Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I'm assuming manufacturer has some significance only because it is printed so large on the poster. Hard to tell at this point though. I think within a week or two we should start to see a pattern 

Yeah I'm excited for when that pattern emerges.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I wonder when we will see the next set of posters? Tomorrow?

I'll be down there tomorrow. Definately going to be visiting X Base. Lol. 

Not sure if this has been covered before but with the teasers now posted it may me think.  Anyone else find it strange that Firehawk is still listed on the wait times on the KI app.  I honestly am now thinking this could have been a season long teaser.

Of course now that I go back to look at that part of the app (hadn't looked at it in about 2 weeks). Firehawk is not there.  Maybe it was an issue with my app not updating properly.  Who knows. 

Edited by Jallie79
Didnt want to double post
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am still having a hard time on why there is a poster for Firehawk. CP didn't post any torn down coasters did they? When they did this pre Valravn. I know newbie coaster is on old FH burial ground but still not sure why.

It will be interesting to see which coasters they put up next, so that this becomes more clear. They have plenty of coasters on hand to make signs for already, it would seem.

I've kind of had the thought in my head that the "test purpose" section of these posters might be relevant to Project X and it's elements. For instance, part of the Invertigo test is "Effects of extreme gravitational pull" which may be a reference to positive g's X will have in the helix. "Evasive maneuvering" on the Firehawk poster could be a reference to the several near-miss elements X will have. Both Test Purposes on each poster wouldn't apply, but if this theory is right, they would essentially be saying X is deriving elements from coasters which have been at KI at some point.

• Like 3

Finally got through to reading all this. I got so excited when I saw the posters! Can't wait to see them myself on Friday before Island Nights! I've been listening to hype music and I'm just so excited for this thing!

Also, I find it interesting that it says that 18% of specimens were at the latitude and longitude reference point on the Firehawk poster. Could this be a nod to its former life at Geauga lake (that for 18% of its life it was in another location)? This is so cool and oh my gosh I'm so hyped right now!!!! :D B)

EDIT: Also, I call dibs on a poster (right now, the Invertigo one but it is very early in the teasing phase; FOF, Banshee, or The Bat (1993)'s posters may look cooler)! 

• Like 4

Something that i eluded to waaay earlier, but the posters changing mid morning is significant. Things aren't always as they appear. Hint hint. Prints. Wink wink. 

If that were true it would be the greatest fake out ever done to conceal the layout of a roller coaster.

I do wonder why we only have the first set of footer blueprints. I wish someone close would go to Mason city hall and ask for the additional prints that would need to be filed in order to build this. That would put the fake out theory to rest.
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, XBeastGirlX said:
I'm assuming manufacturer has some significance only because it is printed so large on the poster. Hard to tell at this point though. I think within a week or two we should start to see a pattern 

We Unofficially - officially already know the manufacturer. It’s B&M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Maverick44 said:
Yeah I think they are trying to say the blueprints are fake.

So far the footers have matched the blueprints exactly

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, _capture_the_thrills_ said:

We Unofficially - officially already know the manufacturer. It’s B&M.

Oh it's definitely B&M. @XBeastGirlX was refering to the teaser posters and how the manufacturers of the coasters are listed there. To be quite honest, it's been established that Project X was a B&M coaster for some time now. It's probably a good policy to skim through the thread before commenting on major things like that.

• Like 1

I think it's going to be funny when people get off work today and jump on the thread and go "WTH happened!? How many pages am I going to have to go thru?"

This was me today haha every other day there's like 20 new posts. Today was 234. I said to myself oh must finally be a teaser! Last time there was alot of posts like that was the day the blueprints were posted lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

I went to the Mystic Timbers announcement,  that was fun!  I hope this announcement is August 16th, that's the day I put in for having off just in case to be there.  

AZ means 'Beginning and End',  like when Firehawk first opened at KI in 2007 -2018. 

If AZ means beginning and end, does that mean Invertigo will meet its end after its 20th season? I know this is odd timing as the park would not be able to replace it with anything next season when we have a B&M Giga in the same year, but I would not mind it if it were for future expansion! They could use Invertigo’s scrap metal to melt into a shiny new Intamin Blitz! LOL!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If AZ means beginning and end, does that mean Invertigo will meet its end after its 20th season? I know this is odd timing as the park would not be able to replace it with anything next season when we have a B&M Giga in the same year, but I would not mind it if it were for future expansion! They could use Invertigo’s scrap metal to melt into a shiny new Intamin Blitz! LOL!

Yes please 

• Like 3

Honestly, while I don’t personally ride Invertigo that often, I would be very sad to see it go. It’s a rare and fun model that has an incredibly small footprint. If they were to remove it, to really make use of its land, other things would have to be removed as well unless the coaster was very spread out like a hyper or giga. A blitz would need a lot more room there. A flat ride, however, could fit well in that footprint, though I would much rather see a flat ride go elsewhere instead of next to the two other largest flat rides in the park (besides WindSeeker). If this space were to be taken by an “entrance coaster,” again I feel like other attractions would have to be removed as well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, WindingSon said:

I don't think many realize that it is the last of its kind in North America. 

I do understand that, but why keep an old low capacity ride that is increasingly harder to find replacement parts for? Also, why would the park want to keep it when it is not a super popular ride (at least among people here)?

• Like 2

What if this happens. The end of the season, Invertigo leaves. In 2020, the giga successfully opens, but the park also uses the 2020 season to evaluate the Invertigo plot of land. I'm sure Congo Falls won't be around much longer either. So I could see the case of how we could get another coaster pretty quickly following the giga due to the loss of Invertigo. I could see Congo Falls leaving in late 2020 as well. I think having nothing in Invertigo's plot of land would be a major eyesore because of how it's right at the front of the park and it's one of the first things you see when you walk in. 2021 wouldn't be the year a new coaster opens because it would be the year following the giga, but 2022 could be a possibility. 2021 probably an addition somewhere else in the park. Like a Soak City expansion or something like that. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Was looking at fye’s coasters update on construction and saw these things.... what are they? Also when do you guys think vertical construction will start?

Most likely the pier bolts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If AZ means beginning and end, does that mean Invertigo will meet its end after its 20th season? I know this is odd timing as the park would not be able to replace it with anything next season when we have a B&M Giga in the same year, but I would not mind it if it were for future expansion!

That's a good question. Maybe beginning to end is not the most accurate way to put it? Maybe it's more accurately translated as "years of operation"? I'm not an industry professional, and I don't know what challenges the park may be currently facing with Invertigo. If it were me running the park, however, I wouldn't want to follow up the announcement of a new ride, by announcing the closure of an old one if I could help it. Invertigo may very well be on the chopping block in the (relatively) near future, but I really don't see them removing it before they're ready to build something else there unless it's absolutely necessary. I really think Invertigo is safe for 2020, just my two cents though. If the next posters start cropping up with something else where AZ is, then maybe that says something.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Was looking at fye’s coasters update on construction and saw these things.... what are they? Also when do you guys think vertical construction will start?

46AF3AA6-1AED-4FC1-B897-C4C30255059B.png

I don't know what they are but there was a flatbed trailer with a bunch more of similar looking boxes yesterday evening near the construction site. Today it looked like some of them had been moved to behind the large red building. 

I'm trying to imagine what would be packaged that way? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I don't know what they are but there was a flatbed trailer with a bunch more of similar looking boxes yesterday evening near the construction site. Today it looked like some of them had been moved to behind the large red building. 

I'm trying to imagine what would be packaged that way? 

Someone on this forum said pier bolts

• Like 1

That makes sense, I just thought someone else had previously said those were shipped in metal barrels with oil or something. I don't know either way, and I can't remember who the first person was, so let's just go with what Fryoj said lol 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

That makes sense, I just thought someone else had previously said those were shipped in metal barrels with oil or something. I don't know either way, and I can't remember who the first person was, so let's just go with what Fryoj said lol 

Gonna sound like a really dumb question but what are pier bolts again 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Gonna sound like a really dumb question but what are pier bolts again 

I think they are the bolts that stick up from the footers. I have attached a picture of Banshee’s footers. I may be wrong though...

July-3-2013-162.jpg

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic