Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Im confused as to why they made the original ones, and clearly made a new set that had the minor changes on them. That kind of leads me to believe that the parts that were changed were of some importance.  

Maybe the originals were prototypes and not meant to be seen?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

It’s tough man. You eventually play people who never swing at pitches out of the zone so eventually they’ll bite you when you throw something in the zone. 

Yep, exactly. You pretty much have to paint the corners.

That sign for the snack stand placed perfectly, lol. Those original posters could of been a rough draft. We will know once the next posters come out. 

• Like 3

Now that the teaser campaign kicks off I want to remind everyone that parks a lot of times uses the teaser campaign to purposely lead us in the wrong direction. Like Yukon Striker teasing campaign last year lead us to believe it was going to be a giga-dive. Amusement Insiders interview with Canada's Wonderland officials confirmed that it was done to purposely lead us in the wrong direction. So don't take every detail 100% seriously. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XBeastGirlX said:

But the graph has to be important enough to change it out or they wouldn't have

They changed the heart rate on the ECG from around 100BPM to about 150BPM. I'm pretty confident about that. 

I guess if you are very nervous/excited your heart would be around 150BPM. This could have been one of the reasons. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

yeah yeah yeah. Lol one of these days I am holding out hope lol
I am still clueless on why they started with those 2 coasters lol
[mention=11551]collin.klopfstein[/mention] I don't get triggered and I am probs the only Intamin Fanboy on this page lol
Maverick, I would love a good Intaman blitz coaster at Kings Island! I love all rollercoasterz, B&Ms, MF, TTD, Maverick, would love to go to Germany and ride Taron. Was stationed there in late 80s to early 90s and went to Phantasia Land before they really started add some neat attractions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I think it's going to be funny when people get off work today and jump on the thread and go "WTH happened!? How many pages am I going to have to go thru?"

People are just gonna skip to the end no way the read them all lol

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Im confused as to why they made the original ones, and clearly made a new set that had the minor changes on them. That kind of leads me to believe that the parts that were changed were of some importance.  

It was probably as simple as whoever put them up grabbed the wrong ones. I work in the graphics and design industry...small revisions are made by design directors all the time, even after printing, so the first set may have been a "Round 1" design that hadn't been thrown out yet.

As far as the letters on the sign...maybe they are just the initials for Kings Island and not really going to spell it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can only imagine Don sitting in his office drinking coffee, waiting for us to react to the teasers when he looks over and sees the teasers that were supposed to be on the fence sitting on a desk. He suddenly realizes that we are decoding the wrong teasers and has his “secret crew” of employees take care of the situation immediately!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I can only imagine Don sitting in his office drinking coffee, waiting for us to react to the teasers when he looks over and sees the teasers that were supposed to be on the fence sitting on a desk. He suddenly realizes that we are decoding the wrong teasers and has his “secret crew” of employees take care of the situation immediately!
More likely that he saw us reacting to the wrong ones!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Kinda hint that those were prototype models... what if our giga has some sort or a prototype...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be amazing! Maybe B&M actually changed something significant and this will be the first of their coasters to have it. Do the blue prints state it will be chain lift? Could we see a LSM lift hill? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Question: On Invertigo it says test administers. Does that correlate to the total ridership? Can anyone verify. If so it would confirm what we have been thinking. 

The Firehawk number correlates to the ridership, so I would think Invertigo would be the same.

Very exciting update! It will be interesting to see this develop.

• Like 6

Just now, KatieF said:

I wonder if 20:11 has something to do with this... 

WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive were added that year.

Already stated by someone else above. 11, # of years FH was at KI. 20, # of years Invertigo has been at KI.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic