Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 minutes ago, KatieF said:

I wonder if 20:11 has something to do with this... 

WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive were added that year.

As a couple others noted when I asked about those numbers earlier, those are also the number of years the rides are/were there. 11 and 20 for Firehawk and Invertigo respectively.

• Like 4

Anyways, while I know the 20:11 is now the years those respective rides have been running-- I still think my idea of it being something from 2011 isn't totally invalid. My first thought was maybe they'd get rid of WindSeeker for space or something, or if the new ride would be something that's in other CF parks like Dinosaurs Alive and WindSeeker were. 

I am a little thrown at Invertigo for some reason. That coaster doesn't get much hype anymore, so I'm glad to see it getting mentioned. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XBeastGirlX said:

So what do you guys think of the fact that they are on the right side of the fence and there isn't enough room to spell out 'Kings Island' unless they move them again...

I think that K and I are the initials for Kings Island and perhaps they won't spell anything out.

• Like 3

Looks like they may be putting posters up about the other coasters at the park.. with some their key stats encrypted within the images, and somewhere down the line they will put up a poster about project x and we'll be able to figure out the key stats of it. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

So what do you guys think of the fact that they are on the right side of the fence and there isn't enough room to spell out 'Kings Island' unless they move them again...

Just now, supertrooper said:

I think that K and I are the initials for Kings Island and perhaps they won't spell anything out.

It's also possible that they're just the initials for KI but that when put together the posters will all say something together. KIGIGA for example. I'm not saying that's what it's going to say, but I'm thinking we'll continue to see more posters with letters and in the end they'll spell something out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

But why start to the far right or the end of the sentence or words?

No idea I've been wondering that myself. Right now I'm thinking it's less likely they'll move them and more likely they'll just keep putting stuff to the left of them, because why would you set it up so you have to move each one every time you put up a new one, right? So either they're going to move them, KI is the end, or maybe they aren't going to spell anything.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

No idea I've been wondering that myself. Right now I'm thinking it's less likely they'll move them and more likely they'll just keep putting stuff to the left of them, because why would you set it up so you have to move each one every time you put up a new one, right? So either they're going to move them, KI is the end, or maybe they aren't going to spell anything.

Could be like an active type out on a typewritter where everything gets pushed right to left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

It just seems purposeful to start so far right instead of center. 

What are your thoughts about that? Any ideas why?

Just now, Waltny said:

Could be like an active type out on a typewritter where everything gets pushed right to left.

Well right that's what I'm saying but then they have to move all the posters to move them left every time they put one up. I can't think of a good reason why you'd do it that way.

• Like 2

Three thoughts...

Odd that they changed the ECG reading and the wording in the Invertigo poster. That has to be for a reason.

Maybe the name ends in K and I and each new poster will be another letter toward the name.

Long shot.... Maybe they are getting rid of Invertigo and putting in a new flat for next year in that spot. They’ve recently had trouble with it valleying. That would explain the shorter Giga length.

• Like 4

Someone on Reddit said this could ultimately be spelling out “Kings Island 2020.” Fifteen letters, fifteen coasters at the park including Firehawk. K is the first letter and it looks like a 0 with Firehawk, so the last character, if this theory holds true. So the space will be gradually filled up with Invertigo moving more and more to the left. Personally, I think this makes a lot of sense.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic