Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

So the “testing” that was included on the original Invertigo poster (I apologize if any of this is a repeat) seems to mostly center around what tests would be done on a patient to determine the source of dizziness. Which makes sense because the words above that also all relate to dizziness: syncope (fainting), oscillopsia (involuntary eye movements that can cause dizziness), and vestibular (the body system whose disruption causes dizziness).

C92ACC0B-91B3-4193-848A-E52D9E165227.jpeg

A “Romberg” test evaluates the subject’s proprioception, which is our sense of where the body is in space. It can be used to evaluate intoxication. The actual test is basically for the subject to stand with their eyes shut for a minute, and see if they sway or fall.

The Fukuda-Unterberger test is also a test of the vestibular system which tests for sources of dizziness. In this test the subject closes their eyes and walks in place, and then the amount they have turned from their original facing is evaluated. 

An MRI is a scan using that big magnetic tube to take pictures inside the brain and body. 

Posturography is testing that evaluates changes in a person’s sense of balance. 

So, basically, all of these words together make a pretty cohesive description of testing that might be done to evaluate how dizzy a ride makes the test subjects. However, at least at first glance, the replacement poster has little if any cohesion or plot... I’ll be looking closer at it, but it makes it even more confusing to me that the first poster was switched for the second.

Taken on surface level, this could allude to the effect that Invertigo gives to many riders, and even the name of the ride itself.  

On another level, both Invertigo and Firehawk go/went backwards and had inversions.  Will this be the first GiGa to go backwards and/or feature an inversion(s)?  Please, do not let it go backwards!

• Like 3

So Backlot Stunt Coaster tomorrow? If it continues to go by manufacturer (we don’t know that yet), I think we will see B&M last with Diamondback, Banshee and some mystery ride. There may be an announcement date on the last poster.

• Like 3

I don’t get it...
I just hope they don’t put a J to the left and then N and G to the right (assuming FoF is left of the other two so far)

I haven’t seen a full layout of the fence as of today but the FOF poster is to the right of the Firehawk poster, they could very well be spelling out “KI Orion”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

But wouldn’t we be able to tell what type of lift it is from the track at the b&m plant in Batavia?

Very true. Totally didnt think about that. Has anyone seen lift pieces yet? Generally they are at the front of CSF and I don't know if i've seen the Anti Rollbacks yet now that I've thought about it

• Like 2

Just now, _capture_the_thrills_ said:

I haven’t seen a full layout of the fence as of today but the FOF poster is to the right of the Firehawk poster, they could very well be spelling out “KI Orion”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sequence and placement on the fence doesn’t make sense anymore...

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic