Decoding 2020

fryoj

13 minutes ago, Beerman_IPA said:

Will the new coaster be a Vekoma too?  

It is going to be a B&M! Clermont Steel Fabricators melted down the steel of Firehawk to create our giga. Hopefully it was enough though because Maverick, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Wicked Twister would also have to be donors if Firehawk’s steel did not cover the full ride. I know some of us here would not appreciate that! LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

It is going to be a B&M! Clermont Steel Fabricators melted down the steel of Firehawk to create our giga. Hopefully it was enough though because Maverick, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Wicked Twister would also have to be donors if Firehawk’s steel did not cover the full ride. I know some of us here would not appreciate that! LOL!

Don't do this to me! Why why why!!! You can have Wicked Twister.  Don't you dare touch the others lol

** Sadly weeps in the corner.... don't touch wicked twister either**

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Don't do this to me! Why why why!!! You can have Wicked Twister.  Don't you dare touch the others lol

** Sadly weeps in the corner.... don't touch wicked twister either**

Nah, it was just a joke. You can still enjoy riding your favorite Intamins for as long as you would like!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

It’s like a plasticky cardboard. Not a nice material really. 

Edit: probably cheap to print on and reprint 

4 hours ago, XBeastGirlX said:

That's why I'm wondering what these are made out of. A heavy cardboard type poster could be printed short notice, but not a metal sign 

Coroplast is cheap and relatively weather proof. They can either print right on it, or they have a vinyl printer and just have to stick it to the coroplast. Either way, once they have the design done, they can knock a new sign out in under 10 minutes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EngineerX said:

Something that i eluded to waaay earlier, but the posters changing mid morning is significant. Things aren't always as they appear. Hint hint. Prints. Wink wink. 

Is there a reason you can't just say what you think it means rather than winking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

"BMV, Synonymous with fun!" wrote their slogan for them.

Haha B&M&V lol That would be interesting to see those 2 companies work together. I will say I saw an update on a coaster Vekoma is working on for Phantasialand…………….wow if anyone get the chance check it out. Its a new style flying coaster where the seats can spin and sit parallel to the track sideways lol its odd but cool looking.  I think the coaster is called F.L.Y.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

There is a 0.0000000001 chance the blueprints are fake/ layout 

I mean it might be a better chance then that but I don't think they are fake either. they are talking about the other guy the posted.

• Like 2

Can we just step back for a second and look at how amazing these teasers actually look. They have a really cool futuristic and scientific aesthetic that fits really well with xbase and the presumed theme of the coaster. They are much better than the small signs we got for MT and Banshee as they were pretty generic imo. While I wish they would’ve had some small reading signs from the beginning (such as the “Watch for Falling Trees” sign), I’m glad they seem to be putting some effort forth on these.

Also, is there any way we could get these signs? If so I call dibs because, again, they look so awesome lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I went to the Mystic Timbers announcement,  that was fun!  I hope this announcement is August 16th, that's the day I put in for having off just in case to be there.  

25 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

Do we know what the AZ stands for?

AZ means 'Beginning and End',  like when Firehawk first opened at KI in 2007 -2018. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am still having a hard time on why there is a poster for Firehawk. CP didn't post any torn down coasters did they? When they did this pre Valravn. I know newbie coaster is on old FH burial ground but still not sure why.

Firehawk's inclusion makes some sense to me at least because it's the ride this thing is replacing. It was a part of the "Project X" experiments and obviously served it's purpose so they're moving on to the next phase. The one I'm more curious about is Invertigo. Why that one? Assuming there are going to be more posters put up on the fence, ostensibly for other coasters, Invertigo seems like a really weird place to start. Is there some significance to that? Or is it simply because they both share the same manufacturer?

• Like 4

went to the Mystic Timbers announcement,  that was fun!  I hope this announcement is August 16th, that's the day I put in for having off just in case to be there.  
AZ means 'Beginning and End",  like when Firehawk first opened at KI in 2007 -2018. 

Ok that sounds much simpler than what I was thinking. I thought it might be something do to with azimuth.

• malem locked this topic