things you may not know about The Beast blog post.

Clearly the park has other priorities right now that they are promoting.  This coaster will almost certainly be the biggest off-season investment by Cedar Fair, so it is not like they need to be concerned about being up-staged by anyone else.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

The park wants the new ride to sell season passes for 2020.  This is the entire goal of the announcement.  Things the park tweeted about today:

Skyline Chili cheese coney giveaway this week on The Beast.

7 money-saving tips blog post.

National Ice Cream day.

Soak City private cabana rental blog post.

40 things you may not know about The Beast blog post.

Clearly the park has other priorities right now that they are promoting.  This coaster will almost certainly be the biggest off-season investment by Cedar Fair, so it is not like they need to be concerned about being up-staged by anyone else.

None of these strike me as anything other than standard PR social marketing team stuff that would be posted regardless. I'm really not buying that they aren't teasing the ride because of free skyline chili or what have you. While this might be Cedar Fair's biggest offseason investment, they in fact do need to worry about being upstaged by other parks that are doing a much better job hyping up their new attractions than ki currently is. I don't know what the thinking was behind doing things the way they did, but I don't think they should do it again.

• malem locked this topic