Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Very true. Totally didnt think about that. Has anyone seen lift pieces yet? Generally they are at the front of CSF and I don't know if i've seen the Anti Rollbacks yet now that I've thought about it

These are pieces of the Kings Island giga track a little while ago in painted but I’m pretty sure that’s lift hill track

5358A0C5-F90B-467F-8AE8-F07C360234CA.png

0438E682-1EF9-4555-86B8-A2583138C9D3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, collin.klopfstein said:

These are pieces of the Kings Island giga track a little while ago in painted but I’m pretty sure that’s lift hill track

On the first picture, the ST stands for station. That is the track that is in the station.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ridership: Flight of Fear has given 10,806,406 rides since 1996, the 20th-most in park history. Its record year was 1998, when 1,078,021 rides were given.  (Numbers through 2009 season)

source: KI Central of all places :)

https://KICentral.com/rides/flight-of-fear/

(and I think they’re trying to say with those numbers “somebody done fouled up on the posters” so I wonder if this new one will end up in a version 2 today too)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Hm interesting, I dont see anti rollbacks, I dont think they add them after they have been Primed do they? Does anyone else have any knowledge on these pieces? Could we see a magnetic lift? I just don't see Cedar Fair being the Test dummy for that. But then again Hulk and Thunderbird didn't have major setbacks. Totally speculation, can we tell what kind of Lift from the blueprints?

• Like 3

Just now, Magenta Lizard said:

Ridership: Flight of Fear has given 10,806,406 rides since 1996, the 20th-most in park history. Its record year was 1998, when 1,078,021 rides were given.  (Numbers through 2009 season)

Exactly my point. *Runs to take down poster again*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Now that you've pointed that out Don will have it taken down and put up a new one. lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Hm interesting, I dont see anti rollbacks, I dont think they add them after they have been Primed do they? Does anyone else have any knowledge on these pieces? Could we see a magnetic lift? I just don't see Cedar Fair being the Test dummy for that. But then again Hulk and Thunderbird didn't have major setbacks. Totally speculation, can we tell what kind of Lift from the blueprints?

Just found out these are station pieces

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

So, basically, all of these words together make a pretty cohesive description of testing that might be done to evaluate how dizzy a ride makes the test subjects. However, at least at first glance, the replacement poster has little if any cohesion or plot... I’ll be looking closer at it, but it makes it even more confusing to me that the first poster was switched for the second.

Yes I totally agree with you. The first poster that was quickly taken down had a lot more science related test regarding dizziness and vertigo.  When they changed it, it had much less of this, and this new poster of FoF does not have a much (if any) of science related test.

At first thought that leads me to think the theme of the coaster is in some regards related to science. 

Also, if we are thinking that they put up a coaster poster a day, we could be looking at an announcement around August 3rd. 

Edited by KI FANATIC 37
  • Like 3

• malem locked this topic