Decoding 2020

fryoj

So far the footers have matched the blueprints exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I was stating someone else thinks differently. Oh well.

I’d be all for a Invertigo removal and a Blitz addition haha. But we all know that. I personally would like the Blitz to be in Xbase and add to the space theme and have it like a launch pad or astronaut training facility. I think a decent flat can replace that blue Vekoma lol

• Like 4

12 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I would literally cry

Vekoma has actually made some awesome looking rides in recent years. Check out the Lech coaster. Looks sweet. Also vekoma looks to be the manufacturer of choice for Disney at this point. Obviously we know that KI is getting a B&M but vekoma has really turned around.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, XBeastGirlX said:

That's why I'm wondering what these are made out of. A heavy cardboard type poster could be printed short notice, but not a metal sign 

They are printed on sintra. It’s a very durable material that a lot of their signage is created from.

Also, I wouldn’t read into much of the stuff in the teasers. This is the time where the park trolls you. 

• Like 4

^^yeah I think a lot of us are reading a little too much into this. Like I stated before that according to Amusement Insiders interviews he did with CW and CF officials, parks tend to use teasers to purposely lead people down the wrong path. Like with these teasers out, several people in the YT comments are saying a new Vekoma or flyer. And we have the actual blueprints so maybe the park is trying to put people down the new Vekoma or flyer path even though we're getting a giga. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Also, I wouldn’t read into much of the stuff in the teasers. This is the time where the park trolls you. 

This being said, would you say it's no use trying to glean anything from these? Are teasers clues, or are they just things thrown out to screw us up? I've never been a part of this with a coaster before so I'm actually asking, not being a smart ass. It seems to me that from these first two posters at least, there's a bit of a theme. I understand that maybe putting two Vekomas on there might screw some people up, but as far as I can tell the enthusiast community at large is aware this is a B&M. I guess put simply, is there any point in trying to decipher these?

• Like 2

I think we've all waited long enough for some action from the park. No hurt in some excessive decoding lol 

I wouldn't take anything to heart, and I think we all know the gist of what we are getting anyway, so let's have fun coming up with theories about the teasers while we have the chance. Just a couple short weeks until the announcement I'm sure 

• Like 8

I tried to decode something out of our information but really didn’t get anything but this is pretty ironic... I counted down how old/ additions of major coasters after Invertigo and I counted Firehawk and added them all up and got 47, The park is 48 years old.... really doesn’t prove anything but it’s pretty cool how close the years are

57106E2D-D2FB-48AB-AE18-242AFA15ECD5.png

2544182B-359C-40D7-BFDA-F387EF400764.png

• Like 4

Ever since I discovered the posters had indeed been switched out yesterday, I’ve been trying to figure out a scenario in which it makes sense. I’ve failed to come up with anything particularly satisfactory. 

I just don’t feel like the specific details that were changed had deeper meaning that made it important enough to “get right.” I’ll admit I could be wrong. But if the second version of the posters was so much more “correct” in its information, why would the first posters even have been printed/mounted? Because they are so similar, how was the mistake, if it was simply a mistake, recognized and rectified so quickly?

It also seems unlikely to me that the park would change them as trolling. I feel like if they were going to do that, the originals would be up more than a couple hours. 

Oh well, hopefully more posters or other information will be added soon that will, if not clear things up, at least give me a new mystery to distract me from this one. Because putting up posters and then replacing them a couple hours after their reveal with different but fundamentally equivalent ones is just plain strange.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Ever since I discovered the posters had indeed been switched out yesterday, I’ve been trying to figure out a scenario in which it makes sense. I’ve failed to come up with anything particularly satisfactory. 

I just don’t feel like the specific details that were changed had deeper meaning that made it important enough to “get right.” I’ll admit I could be wrong. But if the second version of the posters was so much more “correct” in its information, why would the first posters even have been printed/mounted? Because they are so similar, how was the mistake, if it was simply a mistake, recognized and rectified so quickly?

It also seems unlikely to me that the park would change them as trolling. I feel like if they were going to do that, the originals would be up more than a couple hours. 

Oh well, hopefully more posters or other information will be added soon that will, if not clear things up, at least give me a new mystery to distract me from this one. Because putting up posters and then replacing them a couple hours after their reveal with different but fundamentally equivalent ones is just plain strange.

I wonder if there isn't really any big mystery here. If you look back at the original Invertigo poster, it's got all kinds of things written on it that I think most people wouldn't be able to understand. If you look at the second version, much of it would make a lot more sense to the average reader. I'm leaning towards the idea that they put up the wrong posters to begin with and ended up switching them out real quick.

• Like 3

I know. I was stating someone else thinks differently. Oh well.

I’d be all for a Invertigo removal and a Blitz addition haha. But we all know that. I personally would like the Blitz to be in Xbase and add to the space theme and have it like a launch pad or astronaut training facility. I think a decent flat can replace that blue Vekoma lol

Oh yeah, bring on the blitz next!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They are printed on sintra. It’s a very durable material that a lot of their signage is created from.
I agree and they will throw out hints that match up to nothing in the end, all to waste your time going down rabbit holes. I am keeping my attention wide open this time around on all the hints.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FlyMartyFly said:

I agree and they will throw out hints that match up to nothing in the end, all to waste your time going down rabbit holes. I am keeping my attention wide open this time around on all the hints.

I'm so sure you guys are right, and at the same time I kind of want to go down the rabbit holes for a while, lol.

If Invertigo is in fact leaving, it would be a little sad as it is one of the last of its kind. At the same time, I would love to see a floorless coaster go in that area (Congo Falls would probably have to be removed too). As for the Larson Looper, put it somewhere else in the park, like Coney or Oktoberfest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sure you guys are right, and at the same time I kind of want to go down the rabbit holes for a while, lol.
I do understand and I really love this time of unknowns and mysteries all leading up to an awesome new addition for 2020!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Who in this forum will be the first one to get to the fence this morning to see if there is anything new? Will there be a mad dash to see who gets it out there first? As I sit helplessly at work...:unsure:

Hey man im right there with you! I start work at 0800 so theres no way i can make it there then back lol or else i would. 

• Like 1

So the “testing” that was included on the original Invertigo poster (I apologize if any of this is a repeat) seems to mostly center around what tests would be done on a patient to determine the source of dizziness. Which makes sense because the words above that also all relate to dizziness: syncope (fainting), oscillopsia (involuntary eye movements that can cause dizziness), and vestibular (the body system whose disruption causes dizziness).

C92ACC0B-91B3-4193-848A-E52D9E165227.jpeg

A “Romberg” test evaluates the subject’s proprioception, which is our sense of where the body is in space. It can be used to evaluate intoxication. The actual test is basically for the subject to stand with their eyes shut for a minute, and see if they sway or fall.

The Fukuda-Unterberger test is also a test of the vestibular system which tests for sources of dizziness. In this test the subject closes their eyes and walks in place, and then the amount they have turned from their original facing is evaluated. 

An MRI is a scan using that big magnetic tube to take pictures inside the brain and body. 

Posturography is testing that evaluates changes in a person’s sense of balance. 

So, basically, all of these words together make a pretty cohesive description of testing that might be done to evaluate how dizzy a ride makes the test subjects. However, at least at first glance, the replacement poster has little if any cohesion or plot... I’ll be looking closer at it, but it makes it even more confusing to me that the first poster was switched for the second.

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic