Decoding 2020

fryoj

So as far as the poster that was taken down and then put back up, I want to clarify something... at least to the best of my speculation and experience.

It's very unlikely that there was a stat on there that was wrong or anything like that.  At least that's not why it was taken down.  If a ride has had 16,000,000 riders vs 11,000,000 riders it's irrelevant.  They just wanted to have a big number there that is believable and looks aesthetically pleasing.  

Likely what happened was far less glorious than even that.

When it comes to print media - whether it's a sign, billboard, or book, there are always several submissions by the graphics team (or person).  Usually the "powers that be" choose which version they like and then suggest changes from there.  It's VERY easy for the wrong version of the file to end up in the printer's hands.  I work with a company that self-published a book.  The version that was approved was not the same version they had on file.  They printed thousands of the wrong thing - despite it being different from the sample.  This company had to negotiate purchasing more books while also arranging for the destruction of the old ones.  The difference is, KI has their own sign shop.  The wrong version got printed so all they had to do was reprint it.  

I'd love to be wrong and for there to be a vast conspiracy, but I'm pretty confident that's what happened. :P 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Sorry guys, I don't think we are looking at a launch here. The lift hill section of the blueprints basically shows the stuff needed for a chain lift. 

As wierd as this "teaser campaign" has been so far...what if the blueprints were just a huge teaser. 

Hear me out now.  What if they knew someone would get the plans early so they submitted plans close enough to start work on footers and what not. Then we find out that the real plans were there all along but not being released as part of a huge government conspiracy.   This all will be revealed on Sept 20th. 

That's right, you thought that was the day they were gonna storm Area 51. Nope, Don planned the whole thing and that's gonna be the announcement date.  Why else would NV be on the FoF poster.   

There ya go 100% decided.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to ride The Beast.  Lol

Still leaves the question as to where the new bathrooms will be.

Edited by Jallie79
Didnt want to double post
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I am wondering if the sequence numbers refer to letter placement, then might the letters be placed out of order and have to be unscrambled? The reason I wonder is if O is Sequence 5, then where is there so much space between Sequence 5 and Sequence 8? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I am wondering if the sequence numbers refer to letter placement, then might the letters be placed out of order and have to be unscrambled? The reason I wonder is if O is Sequence 5, then where is there so much space between Sequence 5 and Sequence 8? 

I think it could possibly be two words with a space between them 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

THis is a really fun teaser campaign haha very interesting!

Already better then Mystics and Banshees and I'd say its Tied with Diamondbacks all though wasnt much decoding with Diamondbacks just a bunch of little phrases. I think this is going to play out to be the best teasing campaign in KI history, and to think two days ago we werent sure we would even get a campaign at all. 

• Like 3

I wonder if they are spelling out the hashtag they are planning to market the ride with. Maybe it is #KIOrion or #KIOrion2020? 
EDIT: Depending on how much space is between the signs, if any at all, perhaps #KIPolaris? If the letters aren't debuting in order, that is. 

After seeing a picture of the whole fence today, it could also spell out Orion KI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It would be really interesting to see if there are any new blueprints filed. Nobody has went since the last round of prints a while ago right?

45 minutes ago, _capture_the_thrills_ said:

After seeing a picture of the whole fence today, it could also spell out Orion KI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I'm hoping for this. IMO Orion is a much better name than Polaris.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I think it could possibly be two words with a space between them 

It is still quite a bit of space. The only thing that makes sense to me is that there are more two letters in between O and KI. My honest guess at this point is it is spelling out Polaris KI.  

• Like 1

It would be really interesting to see if there are any new blueprints filed. Nobody has went since the last round of prints a while ago right?

Yes nobody currently on here has seen the prints. We haven’t heard from ruthlessairtime in a long while and bsbmx has been missing as well. They have to be filed as they have begun digging the additional piers not seen on the original lifthill blueprints that were found.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Yes nobody currently on here has seen the prints. We haven’t heard from ruthlessairtime in a long while and bsbmx has been missing as well. They have to be filed as they have begun digging the additional piers not seen on the original lifthill blueprints that were found.

Maybe the park had them whacked.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I'm still here. Just no notable updates in a while. 

I did email Mason again this morning asking if any new blueprints are available. Still waiting on an answer from them. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

we are getting a top thrill dragster clone

58409885_329966321012257_2484615112165602324_n.jpg

Yea with the arrow dynamic trains, lol.

Get prepared to just, well.get thrown out on the way up and land on the other side of the park somewhere in the wave pool.

Space theme to the max.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

we are getting a top thrill dragster clone

58409885_329966321012257_2484615112165602324_n.jpg

31 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

You're going to get Maverick all hyped up again lol 

Yeaaahh be careful you might hype me up! I'd rather have the Blitz or new model they have been installing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Cosmos@KI

cant think of many words that would fit in the space and with the theme 

Could be based on popular opinion of the ride so far: #EconomyKI, #LetDownKI, #NoGoodKI, #LowCostKI

or: #BigfootKI, #ExploreKI, #LiftoffKI, #OutpostKI, #PandoraKI, #UnknownKI

• Sad 1

• malem locked this topic